November 23, 2017, 01:38:53 PM

Author Topic: Watford v Everton  (Read 31739 times)

April 08, 2016, 01:03:45 PM
Read 31739 times

Bluedylan

Might as well put one of these up but, once again, not all that arsed given the current climate. I'll be predicting a defeat. Mostly watching to hear the fans singing Baines' name.

There's your match preview. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 03:20:26 PM by Gash »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 08, 2016, 03:09:41 PM
Reply #1

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
In all seriousness is anyone going this game, and is anyone taking any 'anti Martinez' banners or 'pro Baines' banners.
Seen online a few Baines ones knocking around that people are going to try and get in.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

April 08, 2016, 04:02:35 PM
Reply #2

Juanito

Robles
         Coleman      Stones         Jags        Baines

McCarthy   Barry

Deulofeu           Barkley              Lennon

Lukaku

April 08, 2016, 04:38:09 PM
Reply #3

WeimaranerBlues

Think team will be above but with Lennon RM and Cleverley LM   Geri on the bench     and will he have the balls to drop   Bainsey  doubt it.....

these have not won for ages apart from the cup   only beat Newcastle and palace this year in the league, so on a similar run as us,   

and we play palace next and they aint won this year....

so someone is going to get a little boost before the semi and cant see it being us

predicted a defeat
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 04:40:01 PM by WeimaranerBlues »

April 08, 2016, 05:40:28 PM
Reply #4

wilbur

We have been awful in the last 2 games and it's in danger of becoming the norm. We desperately need to snap out of it tomorrow before it's too late.

It's difficult to overestimate Gareth Barry's influence and I'm sure his return will bring about a comfortable professional performance and reward us with our sixth away win of the season....................fcu k me, is that my alarm going off already?

“It was the best 10 years of my career, in fact they are the only team I ever actually played for. That’s what happens when you play for Everton, you forget the rest, the rest means nothing.” - Duncan Ferguson

April 08, 2016, 06:07:56 PM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Might as well put one of these up but, once again, not all that arsed given the current climate. I'll be predicting a defeat. Mostly watching to hear the fans singing Baines' name.

There's your match preview. Enjoy.

Yeah I'm finding it pretty hard to be that bothered what happens either which way.

I'm convinced that we'll play better in the semi regardless of form going into it.

But obviously it would feel a bit better if we were looking slightly capable going into it.

With Watford and Palace being in as worse/simply worse form than us these next two games would look particularly bad if we are, erm, particularly bad.

April 08, 2016, 06:23:31 PM
Reply #6

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Really really cant be arsed with it anymore

Martinez has had an absolute weston in the press all week, I am not sure whose fault it will be when we get beat. I will look forward to seeing who that is more than the game itself

Simply simply lovely

April 08, 2016, 06:28:14 PM
Reply #7

sootyjrw

It's difficult to overestimate Gareth Barry's influence

That's just one of the things I'm worried about with RM's teams, whenever Barry has missed a game, we don't have anyone taking responsibility, Barry is 35ish so what happens next season when his influence wanes.

April 08, 2016, 07:07:50 PM
Reply #8

Klown-Shoes

Watford beat Arsenal in the FA cup so we can be thankful to them for that, they've been off the boil for at least a couple of months though, maybe safety was their aim and they're cantering toi the semi in the meantime. A side achieveing more than the sum of its parts suggest it should, were a top half side (werent we all) with very few absolute stand out individuals. Would like a win, would like a solid performance actually, theyre only a point behind us having played a game extra, best of luck to them in their semi vs palace..... now to headlines......

Martinez struggles to bridge watford gap
Watford latest bane to Martinez' Everton
Stunning comeback sees hornets sting toffees to snatch late late draw

April 08, 2016, 08:07:29 PM
Reply #9

ally2

C'mon Watford

April 08, 2016, 08:17:19 PM
Reply #10

dax78

Hans segers is a legend ;)

April 08, 2016, 08:23:11 PM
Reply #11

ally2

If we win this game then so what?  Where will 3 points take us?  It makes no difference to anything. Even if you think that some form will make us better for the cup games, we have shown no consistency in any stretch of the season (a bit harsh - we have been consistently shite although I would argue that there have been discerns me variations of shite). We need Martinez gone. That's the only thing for me.

April 08, 2016, 08:44:07 PM
Reply #12

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I'll be honest, I've got more enthusiasm for the National than I have for this game.

I still want us to win, mind.

For what it's worth, I'd line up like this:

Robles
Coleman Jags Stones Baines
Barry Besic
Lennon Barkley Cleverley
Lukaku

For what it's worth, I think Roberto will line us up like this:

Robles
Coleman Jags Stones Oviedo
Barry Besic
Lennon Barkley Cleverley
Lukaku

April 08, 2016, 08:49:18 PM
Reply #13

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Defo gonna be last on match of the day this!

A win would be nice just to confirm our survival
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

April 08, 2016, 08:52:43 PM
Reply #14

TheTone

keep the faith lids, I'm expecting a big performance from the team tomorrow, then erm, lose on pens to them in the cup final !