October 17, 2019, 05:02:08 PM

Author Topic: Watford v Everton  (Read 53644 times)

April 08, 2016, 06:07:56 PM
Read 53644 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Might as well put one of these up but, once again, not all that arsed given the current climate. I'll be predicting a defeat. Mostly watching to hear the fans singing Baines' name.

There's your match preview. Enjoy.

Yeah I'm finding it pretty hard to be that bothered what happens either which way.

I'm convinced that we'll play better in the semi regardless of form going into it.

But obviously it would feel a bit better if we were looking slightly capable going into it.

With Watford and Palace being in as worse/simply worse form than us these next two games would look particularly bad if we are, erm, particularly bad.

April 09, 2016, 02:42:18 AM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The number of losses is good.

And if we had normal home form we'd be in good shape.

We don't though.

April 09, 2016, 12:45:27 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think the last 4 matches have shown this; maybe not in such a blatant manner.

The sending off gave us something to hold on to and we defended really well for, erm 78, mins.

Then the poor sub didn't help to prevent the melt down and that must have taken its toll on player morale; especially if it was low with regards to the manager's ideas etc.

Then the 1/4 final was a big game (with a chance to lead to personal glory), good atmosphere etc so the performance was more intense still.

The following games where there's no real personal glory and, perhaps the thought of "it doesn't matter if we defend well, RM can always balls it up" have seen terribly insipid performances in fixtures that you'd normally hope for more intensity.

April 09, 2016, 08:51:07 PM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Large pro Baines banner here

"Baines is one of us"

April 09, 2016, 08:52:07 PM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Kopites would have had something much more esoteric...

Baines est nobis; fuga Robertus

Or something.

April 09, 2016, 08:55:51 PM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I do think Kone has been harshly treated. Not brilliant but no worse than most this season. Hes completely disappeared in favour of a player whos apparently only 50% fit after being here 3 months.

Consistent with McGeady.

Surely he likes him as he signed him yet a poor half vs Barnsley (along with everyone else) and never to be seen again.

Obviously no one cares about that like.

April 09, 2016, 09:56:43 PM
Reply #6

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Mood not great here.

Id just said to @Rhys that we were lucky to score to avert a good booing as that had been dull for 45 mins.

But to then concede anyway, having scored in the 1 min of added time, was bad enough.

But to concede with all the hallmark mistakes of this period was ridiculous.

April 09, 2016, 09:58:10 PM
Reply #7

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

One of the worst goals you'll ever see conceded from a corner. Is there any convincing argument for not having men on the posts?

There'd be even more free men in the middle of the box?

April 09, 2016, 10:34:06 PM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Re the crowd there's a general undercurrent of discontent which is pretty obvious.

But people are fuming at the slightest thing.

April 09, 2016, 11:44:02 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Proper mid table clash that.

Crap again.

Against poor individuals this time though.

Really should have pushed on to a win in the second half.

They had a good shape and plan for the first 60 mins but their level dropped after that.

I'm struggling to see what we're trying to do.

Without getting into it all again here, Baines did describe it accurately in what he said last weekend.

No chances in the box outside of rebounds, barely any coordinated moves etc.