September 16, 2019, 03:51:30 PM

Author Topic: Watford v Everton  (Read 51441 times)

April 09, 2016, 10:12:59 PM
Reply #255

howard1334

This misconception needs to be reigned in.  We create decent chances that any decent quality striker would score.  You can't look back on his goals this season and think that they're all because it was him.  You could even go as far as looking at the chances he's missed and what he doesn't bring to the team.

April 09, 2016, 10:13:29 PM
Reply #256

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Me thinks there are a few players here saving themsvelves  for the semi, any real manager would take action.

If that's the case then Barkleys been saving himself for the past 6 weeks

April 09, 2016, 10:13:43 PM
Reply #257

Nicco

SPOT FUCKING ON.  You won't see a junkier goal in the Prem than the one McCarthy got (and credit for him being a junkyard dog about it).  But that's why you don't bitch and moan about "luck" - over time it ALWAYS balances the fuck out.
Ingemar Stenmark, slalom legend, once said to a reporter; The more I train the luckier I seem to be.

Some truth in that!
Jönköpings Södra IF

April 09, 2016, 10:13:53 PM
Reply #258

Evertonian in NC

Stones needs a firmer hand now, and someone to instruct him on the fundamentals.  RM was the right manager for him the past 2 seasons, but not now.  I do think he was right to drop him, but he was unable to do the necessary work behind the scenes preparing Stones to thrive when he DID get back in the XI.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 09, 2016, 10:14:01 PM
Reply #259

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
We're very adept at turning our own corners into opposition attacks.

April 09, 2016, 10:15:31 PM
Reply #260

Everton Mint

Barkley cant justify his place in this form. Shite.

April 09, 2016, 10:15:33 PM
Reply #261

sam of the south

GLewis reporting from the front line there. Like our very own Kate Adie.

Hahaha brilliant, BD, it really was just like that!
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

April 09, 2016, 10:15:37 PM
Reply #262

Evertonian in NC

Ingemar Stenmark, slalom legend, once said to a reporter; The more I train the luckier I seem to be.

Some truth in that!

Definitely, the saying about luck being where preparation meets opportunity.  There is some entropy in the world (sport and otherwise), but you still have to be in position to take advantage of it.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 09, 2016, 10:15:59 PM
Reply #263

Rodenplav64

Hahah what mate? You being serious here?

Quoted the wrong post .

April 09, 2016, 10:16:09 PM
Reply #264

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Lennon getting into the game now at least. Deulofeu still seems to be regaining confidence.

Barkley is having a bit of a stinker. Does Osman not get a cameo anymore? The trade off between those two I thought used to work pretty well.

April 09, 2016, 10:16:33 PM
Reply #265

Bluedylan

Newcastle sinking without trace, getting stuffed 3-0.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 09, 2016, 10:17:30 PM
Reply #266

Evertonian in NC

Lennon missed the target!

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Last good aspect of the season, blown all to fuck.

April 09, 2016, 10:18:46 PM
Reply #267

cjohno100

when did we sell lukaku and has mcgeady got a delboy suit on

April 09, 2016, 10:18:50 PM
Reply #268

Evertonian in NC

Shit damn fuck

April 09, 2016, 10:19:01 PM
Reply #269

KoemansNumberTens

Newcastle sinking without trace, getting stuffed 3-0.

Benitez is apparently on 5m to keep them up. A completely overrated manager.