September 19, 2019, 06:23:05 PM

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton  (Read 60865 times)

April 14, 2016, 04:33:19 AM
Reply #555

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

It's wank form
I can't imagine anyone can defend it (obvs some will try) but I for one am just glad we didn't lose
I hate how things are, I love Everton. I don't wanna see us lose, I hate it. Martinez isn't the answer, I think a vast majority agree with this but wanting Everton to lose??? Not for me

Yeah I'm glad we didn't lose!

Still just numb overall from the same dulling experience and don't feel that these draws show anything different from that run of form.

April 14, 2016, 04:33:44 AM
Reply #556

Thom

Administrator
He looks scared again

There was a run in the second half were he took 3 midfielders out the game like only he can... He needs to get back to that imo

Not sure if scared is the right word, Jim. I'm sure he is still feeling the effects of the injury he picked up against Watford. Saw him hold his lower back on a couple of occasions so could just be that. He seemed confident enough to drive forward and crack the bar with that effort.

We played okay overall I thought. A tad better than recent weeks but defensively we still look suspect. Part of that was down to McCarthy being a pleb and getting sent off (you could see it was going to happen the moment he got the first yellow) but I still worry everytime the other side attacks.

40 points though eh, lads. Phenomenal.

April 14, 2016, 04:34:15 AM
Reply #557

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I don't think anyone has said it's good form or tried to defend it

I do think some people are imagining that some others have done that though, and then conjured up a fume because of it

We didn't lose.  Life is always a little bit better when Everton don't lose.  Not as good as when we win, but better than when we lose.  The form we're in at the moment, then a clean sheet is an improvement (obviously) although some will claim it's as bad as getting beat, which it isn't.

To be honest though, after the text the wife sent me this afternoon, even if we'd lost I was going to bed with a smile on my face.

What's she's heard who we're getting in as manager for next season?

April 14, 2016, 04:35:28 AM
Reply #558

Simon Paul

Administrator

She's sorted her Wembley ticket, which means we're winning. 

April 14, 2016, 04:38:35 AM
Reply #559

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I'm glad we didn't lose!

Still just numb overall from the same dulling experience and don't feel that these draws show anything different from that run of form.
Yeah I totally agree and I'm not sure I should I meant to quote you!!!!

It's not good, at all
Can you see us beating man u? I can't

Surely that will be the end

It's sad that a draw at palace can be seen as a small, very small improvement but that's what he has brought to us

I will say fair play today, he mixed it up. We played no right midfielder instead of no left mid

That would have thrown em
Simply simply lovely

April 14, 2016, 04:40:31 AM
Reply #560

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure if scared is the right word, Jim. I'm sure he is still feeling the effects of the injury he picked up against Watford. Saw him hold his lower back on a couple of occasions so could just be that. He seemed confident enough to drive forward and crack the bar with that effort.

We played okay overall I thought. A tad better than recent weeks but defensively we still look suspect. Part of that was down to McCarthy being a pleb and getting sent off (you could see it was going to happen the moment he got the first yellow) but I still worry everytime the other side attacks.

40 points though eh, lads. Phenomenal.
I didn't see the Watford game thankfully

Yeah scared isn't prob the right word but he can do things, drive us on, take us forward but in the first half in particular he tried the easy option and what was more annoying was he failed at the easy option

He improved vastly imo on the second half
Simply simply lovely

April 14, 2016, 04:43:51 AM
Reply #561

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Kane doesn't have Lukaku's turn of pace/power either.

Overall though I think we obviously could be fitter.

Definitely could be fitter and more athletic.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 14, 2016, 04:44:49 AM
Reply #562

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
She's sorted her Wembley ticket, which means we're winning. 

See, I told you a national appeal would work
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 14, 2016, 04:51:31 AM
Reply #563

bacon sarnie

I think people have a false view of how good Palace are

The win at the weekend was their first since the late 90's or something like that

The Pardew pattern of starting on fire and then turning utterly shit is in the utterly shit phase and will turn into the fans hounding him out of the club phase (almost where we are at now?!) any minute!

We should be good for a 0-0 draw is what I'm saying!

Winner!

April 14, 2016, 05:06:19 AM
Reply #564

velimski

Either that or she's promised him blowie when she gets home.

April 14, 2016, 05:11:41 AM
Reply #565

Klown-Shoes

April 14, 2016, 05:18:25 AM
Reply #566

bacon sarnie

glad someone did this evening.

See, life's not so bad. Even if one is an Evertonian.

April 14, 2016, 05:20:10 AM
Reply #567

Klown-Shoes

See, life's not so bad. Even if one is an Evertonian.

Yea, theres always saints at our graveyard...

April 14, 2016, 05:21:13 AM
Reply #568

bacon sarnie

I can only assume we either arent fit enough to do it. Or he doesnt want the likes of Barkley and Lukaku doing it as he wants them to conserve energy for when they get the ball, and rather have mccarthy or barry win it back and release the forward players. Or he is asking them to do it and Barkley/Lukaku etc dont have the desire to do it and carry out his instructions.

Cant think of any other reason why do it so infrequently. I saw a graph the other week and we are down the bottom with newcastle and sunderland for least amount of pressing per game in the league. If they arent fit enough it thats ridiculous, if its because he wants to conserve energy i understand the idea but as shown by the top teams around at the moment they all press and dont leave individuals out of it. And if it's the final one then it's poor management to let them get away with it.

Whatever it is, not really good enough!

Aye, that and having the second worst home record besides Aston fucking Villa should do it too.

April 14, 2016, 05:26:29 AM
Reply #569

Klown-Shoes

Aye, that and having the second worst home record besides Aston fucking Villa should do it too.

does the saints game confirm the worst home record in our history? if it goes to 'form' that is.