July 20, 2018, 10:02:33 PM

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton  (Read 46449 times)

April 14, 2016, 04:00:52 AM
Reply #15

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
According to some we're on the up. Wow.
Noone is saying that
People are saying not getting beat is better than losing

It's another disappointing performance but some limited positives can be took
Simply simply lovely

April 14, 2016, 04:02:11 AM
Reply #16

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I think the idea with Oviedo was that he offered more defensive cover than Mirallas. And then Mirallas was brought on to hit them on the counter. Not saying they were the right subs though.
Yeah maybe
Personally id have gone mirrallas for Lennon (we were on top at the time) and then pienaar for Barkley

Hey ho what do I know
Simply simply lovely

April 14, 2016, 04:22:48 AM
Reply #17

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Who the fuck is boaty?
Simply simply lovely

April 14, 2016, 04:28:43 AM
Reply #18

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
The thing is for me is that the 3 losses wasn't the rot that needed stopping; they were against teams in the top 6.

It's that stat of 17 points from 19 games that's the real issue.

(Actually just looked it's 20 points from last 19 games.)

As that covers all the table.

So we're not pulling out of a short, say 6 game slump, where any sort of positive results are what's needed.

This is long term poor form.

2 draws against teams that are worse than us isn't something we should remotely be clinging on to.
It's wank form
I can't imagine anyone can defend it (obvs some will try) but I for one am just glad we didn't lose
I hate how things are, I love Everton. I don't wanna see us lose, I hate it. Martinez isn't the answer, I think a vast majority agree with this but wanting Everton to lose??? Not for me

Simply simply lovely

April 14, 2016, 04:30:28 AM
Reply #19

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Does Ross look more labored this season than in the past? I feel like he just looks bigger and less quick across the ground on a regular basis.
He looks scared again

There was a run in the second half were he took 3 midfielders out the game like only he can... He needs to get back to that imo
Simply simply lovely

April 14, 2016, 04:38:35 AM
Reply #20

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I'm glad we didn't lose!

Still just numb overall from the same dulling experience and don't feel that these draws show anything different from that run of form.
Yeah I totally agree and I'm not sure I should I meant to quote you!!!!

It's not good, at all
Can you see us beating man u? I can't

Surely that will be the end

It's sad that a draw at palace can be seen as a small, very small improvement but that's what he has brought to us

I will say fair play today, he mixed it up. We played no right midfielder instead of no left mid

That would have thrown em
Simply simply lovely

April 14, 2016, 04:40:31 AM
Reply #21

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure if scared is the right word, Jim. I'm sure he is still feeling the effects of the injury he picked up against Watford. Saw him hold his lower back on a couple of occasions so could just be that. He seemed confident enough to drive forward and crack the bar with that effort.

We played okay overall I thought. A tad better than recent weeks but defensively we still look suspect. Part of that was down to McCarthy being a pleb and getting sent off (you could see it was going to happen the moment he got the first yellow) but I still worry everytime the other side attacks.

40 points though eh, lads. Phenomenal.
I didn't see the Watford game thankfully

Yeah scared isn't prob the right word but he can do things, drive us on, take us forward but in the first half in particular he tried the easy option and what was more annoying was he failed at the easy option

He improved vastly imo on the second half
Simply simply lovely