December 14, 2018, 11:47:40 PM

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton  (Read 51061 times)

April 11, 2016, 04:10:24 AM
Read 51061 times

bacon sarnie

Predicting a 2-1 loss here. Can't see a way out of the doldrums for this team at the moment. Hoping they find a way in time for the semi but.....

Hope Coleman scores and the manager chokes on his excuses.

April 14, 2016, 12:15:17 AM
Reply #1

bacon sarnie

Good team Palace.

April 14, 2016, 03:09:10 AM
Reply #2

bacon sarnie

Would be tempted to see Besic come on for McCarthy. Feel like there is an above 25% McCarthy ends up getting a red otherwise.

Nailed it.

April 14, 2016, 03:11:43 AM
Reply #3

bacon sarnie

Same shit different day.

April 14, 2016, 03:12:48 AM
Reply #4

bacon sarnie

I just don't get why Martinez can't do the same calculation. It just astounds me. What horrible, horrible management.

Agreed. Taking the wrong striker off is a bafflement as well.

April 14, 2016, 03:55:16 AM
Reply #5

bacon sarnie

40 points! 10 men did alright like.  Robles MOM again. Thank fuck for Adebayor  :whistle:

April 14, 2016, 04:09:33 AM
Reply #6

bacon sarnie

Our movement both on and off the ball (pressing) is dreadful isn't it.

So static, man

Team in need of a stiff shit or is it just fitness and tactics?

April 14, 2016, 04:10:43 AM
Reply #7

bacon sarnie

Bring on the shite.......

April 14, 2016, 04:51:31 AM
Reply #8

bacon sarnie

I think people have a false view of how good Palace are

The win at the weekend was their first since the late 90's or something like that

The Pardew pattern of starting on fire and then turning utterly shit is in the utterly shit phase and will turn into the fans hounding him out of the club phase (almost where we are at now?!) any minute!

We should be good for a 0-0 draw is what I'm saying!

Winner!

April 14, 2016, 05:18:25 AM
Reply #9

bacon sarnie

glad someone did this evening.

See, life's not so bad. Even if one is an Evertonian.

April 14, 2016, 05:21:13 AM
Reply #10

bacon sarnie

I can only assume we either arent fit enough to do it. Or he doesnt want the likes of Barkley and Lukaku doing it as he wants them to conserve energy for when they get the ball, and rather have mccarthy or barry win it back and release the forward players. Or he is asking them to do it and Barkley/Lukaku etc dont have the desire to do it and carry out his instructions.

Cant think of any other reason why do it so infrequently. I saw a graph the other week and we are down the bottom with newcastle and sunderland for least amount of pressing per game in the league. If they arent fit enough it thats ridiculous, if its because he wants to conserve energy i understand the idea but as shown by the top teams around at the moment they all press and dont leave individuals out of it. And if it's the final one then it's poor management to let them get away with it.

Whatever it is, not really good enough!

Aye, that and having the second worst home record besides Aston fucking Villa should do it too.

April 14, 2016, 06:39:06 AM
Reply #11

bacon sarnie

does the saints game confirm the worst home record in our history? if it goes to 'form' that is.

Think it does. But that's alright we do better away from home they say.