October 19, 2019, 09:26:20 AM

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton  (Read 62901 times)

April 11, 2016, 09:23:00 PM
Read 62901 times

christiffa25

This doesn't make much sense to me. A "winning run" doesn't mean anything to this Everton team. If anything, we're more likely to win a game if we've lost/drawn several immediately prior to it.

Every time the pressure really mounts on this guy he pulls out a result or two to keep himself in a job. I expect much the same again, so a win coming Wednesday just to prolong the agony of this guy remaining in charge!

April 11, 2016, 10:21:55 PM
Reply #1

christiffa25

Christiffa he's never been close to being sacked and therefore never needing to "pull out a result" to keep himself in a job. You're living in a fantasy world if you think Martinez has been close to getting the sack.

Well true, I imagine no he's never been on the cusp of the sack but what I meant is, when the media etc are starting to turn and question him more he gets a couple of results, moves us up to mid table where sky seem to think we belong and concentrate on how the likes of west ham etc shouldn't be bottom half.

April 14, 2016, 02:05:19 AM
Reply #2

christiffa25

Kone so off the pace!!

Can't blame him like

April 14, 2016, 02:24:11 AM
Reply #3

christiffa25

Luckily palace are dump!!

April 14, 2016, 03:23:17 AM
Reply #4

christiffa25

Palace really are rubbish luckily for us.

April 14, 2016, 03:26:06 AM
Reply #5

christiffa25

April 14, 2016, 03:32:08 AM
Reply #6

christiffa25

April 14, 2016, 01:40:54 PM
Reply #7

christiffa25

I thought we did OK tonight! The sending off obviously put us a step back but we controlled it I thought until he took Lennon off and put Oviedo on! Only at that point did I think that we let them in and gave them the chances! Though they also threw on Adebayor and had Wickham too so they just lumped it up to them!
The referee though did he even give us 1 free kick all night?
I haven't seen either of McCarthys challenges again but from where I was for the 2nd I thought he couldn't get out the way and the Palace player was just looking to get him booked

McCarthy deserved to be sent off. Although, I don't blame him. Very little he could do to get out the way for the second yellow.

As for we did ok?? If we had been playing against Spurs or Leicester, Utd etc, the yes I would say we did well to battle for a point. Especially down to 10 men.

However, the fact we were playing a REALLY crap palace team, who imo villa are the only team I think have looked worse against us this season. Kind of wipes out the we did ok talk.