August 14, 2018, 10:24:19 PM

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton  (Read 46937 times)

April 11, 2016, 12:47:45 AM
Read 46937 times

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Our chance to go down to 15th place on Wednesday night.
Last time we finished 15th in the league we won the F.A Cup, just sayin like !

April 11, 2016, 03:43:12 PM
Reply #1

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I have a ticket for this match, says a lot that they are still on general sale two days before, really wondering if I can be bothered trapping accross London on a Wednesday night if we are to be served up more of the same as Watford, will probably go along to measure the mood, a win would be a slight bonus but not really of any significance is it.

April 14, 2016, 02:57:29 PM
Reply #2

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I thought we did OK tonight! The sending off obviously put us a step back but we controlled it I thought until he took Lennon off and put Oviedo on! Only at that point did I think that we let them in and gave them the chances! Though they also threw on Adebayor and had Wickham too so they just lumped it up to them!
The referee though did he even give us 1 free kick all night?
I haven't seen either of McCarthys challenges again but from where I was for the 2nd I thought he couldn't get out the way and the Palace player was just looking to get him booked

So often this season a draw has felt like two points lost, this felt more like a point won, no discontent from the crowd in the away section, frustration of course mostly at the ref performance who didn't give us a single free kick all night and in my opinion on any other night we would have been given a pen for that challenge on Coleman. The Mcarthy second yellow was "harsh"  not saying it wasn't a yellow but more often than not a ref would let that pass on a player already on a yellow. Thought Stones and Funes Mori played well, need that partnership to tighten up even further for the next few games though.

Baines looked knackered after 10 minutes, had no pace at all. Lukaku didn't win a single aerial challenge all night and looked incapable of using his body weight when in possession, something not quite right here, at one point in time he came over to the away fans and gestured with his arms for more support, best response was "you make a fuckin effort too Rom ! "

Looks like Ross has been told not to shoot from any distance, on at least 5 occasions he had an opportunity to shoot from 15-20 yards but ended up being dispossessed, on the one occasion that he took a shot from 20 yards he hit the crossbar, that and the pen that should have been given could quite easily
put a better spin on this with 10 men. Couple of positives their, Robles pulled off a very decent save, Barry playing well, think if we had put Lennon or Gerry  on the right wing we could have got more out of this game.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 03:28:47 PM by Escla »

April 14, 2016, 10:03:28 PM
Reply #3

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
He was forever screaming for a pass but would have to say that on 50% of those occasions he was not in a good position to receive it but then had a moan when it didn't come in, his head definately gone a bit.
Saw Martinez holding on to Baines arm on the sideline whilst Ball in play and Baines trying to keep his eyes on play whilst Martinez giving some kind of instructions in about the 70th minute, Baines eventually saw danger and pulled his arm away to get back into play whilst Martinez just spun on his heels, didn't see Baines pass on any master tactics to anyone else.