October 14, 2019, 10:14:07 PM

Author Topic: England v Germany  (Read 14766 times)

June 27, 2010, 07:28:22 PM
Read 14766 times

cad

I have a feeling that England will win this...quite easily. 3-1

(oops...didn't notice the earlier thread. Bin this, rather than complicate matters...)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 07:31:58 PM by cad »
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

June 27, 2010, 08:06:44 PM
Reply #1

Purple Aki

Really believe we are going to win. As long as we play with a bit of fight I don't care much tbh, I'd rather go out against Germany than Ghana.

June 27, 2010, 08:10:02 PM
Reply #2

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Really believe we are going to win. As long as we play with a bit of fight I don't care much tbh, I'd rather go out against Germany than Ghana.

Pity the winner of this has Argentina then isn't it?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

June 27, 2010, 08:12:16 PM
Reply #3

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Pity the winner of this has Argentina then isn't it?

I presume he means that they would have played Ghana yesterday if England had won the group, not that he thinks England will play Ghana next.

June 27, 2010, 08:13:50 PM
Reply #4

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I presume he means that they would have played Ghana yesterday if England had won the group, not that he thinks England will play Ghana next.

Ah, Misunderstood  :thumbsup:

Anyway, I'm saying a 2-2 draw with Germany winning on penalties.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

June 27, 2010, 08:19:44 PM
Reply #5

Sprooly

really think and hope england can get up here but if it goes to penalties goodnight

June 27, 2010, 08:24:46 PM
Reply #6

Purple Aki

Spot on Risky :)

And its Argentina or Mexico

June 27, 2010, 08:26:29 PM
Reply #7

evertonjoe

Fancy a narrow German win myself though a lot will depend on hiow England deal with Ozil

R.A.P Music

June 27, 2010, 08:35:17 PM
Reply #8

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I think England have a good chance, if, and it's a big if, they can play to their potential.

Watching SSN this morning I was struck by how overboard they have gone on how impressive England's win over Slovenia was - they played decent sure, but they didn't play exceptionally and you have to remember what minnows Slovenia are.

For England to win I think they need big performances today from Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard.  Otherwise I think Germany will have enough firepower to win.

June 27, 2010, 08:38:49 PM
Reply #9

evertonjoe

I think England have a good chance, if, and it's a big if, they can play to their potential.

Watching SSN this morning I was struck by how overboard they have gone on how impressive England's win over Slovenia was - they played decent sure, but they didn't play exceptionally and you have to remember what minnows Slovenia are.

For England to win I think they need big performances today from Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard.  Otherwise I think Germany will have enough firepower to win.

There does seem to be have been a lot of false confidence generated by a win over a mediocre Slovenia team. And whilst I don't believe Capello or any of the players will underestimate Germany most poundits are dismissing the German's as an average team who player for player are much worse than England. I think by doing so England fans and poundits are really setting themselves up for a fall

R.A.P Music

June 27, 2010, 08:51:08 PM
Reply #10

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
There does seem to be have been a lot of false confidence generated by a win over a mediocre Slovenia team. And whilst I don't believe Capello or any of the players will underestimate Germany most poundits are dismissing the German's as an average team who player for player are much worse than England. I think by doing so England fans and poundits are really setting themselves up for a fall

No different to any tournament that England have ever entered then  :snigger:

Bar '66 obviously....

June 27, 2010, 08:58:49 PM
Reply #11

Sprooly

was it just me or was upson absouloutly belting the anthem out just then some quaility stuff from him

June 27, 2010, 09:14:08 PM
Reply #12

cad

England haven't started too badly, but Germany look very polished.

Don't know what it is with Rooney. He just looks stale.
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

June 27, 2010, 09:20:05 PM
Reply #13

Sprooly

Klose scores

June 27, 2010, 09:20:54 PM
Reply #14

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Upson is awful and Terry isn't good either.