October 20, 2019, 07:16:05 PM

Author Topic: England v Germany  (Read 14796 times)

June 28, 2010, 10:09:43 PM
Reply #150

Jamokachi

Check out the quoting skills!!!.

Have you been on a course?

June 28, 2010, 10:21:16 PM
Reply #151

nomorechang

RIP
Klose scoring stats are first class at international level , yet he's hardly scored a goal for his club this year  .. except for his initial burst , the opposite can be said for Rooney ,in 2004 he was scoring goals for fun for England , then he went to Utd and as well as hes done for them since then IMO hes lost that little spark he had where he was allowed to just go on the pitch and PLAY  FOOTBALL  , not play to a plan or fit into a system , ... the system should be played to fit him if they want to get that unique instinctive talent that only certain players have ever had .. Best , Pele , Cruyff , Maradona ... Last season after Ronaldo went he was given a little bit of freedom by SAF , he scored 26 goals , Capello gets hold of him and tries to shackle him ..... see the result
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

June 28, 2010, 10:27:58 PM
Reply #152

evertonjoe

Klose scoring stats are first class at international level , yet he's hardly scored a goal for his club this year  .. except for his initial burst , the opposite can be said for Rooney ,in 2004 he was scoring goals for fun for England , then he went to Utd and as well as hes done for them since then IMO hes lost that little spark he had where he was allowed to just go on the pitch and PLAY  FOOTBALL  , not play to a plan or fit into a system , ... the system should be played to fit him if they want to get that unique instinctive talent that only certain players have ever had .. Best , Pele , Cruyff , Maradona ... Last season after Ronaldo went he was given a little bit of freedom by SAF , he scored 26 goals , Capello gets hold of him and tries to shackle him ..... see the result

Another problem with Rooney is the flair and drive that allowed him to dominate games whilst a 16 year ol at Everton seems to have been somewhat coached out of him by Capello. He no longer strikes me as a player who can beat 4 or 5 men then slot the ball into the bottom corner and his time at United seems to have turned him into more of an instinctive finisher a world class goal poacher who works his arse off. The problem with that is that whilst still a great player rooney now has to rely on quality service at lot more than he did during his youth. There's no problem with this at United were he has quick tricky wingers and excellent passers around him but with England the service is poorer which means he has to drop deeper and as i've already said he no longer seems to have it in his locker to trick his way through a defence. Because of this he appears a much more marginalised palyer for England and his goal scoring suffers.

R.A.P Music

June 28, 2010, 10:28:37 PM
Reply #153

Gash

Global Moderator

June 28, 2010, 11:11:28 PM
Reply #154

Haile GAZrselassie

Can't say I disagree with what Keane says here. http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2890/world-cup-2010/2010/06/28/1999703/manchester-united-legend-roy-keane-gives-scathing-player-by

For a man who's done jack fucking shit in mangerial terms Roy Keane would be best to keep his fucking mouth shut and get his own house in order.

I agree with him about David James, Rob Green, Heskey and Gerrard but Ashley Cole is without doubt world class.

He, Rooney and Lampard have proved they can cut it at the highest level of football (CL later stages) so he's completely wrong about that.

It's clearly not happened for them (again) but England do have some top class players.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

June 29, 2010, 04:07:12 AM
Reply #155

Midfield General

Ask yourselves this how many English players would get into the German side ? - None!

How many German players would walk into our side? - 4 or 5 ??

ILB is right they have more world class players than we do simple as that really, it goes back to grass roots level developing the technical ability of players from a very young age.

June 29, 2010, 05:25:06 AM
Reply #156

Paul.

Ask yourselves this how many English players would get into the German side ? - None!

How many German players would walk into our side? - 4 or 5 ??

ILB is right they have more world class players than we do simple as that really, it goes back to grass roots level developing the technical ability of players from a very young age.

On last nights showing. None of them would. They were outclassed, outplayed and treated with the contempt their attitudes deserved.
Who lit the fuse on your tampon ?

June 29, 2010, 05:44:24 AM
Reply #157

Gash

Global Moderator
For a man who's done jack fucking shit in mangerial terms Roy Keane would be best to keep his fucking mouth shut and get his own house in order.

To be fair, he's obviously been asked the question, so he gave the answer. I've never liked Keane as a person, but I've always admired his honesty. And as I said, it's pretty hard to disagree with what he says.

June 30, 2010, 04:49:03 AM
Reply #158

ilikebrunettes

Well, I finally watched it tonight on the iplayer. Jesus fucking Christ, can't believe some of the stuff I watched!

First off.... Glen Johnson. The lad is a disgrace, he should have taken a yellow for the team on the third. But he didn't, why?! Because he would of
missed the next game. shithouse, him before his team.

Barry? Woefully slow at this
level, painful to watch! Terry? Yard dog, cruelly targeted by the Germans, and exposed! Tht prick gerrard. Where doni start?! Hollywood pass, absolute no positional discipline. I watched him play a 5 yrd ball, and them he strolled on field. Leaving no cover for cole, and didn't offer a an option to other midfielder!

Dreadful performance, made
to look worse by the Germans intelligence! That sides needs striping to the bare bones
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

June 30, 2010, 05:38:28 AM
Reply #159

Bally

Administrator
Well, I finally watched it tonight on the iplayer. Jesus fucking Christ, can't believe some of the stuff I watched!

First off.... Glen Johnson. The lad is a disgrace, he should have taken a yellow for the team on the third. But he didn't, why?! Because he would of
missed the next game. shithouse, him before his team.

Barry? Woefully slow at this
level, painful to watch! Terry? Yard dog, cruelly targeted by the Germans, and exposed! Tht prick gerrard. Where doni start?! Hollywood pass, absolute no positional discipline. I watched him play a 5 yrd ball, and them he strolled on field. Leaving no cover for cole, and didn't offer a an option to other midfielder!

Dreadful performance, made
to look worse by the Germans intelligence! That sides needs striping to the bare bones

Well it's finally happened, I actually agree with something you have said
It's the roll I way