November 25, 2017, 10:14:08 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Norwich  (Read 24177 times)

May 13, 2016, 12:27:34 AM
Reply #15

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
you want to get rid of Ross?? wouldnt listen to a word you say though, as you want us to leave Europe haha

Leaving Europe was the best thing I ever did. It worked so well, I did it twice! hahaha
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

May 13, 2016, 12:57:36 AM
Reply #16

Fynci

6-0 win

Dowell (6)

Season ends on a high. We all go for lovely summer holidays. De Boer comes in and spends Moyes entire budget in a couple of weeks on some huge names. Next year we win the double.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

May 13, 2016, 01:54:37 AM
Reply #17

Toddacelli

Problem for me is, if Martinez was succeeding in his first season due to working with what Moyes had built, how long will the players have the Martinez hangover effect after he has gone?
Yes the manager was shit.  But the players have been as well.  If they are suddenly good again in this game then they need to look at themselves as much as Martinez.

I agree to a point. But if the formation, tactics and instruction for out on the pitch are completely different, then it lays a bit more of the blame at Martinez's door.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 13, 2016, 02:09:52 AM
Reply #18

robertdrumm1954

Howard
Holgate Pennington stones baines
Mirrallas Barkley Gibson pienaar
Osman
Lukaku

Send offs for Howard, Gibson and pienaar
Probs Osman too as he levels some sort of record

Wonder if de boer came he would try to keep pienaar as a coach?
Would play Galloway at L/B.

May 13, 2016, 02:12:11 AM
Reply #19

robertdrumm1954

You never know we might get lucky . The lad has turned into a wardrobe and not because of Martinez . Needs to fuck the weights off and work on his passing .
And his fitness the lazy bastard.

May 13, 2016, 02:46:51 AM
Reply #20

WeimaranerBlues

Agree Ross has filled out , and looks a bit too bulky, a lot of muscle needs more oxygen and he gets tired quicker, no doubt resulting in him not being able to last 90 mins , another example of poor back/room / manager training routines. Can easily be addressed.

May 13, 2016, 03:13:41 AM
Reply #21

Alanvideo

I reckon we ( the crowd ) will be so up for this game ,it will be the best atmosphere since we beat Chelsea 3-1 in September. That Naismith lad scored all 3 . Whatever happened to him ?  ???
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 13, 2016, 04:12:33 AM
Reply #22

charlatan

Actually looking forward to a game for the first time in months!

Steven Pienaar - his second spell has been blighted by injuries but was still a popular figure and one half of one of the finest double acts in club history with Leighton Baines.

Spot on, right up there with Steven & Stevens, Reid & Bracewell, and Limpar and Kanchelskis for me.  My favourite player since Joe Parkinson

May 13, 2016, 06:16:58 AM
Reply #23

howard1334

Why do people want to sell Barkley? I honestly don't get that at all.

What really confuses me is those who value Stones over Barkley. So many Stones fanboys out there willing to turn on Barkley in a moment. Especially weird when Barkley is actually homegrown and he had by far and away the better season (12 goals and 11 assists) than overrated/hyped John Stones.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 12:43:30 AM by howard1334 »

May 13, 2016, 06:28:29 AM
Reply #24

TSGun

Why do people want to sell Barkley? I honestly don't get that at all.

Couldn't agree more. I'm hoping it's nothing more than releasing frustration.

I'd just about pack it in if he was sold.

May 13, 2016, 01:53:23 PM
Reply #25

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Never sell Ross Barkley.

Just get him on a treadmill and off the barbell.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 13, 2016, 04:59:43 PM
Reply #26

Rodenplav64

Never sell Ross Barkley.

Just get him on a treadmill and off the barbell.

Maybe this would sway me . However his distribution and awareness are also shocking . I realise there are some you can't criticise but he really needs a lot of work now that the opposition have worked him out . Same thing with Stones , pressure him or lump it in the box and he looks anything but a top CH . Martinez gets lynched for not changing his tactics but maybe the players are just a bit on the thick side . Carragher pointed out the other night they just don't appear to sense danger . How many times does Ross lose possession or misplace a pass ? And a Brexit is the best thing that could happen to this country !
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:00:59 PM by Rodenplav64 »

May 13, 2016, 09:28:15 PM
Reply #27

BlueBeagle

Ross Barkley is not "bulky" in the slightest

May 13, 2016, 09:33:20 PM
Reply #28

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
For me, Barkley only gives the ball away when trying a killer ball. His all round passing is actually very good.

He's defo an easy pick to lay into

I do think he needs to be playing deeper tho, he is better around the edge of the box coming onto the ball rather than being on it of that makes sense

Simply simply lovely

May 13, 2016, 09:44:46 PM
Reply #29

Bluedylan

Ross Barkley is not "bulky" in the slightest

He defo is. He's just gone a bit too far with the weights, as brap says. It's reduced his mobility a bit but it's easily addressed.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.