October 24, 2019, 03:28:47 AM

Author Topic: Laugh along with those loveable Reds...  (Read 338363 times)

connor mcloud and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

May 19, 2016, 07:37:08 PM
Reply #30

Bluedylan

No there's nothing else meant by my comment. I honestly didn't know what it meant but lizz has explained. I still don't really understand it but if it's actually a thing then that's pretty spineless reporting from the media.

I mean it's not a fact, it's an opinion and obviously we're all biased, but it certainly seems that way.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

May 19, 2016, 07:45:52 PM
Reply #31

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
There is no way a journalist would write a report about Liverpool fans causing bother at a game, they defo wouldnt suggest that there was fans out there that were a ticketless and b trying to bunk in

It would be career suicide
Simply simply lovely

May 19, 2016, 07:52:36 PM
Reply #32

ally2

As someone said earlier I think, John Cross reported it on Talksport last night. He was due to come on soon after the show started but in the end it was almost an hour before they chatted to him. He described what happened inside the stadium only - saying that there were scuffles and that Liverpool fans had actively moved across to confront Sevilla players about whatever it was they were upset about. Then he said that they had made their way unobstructed into the press area.

The theme of what he was saying was that it was the stadium and the authorities that were insufficient. Goldstein directly challenged him and said that it was fans behaviour that was the problem - that if he travelled that distance to watch the team, he still wouldn't have behaved as some of them did. Although Cross took that point, his angle was very clear that it was the responsibility of the authorities to manage the event.

It was quite bizarre overall. But the theme overall fits what is being said here - if you are going to report this stuff then you had better be careful what you say.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 07:53:46 PM by ally2 »

May 19, 2016, 08:07:24 PM
Reply #33

Ross

I don't fully go along with this conspiracy plot there's plenty of papers covered the trouble, just google it. It's not been headline news everywhere but that's due to editorial preference rather than concerns over any kind backlash.

Anyway what's interesting is this is their second game in this competition they've had hooligans rioting. UEFA charged them for violent fan behaviour after the Utd matches and now this. Surely they should be looking at quiet a severe punishment given their previous history for crowd trouble?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 19, 2016, 08:39:35 PM
Reply #34

bacon sarnie

So cute, so nice. Liverpool use the same house for all their managers. I wonder did Klopp keep the potrait of Rogers hanging in there

See todays Other Football thread......
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 08:40:53 PM by bacon sarnie »

May 19, 2016, 08:47:23 PM
Reply #35

bacon sarnie

Without missing a beat or any sense of irony comes the immortal words "next season....."

Sob!

May 19, 2016, 09:59:54 PM
Reply #36

Bluesthedaddy

Typical, cause murder the scurry back down the man hole the fucking rat.

May 19, 2016, 11:54:29 PM
Reply #37

Mayor Farnum

No idea what you mean @Bob Sacamano ....

These three don't look like they spend too much time with 'birds'.
Something clever written by someone else.

May 19, 2016, 11:56:33 PM
Reply #38

Mayor Farnum

Typical, cause murder the scurry back down the man hole the fucking rat.

Looks like the team and the fans had their pants pulled down last night.
Something clever written by someone else.

May 20, 2016, 02:29:03 AM
Reply #40

sam of the south

Sky Sports were barraging a Swiss police dude or something (apologies for not being conclusive, I was washing-up)and pretty much bullied him into underlining that there were no violent offences last night, all were 'petty crimes' like selling unofficial merchandise and pick-pocketing, and that the 30 arrests were evenly spread across Liverpool supporters and Swiss nationals.

Excuse me as I stroke my chin, 1980's style..
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

May 20, 2016, 03:25:52 PM
Reply #41

sirblue57

instead of calling them "redshite" etc, can we simply refer to them as "AtV"? (always the victims).

no tbeing bitter, but am fed up with those fuckers whinging about EUFA, The FA, FIFA, Subway, any fucking one but themselves, as the cause for trouble that follows them.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

May 20, 2016, 03:56:01 PM
Reply #42

Bluesthedaddy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-459708/Ticket-stealing-Liverpool-fans-branded-worst-Europe-UEFA.html

Looks like the shite and anyone sticking up for them would like uefa to monitor anyone taking a flight/ferry/coach to any country holding one of their  games, any of their supporters that has a printer (or knows someone with one) , and make sure they only have 2 units of alcohol each (in other words baby-sit each fan). How's about not competing in their comps in ye always hard done by, or just ban the fucking cunts.

May 20, 2016, 06:10:49 PM
Reply #43

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 20, 2016, 06:58:06 PM
Reply #44

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Another look at the ad spotted in the Liverpool Echo this morning… #LFC pic.twitter.com/aOoP7VUdwV</p>&mdash; Paddy Power (@paddypower) May 19, 2016
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...