November 18, 2018, 02:00:50 PM

Author Topic: Laugh along with those loveable Reds...  (Read 202038 times)

September 18, 2016, 02:52:44 AM
Reply #225

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Guardian harping on about rebirth of the glory days on Merseyside with us in second place 3 points above and a superior goal difference.

Deffo their year like.

There were similar articles in Roberti's first season when they were going for the title. Hopefully they've jinxed them again (and not us)
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 18, 2016, 04:27:05 PM
Reply #226

Toffee1

Ah bless.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-urges-liverpools-players-8860127

Wonder if they will include him hugging his players in those laughable Nivea adverts?

September 19, 2016, 04:11:34 PM
Reply #227

Macca77

The redshite Echo is adding more fuel to the fire here, actually printed a story saying the shite are now second favs for title after United lost yesterday, i despise that fucking paper

September 19, 2016, 06:37:36 PM
Reply #228

MmmblueBernard

The redshite Echo is adding more fuel to the fire here, actually printed a story saying the shite are now second favs for title after United lost yesterday, i despise that fucking paper

They are second favs with skybet 11/2

interestingly, weve gone from 100-1 to 66.....

Deffo worth a few quid on an each way....
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 06:42:17 PM by MmmBlueToffee »
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 19, 2016, 11:32:56 PM
Reply #229

74Blue

They are second favs with skybet 11/2

interestingly, weve gone from 100-1 to 66.....

Deffo worth a few quid on an each way....
So how does that work? I've never really understood the mechanics of how "Each Way" betting works. There are only two possible outcomes, you either win the league or you don't. So how can you bet on something "Each Way" if it can only happen or not happen. Either way, you win? How is that even a gamble? How does the bookie make money on it?
I'm probably being really thick about betting, because it's not something I tend to do. There's probably a really simple explanation, but the term "Each Way", seems to suggest that it's a no-lose bet.

September 20, 2016, 04:27:08 AM
Reply #230

Alanvideo

So how does that work? I've never really understood the mechanics of how "Each Way" betting works. There are only two possible outcomes, you either win the league or you don't. So how can you bet on something "Each Way" if it can only happen or not happen. Either way, you win? How is that even a gamble? How does the bookie make money on it?
I'm probably being really thick about betting, because it's not something I tend to do. There's probably a really simple explanation, but the term "Each Way", seems to suggest that it's a no-lose bet.
...........if you bet 5 each way on Everton to win the league it would obviously cost you 10. If we came 2nd you would lose the  'win' portion of the bet but you would get 1/4 the odds on the 'place 'portion'. So if it was 66/1 as MBT says  , you would get 82-50 back plus 5 stake.
We are special ,we are Everton.

September 20, 2016, 05:00:00 AM
Reply #231

ally2

...........if you bet 5 each way on Everton to win the league it would obviously cost you 10. If we came 2nd you would lose the  'win' portion of the bet but you would get 1/4 the odds on the 'place 'portion'. So if it was 66/1 as MBT says  , you would get 82-50 back plus 5 stake.

Ok I understood the first bit

September 20, 2016, 05:02:52 AM
Reply #232

Bluedylan

Ok I understood the first bit

Basically the each way terms are First 4 in the league, 5th of the odds.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 05:04:34 AM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 20, 2016, 05:04:33 AM
Reply #233

Shogun

Administrator
Basically the each way terms are First 4 in the league.

Usually only goes down to 2nd place I think.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 20, 2016, 01:36:30 PM
Reply #234

74Blue

Now it makes a bit more sense to me.

September 21, 2016, 01:41:29 AM
Reply #235

bacon sarnie

There were similar articles in Roberti's first season when they were going for the title. Hopefully they've jinxed them again (and not us)

Wonder who they'd go for if it went down to the wire? I've no doubts at all that they'll win everything again this season. Ha.

September 24, 2016, 05:46:22 AM
Reply #236

The Analog Kid

Usually only goes down to 2nd place I think.

Yep.

I've got one for each of the leagues, fiver each way on Chelsea, Fulham, Bolton & Luton. Prem gets first two places, the other three get three places. Returns 15,500 if it comes in like.

September 25, 2016, 11:20:10 PM
Reply #237

Mayor Farnum

Yep.

I've got one for each of the leagues, fiver each way on Chelsea, Fulham, Bolton & Luton. Prem gets first two places, the other three get three places. Returns 15,500 if it comes in like.

Is it too late to do such a bet now the season is under-way? I know you can still bet on the winners just wondered if the each way market is still open.   

September 27, 2016, 12:49:25 AM
Reply #238

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
What's the wank fest all about with Klopp on Sky's MNF.
For about 4 days it's been headline news on the sky website.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 27, 2016, 12:57:41 AM
Reply #239

Ross

What's the wank fest all about with Klopp on Sky's MNF.
For about 4 days it's been headline news on the sky website.

European football week isn't it. They need to remind the world that they've not fell off the face of the earth so they go all out to with the drowning man impression waving to the beach.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.