November 24, 2017, 11:00:46 PM

Poll

As the gaffer

Yes
104 (61.9%)
No
64 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: Koeman  (Read 87426 times)

June 02, 2016, 09:11:12 PM
Reply #60

Kiril84

Let's be optimistic guys.We will have a good manager and most importantly with money to spend.

deCoubertin

June 02, 2016, 09:15:07 PM
Reply #61

Ross

He will also be off to arsenal the second Wenger goes.
So we're going to be here next year with a decent chance of a shallower market of available managers.

@ross, I am worried about the more insidious option. That he's doing arsenal a favour of giving koeman a year trial at a club with more money to spend than Southampton, hence bigger egos and bigger expectations.

Do you think he'll take Sammy Lee with him when he goes?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 02, 2016, 09:15:56 PM
Reply #62

MmmBlueRamirez

Some folk really have unrealistic expectations of who we could get.

Koeman would be a great improvement on Martinez.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 02, 2016, 09:18:46 PM
Reply #63

TheTone

Bit weird that a fortnight ago Koeman was first choice for many (including myself), yet off the back of Emery winning one game on the telly he now comes across as an anti-climax for many (err, including myself...)

I too was seduced by Emery, more so cause he got one over on the german with 100 teeth

I'll be happy with Koeman, I think he is a good manager, commands respect from his players, speaks the lingo and has experienced this league

Tweets like a good un too don't he, I think most fans will take to him and he'll win over those that are a bit sceptical

June 02, 2016, 09:19:57 PM
Reply #64

t2487

Some of you lot are ridiculous.

Koeman is boss and proven in the Premier League.

Either him or Emery are great appointments.

COYB!

June 02, 2016, 09:28:52 PM
Reply #65

Evertonian in NC

Pellegrini is better, and he will only fuck off for retirement, not the Arseholes.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 02, 2016, 09:38:23 PM
Reply #66

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Bit weird that a fortnight ago Koeman was first choice for many (including myself), yet off the back of Emery winning one game on the telly he now comes across as an anti-climax for many (err, including myself...)

For some maybe.

Others are more aware of the fact he has won 3 uefa cupa on the bounce with a team that would struggle to be considered in the 3rd rung of European teams for the majority of its history

June 02, 2016, 09:55:07 PM
Reply #67

KingdingalingNL

Gave you a like for informing - not for him taking Sammy Lee with him

I thought as much! It hurt me to type it never mind actually thinking about it happening !!!

June 02, 2016, 09:57:09 PM
Reply #68

hill135

Yay, a manager to keep us nice and steady.

And there's me thinking things would change.

June 02, 2016, 10:01:04 PM
Reply #69

Cozzie

To be honest, as soon as Martinez was sacked, I remember saying to myself straight away that Koeman was the one I would like to replace him.

Obviously since then with the likes of Emery being linked I have sort of gone off the idea slightly of Koeman coming in like many have.

He is by no means anywhere near as bad as what some are making out on here though.

Koeman took over  at the saints when they had just lost Pottechino and a hand full of their star players to the shite, yet he still managed to improve them that year.

The following season he again lost key players but made them even better once again, finishing this season with Southampton just 3 points off a CL place, playing some great football in the process.

That is why, in my opinion at least, if the deal is to happen, that he is the front runner for the job.

There is a strong chance we will lose Lukaku and Stones this summer, leaving a huge gap not only in quality in our squad but serious numbers too.

Moshiri has probably looked at how Koeman has managed to keep Southampton not only competitive but also improved them despite major player losses. Koeman seems to fit the bill only this time he will have an awful lot more money to be able to get it right.

They have probably looked at who would be the best candidate to be able to deal with a major squad overhaul, which is what I believe will happen this summer.

He has 2 years of prem experience under his belt so you know he can do it in this league.

In my opinion it is a good logical appointment, not the greatest and most exciting, I agree, but one that I think will definitely take us forward, even if it is gradually.

People need to get more of a grip as to where we are as a club at the moment and who we can get.

We have finished 11th in consecutive seasons now and are, at best at the moment, a mid table club, but not far off where we want to be as a minimum which is finishing in the European places, starting a fresh with a calm head like Koeman would make sense in my opinion. Then if he is to leave us as long as he has left us in good nick we will be in a well better position for a better manager.

That is my take on it anyway, I wouldn't be against Koeman at all, be content.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 10:07:30 PM by Cozzie »

June 02, 2016, 10:05:38 PM
Reply #70

t2487

To be honest, as soon as Martinez was sacked, I remember saying to myself straight away that Koeman was the one I would like to replace him.

Obviously since then with the likes of Emery being linked I have sort of gone off the idea slightly of Koeman coming in like many have.

He is by no means anywhere near as bad as what some are making out on here though.

Koeman took over  at the saints when they had just lost Pottechino and a hand full of their star players to the shite, yet he still managed to improve them that year.

The following season he again lost key players but made them even better once again, finishing this season with Southampton just 3 points off a CL place, playing some great football in the process.

That is why, in my opinion at least, if the deal is to happen, that he is the front runner for the job.

There is a strong chance we will lose Lukaku and Stones this summer, leaving a huge gap not only in quality in our squad but serious numbers too.

Moshiri has probably looked at how Koeman has managed to keep Southampton not only competitive but also improved them despite major player losses. Koeman seems to fit the bill only this time he will have an awful lot more money to be able to get it right.

They have probably looked at who would be the best candidate to be able to deal with a major squad overhaul, which is what I believe will happen this summer.

He has 2 years of prem experience under his belt so you know he can do it in this league.

In my opinion it is a good logical appointment, not the greatest and most exciting, I agree, but one that I think will definitely take us forward, even if it is gradually.

People need to get more of a grip as to where we are as a club at the moment and who we can get.

We have finished 11th in consecutive seasons now and are, at best at the moment, a mid table club, but not far off where we want to be as a minimum which is finishing in the European places, starting a fresh with a calm head like Koeman would make sense in my opinion. Then if he is to leave us as long as he has left is in good nick we will be in a well better position for a better manager.

That is my take on it anyway, I wouldn't be against Koeman at all, be content.

Amen.

June 02, 2016, 10:11:22 PM
Reply #71

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
With Koeman I can't see TalkSport or anyone else talking about FOUR top managers in the North West.

Koeman's very well regarded in the media, and if he backs it up with results with us then his star would definitely be on the rise.

I want Emery I must admit, but I'd definitely take Koeman.

You can stick your Sammy Lee up your arse though.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 02, 2016, 10:13:47 PM
Reply #72

School of Science

Okay with Koeman if he's the one, though if it is him, hope we are still trying for this Monchi guy as well. With more money and better backing he will definitely be an improvement on Martinez.
Also wouldn't mind him bringing a couple of Saints players with him, Mane, Forster and Van Dijk would do for starters.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

June 02, 2016, 10:17:03 PM
Reply #73

Trublue

At least we'll have our defence sorted for next season.  If he brings his keeper with him, big start.

June 02, 2016, 10:18:27 PM
Reply #74

van der Meyde

I haven't seen anyone say that Koeman would be dreadful for us.

He's just not a manager that inspires much belief that we might finish above 6th.