December 19, 2018, 02:54:13 AM

Poll

As the gaffer

Yes
104 (61.9%)
No
64 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: Koeman  (Read 119498 times)

June 02, 2016, 06:02:21 PM
Read 119498 times

Lxxx

There's definitely some ginger in that hair. It's a no from me.

June 03, 2016, 04:06:59 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

Koeman, De Boer, Emery, Pellegrini.... In terms of experience and trophies won throughout their playing and management career any of them would be a monumental improvement from where we have just come from.

June 03, 2016, 04:45:07 PM
Reply #2

Lxxx

His inability to stick around anywhere for much more than two years doesn't really bode well for long term planning but if he wants to take us back into the top 6 and leave us on a decent footing before taking Wenger's job in a couple of years then that's fine by me.

June 03, 2016, 06:12:59 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

He's hardly running here with open arms is he. Money talks clearly.

June 03, 2016, 10:29:59 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

Remember Ipswich doubled Bobby Robson's salary and that was the end of his interest in us. Southampton can stop it if they want to.
Nah, they can just employ De Boer to replace him on half the salary we're paying Koeman.

June 03, 2016, 11:35:47 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

If it was Chelsea doing this, would it make them look desperate?

Yes.

June 05, 2016, 12:31:19 AM
Reply #6

Lxxx

There will be some fume on here if De Boer replaces him at Southampton and they go on to finish above us.

June 05, 2016, 04:58:39 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

............I'll miss Roberto about as much as I miss ' Davey '.

Bit harsh. Davey left us in a very healthy state compared to where we were when he took over. He deserves respect at least for what he did with us. Roberto not so much.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 04:59:06 PM by Lxxx »

June 06, 2016, 04:33:52 PM
Reply #8

Lxxx

Theres this out there

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/14537358.Why_Ronald_Koeman_will_be__betraying__Saints_more_than_any_other_manager_in_the_club_s_history/?ref=rss

I stopped reading at 'They're nowhere near as an attractive proposition as Saints....' Total bullshit as well as poor grammar.

June 06, 2016, 04:42:02 PM
Reply #9

Lxxx

This is a club with no real history to speak of who were playing in League 1 five years ago. Some people need a reality check.

June 06, 2016, 05:06:02 PM
Reply #10

Lxxx

Can understand why Soton fans are pretty fed up with getting rinsed, in all honesty. They do a lot of good things as a club, have just had their best season in the Prem and their manager has just been taken by a club well below them in the league.

As hill says, it's their owners who need to flex their muscles really, if they want to progress and grow long term, but it must be frustrating as fuck for their fans.

Their owner has more readies than Moshiri. If she wanted to she could have matched the salary on offer and given him some money to spend. The fact she hasn't, or we assume she hasn't, indicates that where the two clubs want to be are in different directions. Hence the move I would imagine.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 05:09:13 PM by Lxxx »

June 06, 2016, 05:20:05 PM
Reply #11

Lxxx

This is a good read if you have the time; also the Monday Night Football video I posted a few pages ago

https://defendingwiththeball.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/ronald-koemans-saints/

Reading that Barkley is in for one hell of a shock with what is expected of him when he don't have the ball. Hopefully it'll be the making of him and we'll see a lot fitter player.

June 06, 2016, 05:35:13 PM
Reply #12

Lxxx

Listen, if we have a stormer next year and Arsenal/Barcelona come knocking at the end of the season and offer him 8m a season he'll be off. It's just the way of the world. He'll move on, we'll move on and everyone will forget about it soon after.

June 06, 2016, 05:56:28 PM
Reply #13

Lxxx

Sounds good for the most part, but the lack of goals on the counter does concern me a little.

I think that's in part due to their centre forward and focal point of the team not being blessed with much pace. If you swapped him for Vincent Janssen for instance then I think you'd see a much more balanced attack. Which is why I'm not displeased to hear the rumours Koeman would like him as Lukaku's replacement, although quite how anyone could know that when he's not even our manager yet...

June 06, 2016, 06:09:29 PM
Reply #14

Lxxx

Haha his approach to fitness really was a joke wasn't it. "no such thing as muscle injuries"

Remember we were all tugging ourselves silly over the fact he had a post-graduate diploma in physiotherapy and all the training was done 'with the ball'.

And then he told us Baines was going to be the new Lahm bossing games from midfield and we all did a collective wank.