October 22, 2018, 07:24:44 AM

Poll

As the gaffer

Yes
104 (61.9%)
No
64 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: Koeman  (Read 114117 times)

June 02, 2016, 11:35:45 PM
Reply #105

Mayor Farnum

Koeman's very well regarded in the media, and if he backs it up with results with us then his star would definitely be on the rise.

I want Emery I must admit, but I'd definitely take Koeman.

You can stick your Sammy Lee up your arse though.

Funnily enough, you probably could without too much discomfort.

June 02, 2016, 11:36:04 PM
Reply #106

kramer0

To an extent, but if the last two seasons have shown anything, it's that it doesn't matter how good the players you've got are if the manager can't get them to perform.

I'm looking at it this way -- we aren't being linked seriously with anyone incompetent (except maybe Mancini). Given a good batch of players, any of Koeman, Emery, Pellegrini, de Boer, or even (gasp) M---- will improve our league position. This gives Monchi time to overhaul the scouting network and the entire recruitment side of the club, which will give us a long-term advantage over most of our rivals.

I think Moshiri is playing the long game here. One managerial appointment plus one summer shopping spree is unlikely to set Everton up for long-term success. He's trying to get the best manager available but I think he knows that it's more important to the future of the club to make sure that everything runs well behind the scenes. An opportunity to make a play for one of the world's finest sporting directors has just fallen into his lap and he'd be a fool not to do everything in his power to bring him here.

Maybe this is just me hoping but none of the noises from Moshiri's corner have suggested any sort of short-termism in his thinking. He must know that bringing in a top sporting director like Monchi will give us a competitive edge for as long as we can keep him at the club (which is probably much longer than the average managerial appointment).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:39:42 PM by kramer0 »

June 02, 2016, 11:40:11 PM
Reply #107

Sixx1402

I'd be happy with most of the front runners (if they are in fact the front runners), my choices would be:

1st: Emery

2nd: Koeman

Joint 3rd: Pellegrini/De Boer

9998th: Moyes

9999th: Me

10000th: Martinez/Mike Walker

10001th: Jon Bon Jovi
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

June 02, 2016, 11:43:38 PM
Reply #108

Redartin

So on the manager merry go round its:

KOEMAN to Everton

His ex agent gets De Boer the Southampton job

Pelligrini returns to Spain to Sevilla because

Emery & Monchi go to Milan.

Martinez and Moyes join forces and form a support group for out of work managers.

June 02, 2016, 11:43:47 PM
Reply #109

van der Meyde

I'm looking at it this way -- we aren't being linked seriously with anyone incompetent (except maybe Mancini). Given a good batch of players, any of Koeman, Emery, Pellegrini, de Boer, or even (gasp) M---- will improve our league position. This gives Monchi time to overhaul the scouting network and the entire recruitment side of the club, which will give us a long-term advantage over most of our rivals.

I think Moshiri is playing the long game here. One managerial appointment plus one summer shopping spree is unlikely to set Everton up for long-term success. He's trying to get the best manager available but I think he knows that it's more important to the future of the club to make sure that everything runs well behind the scenes. An opportunity to make a play for one of the world's finest sporting directors has just fallen into his lap and he'd be a fool not to do everything in his power to bring him here.

Maybe this is just me hoping but none of the noises from Moshiri's corner have suggested any sort of short-termism in his thinking. He must know that bringing in a top sporting director like Monchi will give us a competitive edge for as long as we can keep him at the club.
I was playing devil's advocate rather than disagreeing really! Most of the managers we've been linked with would right the ship, so to speak.

June 02, 2016, 11:44:24 PM
Reply #110

BlueBeagle

I'd be happy with most of the front runners (if they are in fact the front runners), my choices would be:

Genuinely believe Bon Jovi would be a more competent manager than Martinez is

June 02, 2016, 11:46:38 PM
Reply #111

kramer0

I was playing devil's advocate rather than disagreeing really! Most of the managers we've been linked with would right the ship, so to speak.

You made a good point though. Bringing in Monchi and hiring an awful manager would hardly fix our problems.

Fortunately, we don't seem to be talking to any awful managers.

June 02, 2016, 11:49:54 PM
Reply #112

Dr. Sponge

Emery is my preferred choice, but Koeman and a shed load of transfer money would slash our odds of getting top 4, according to SkyBet.

Looks like we're win win at the moment. Let's hope we land one of them.

Can't comment on the Monchi biz because, I won't lie, I'd never heard of him until yesterday.

June 02, 2016, 11:59:46 PM
Reply #113

kramer0

Emery is my preferred choice, but Koeman and a shed load of transfer money would slash our odds of getting top 4, according to SkyBet.

Looks like we're win win at the moment. Let's hope we land one of them.

Can't comment on the Monchi biz because, I won't lie, I'd never heard of him until yesterday.

Read this if you're interested in learning something about Monchi:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/17/sevilla-monchi-liverpool-europa-league-final
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:59:59 PM by kramer0 »

June 03, 2016, 12:03:27 AM
Reply #114

montanatoffeefan

Don't underestimate JBJ. He did wonders managing his eight-year-old daughters team in the Mid Jersey Under 9s League.
Everton forever.

June 03, 2016, 12:14:33 AM
Reply #115

Evertonian in NC

Kramer spreading the Gospel according to Monchi is the best work on NSNO all Spring.  TESTIFY, BROTHER!!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 03, 2016, 12:17:46 AM
Reply #116

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
People saying Koeman has rebuilt Southampton twice. Emery does it every year at Sevilla and still wins the Europa cup.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 03, 2016, 12:22:23 AM
Reply #117

Evertonian in NC

People saying Koeman has rebuilt Southampton twice. Emery does it every year at Sevilla and still wins the Europa cup.

yes, but he turned us down (reportedly).  I still want Pellegrini but can accept this.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 03, 2016, 12:27:24 AM
Reply #118

Thom

Administrator
More reports coming out of the Netherlands that it's pretty much sewn up.

https://twitter.com/Elko_B/status/738404354789642240?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

June 03, 2016, 12:30:21 AM
Reply #119

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Hiring koeman tells our players and potential targets we are aiming for 7th and hoping the cups go to better teams so we squeeze into the Europa cup.

De Boer shows we are rolling the dice and we would be relying on his name as a player.

Signing emery or pellegrini shows our players and targets we have serious intentions on champions league football.

We won't get the tier above that - the mourinhos and someone's of the world. Nobody is daft enough to consider we have a chance of fighting for the league in the next 5 years.