October 23, 2018, 09:25:13 PM

Poll

As the gaffer

Yes
104 (61.9%)
No
64 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: Koeman  (Read 114240 times)

June 03, 2016, 04:11:14 AM
Reply #180

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Really don't want Koeman.

The problem is though, I'm not overly keen on any of the managers we're being realistically linked with.

FDB - Dutch Martinez (apparently)

Emery - untested in the PL

Pelligrini - not sure if he's got the desire (although he's probably best of bad bunch)

Mancini - miserable, boring bastard.

Koeman - boring football, Moyesesque, not really achieved anything in England.

The only manager would be Simeone, and there is no chance of that happening, although I would rather have Simeone with a £100m transfer fund than Koeman with a £150m fund (considering it would cost is around £50m for a 3 or 4 year contract for Simeone)

I'm a proper negative bastard.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 04:13:08 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

June 03, 2016, 04:13:35 AM
Reply #181

Heisenberg

Really don't want Koeman.

The problem is though, I'm not overly keen on any of the managers we're being realistically linked with.

FDB - Dutch Martinez (apparently)

Emery - untested in the PL

Pelligrini - not sure if he's got the desire (although he's probably best of bad bunch)

Mancini - miserable, boring bastard.

Koeman - boring football, Moyesesque, not really achieved anything in England.

The only manager would be Simeone, and there is no chance of that happening, although I would rather have Simeone with a £100m transfer fund than Koeman with a £150m fund (considering it would cost is around £50m for a 3 or 4 year contract for Simeone)

I'm a proper negative bastard.

Pretty fussy for a man who thinks Phil Neville was good at football !

June 03, 2016, 04:14:18 AM
Reply #182

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Pretty fussy for a man who thinks Phil Neville was good at football !

He was decent yes.
But let's not ruin another thread.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 04:15:15 AM by Duncs_a_legend »

June 03, 2016, 04:21:02 AM
Reply #183

robertdrumm1954

Gave you a like for informing - not for him taking Sammy Lee with him

This cunt is a no-no.

June 03, 2016, 04:21:23 AM
Reply #184

GrantyBoy78

Still waiting for someone with credibility to mention the Koeman story. Wouldn't surprise me if this 'news' slows down tomorrow and Emery gets a mention as a 'sure thing'. Proper soap opera now.

June 03, 2016, 04:21:52 AM
Reply #185

kramer0

Can we call him Rappin' Ronnie Koeman?

June 03, 2016, 04:23:22 AM
Reply #186

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Whatever's going to happen needs to happen quick now. The transfer window opens now, and we have no plans etc to spend this so called 100 million.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 03, 2016, 04:23:29 AM
Reply #187

Alex6691

Honestly don't understand why people question Pellegrinis desire just due to his age. Sir Alex was like one hundred and seventy two when he retired but he still had desire?
Pellegrini has regrets over how he's left city and will probably feel he's got something left to prove.

June 03, 2016, 04:24:29 AM
Reply #188

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Honestly don't understand why people question Pellegrinis desire just due to his age. Sir Alex was like one hundred and seventy two when he retired but he still had desire?
Pellegrini has regrets over how he's left city and will probably feel he's got something left to prove.

Didn't he come out recently and say he's considered retirement?

That would suggest he's lacking a bit of desire.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 04:25:39 AM by Duncs_a_legend »

June 03, 2016, 04:27:27 AM
Reply #189

Alex6691

Didn't he come out recently and say he's considered retirement?

That would suggest he's lacking a bit of desire.

Not necessarily mate. He just wants a good offer, a good project and an exciting opportunity. If he didn't have the desire he would just jack it in now. Not like he needs the money is it?

June 03, 2016, 04:32:58 AM
Reply #190

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Not necessarily mate. He just wants a good offer, a good project and an exciting opportunity. If he didn't have the desire he would just jack it in now. Not like he needs the money is it?

He's younger than Ranieri so I don't think it had anything to do with age, he would actually be my first choice out of the realistic candidates, but I think him talking about retirement unless an 'interesting' offer comes his way, just seems like he's winding down in his career.

June 03, 2016, 04:36:33 AM
Reply #191

Alex6691

He's younger than Ranieri so I don't think it had anything to do with age, he would actually be my first choice out of the realistic candidates, but I think him talking about retirement unless an 'interesting' offer comes his way, just seems like he's winding down in his career.

Fair play mate, makes sense there. Could be the case but I still think he would give it his all should we get him. Like I said probably still wants to make up for his mistake of announcing Guardiola too early but either way, I'd much much prefer Pellegrini over Koeman.

June 03, 2016, 04:39:12 AM
Reply #192

church

Apparently..... the esk confirmed to the other Mods on the forum in their private Mod group at 7.34 pm ...... that  it was Koeman with the job.Just taken this from the S'oton forum.

June 03, 2016, 04:47:21 AM
Reply #193

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Back pages
Simply simply lovely

June 03, 2016, 04:51:20 AM
Reply #194

hill135

fucking hell 7 million bones a year is mad.