December 18, 2018, 06:06:57 PM

Poll

As the gaffer

Yes
104 (61.9%)
No
64 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: Koeman  (Read 119457 times)

June 03, 2016, 05:20:14 AM
Reply #210

Bluedylan

Already being moved on to his next club before he's been announced:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/making-everton-top-4-force-8103970

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 03, 2016, 05:21:05 AM
Reply #211

Gash

Global Moderator
Emery must have a great offer somewhere to be able to turn that kind of money down.  :whistle:

Champions League, we're having a laugh, Champions League we're having a laugh...................

Fuck it though, if it's true, lets all get behind him and see what he can do. We had two years of moaning about a manager, there's not much of base to build on like Martinez had so lets see how he gets on before we all turn against him.

KOEMAN IN!!!

Nope, my whelm is slightly under cooked.

June 03, 2016, 05:21:33 AM
Reply #212

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
My mate is a Southampton fan. A couple of weeks ago he posted on FB something about them being in the EL. I posted "what are you going to do when we poach your manager." He replied " I will wake you up from your dream." He's been on their tonight a little less cocky shall we say.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 03, 2016, 05:22:02 AM
Reply #213

christiffa25

Saints forum

"It'll be hilarious if they end up like Villa or QPR. It takes more than big signings to achieve success. It will take them years to get to the same sort of organisation we have behind the scenes"

Hehehehe
And they have the nerve to call us deluded.

Goes to show how far RM dragged us down these last 2 years!!

June 03, 2016, 05:22:53 AM
Reply #214

Gash

Global Moderator
Won't matter when joe hart comes in for 40m....

The best he'll come in with is two bacon cheeseburgers with onions from the Skem brekkie van.

June 03, 2016, 05:23:05 AM
Reply #215

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
This time last year our biggest story was Luke Garbutt signing a new contract, now it's giving a manager 7mil and year with a 165mil transfer kitty.

Decent.

June 03, 2016, 05:23:31 AM
Reply #216

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

I remember a similar thing being said about RM.

(Not comparing the 2, just the media seem to love seeing us as a stepping stone)
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

June 03, 2016, 05:24:07 AM
Reply #217

MmmblueBernard

We will only be a stepping stone if he's successful. And that means kicking on from his 'keeping afloat' performance at Soton.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 03, 2016, 05:24:40 AM
Reply #218

montanatoffeefan

My mate is a Southampton fan. A couple of weeks ago he posted on FB something about them being in the EL. I posted "what are you going to do when we poach your manager." He replied " I will wake you up from your dream." He's been on their tonight a little less cocky shall we say.

Damn, Koeman leaves and his cock shrinks. Sounds like it was more than just Ronald's managerial ability he admired.
Everton forever.

June 03, 2016, 05:25:21 AM
Reply #219

Thornton_19

I'd be happy with Koeman, I think people need to realise that whatever we, as fans, think of our squad and its ability we have finished bottom half two years running. So to play Devils advocate i would argue that if Koeman got us consistently top 6 again he would of taken us up a level.

I kind of feel Koeman is the first part of a 5 year plan, get him to build a good team and make it finish consistently in the top 6, then appoint a manager who will build on top of that.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 05:27:38 AM by Thornton_19 »

June 03, 2016, 05:28:15 AM
Reply #220

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
This time last year our biggest story was Luke Garbutt signing a new contract, now it's giving a manager 7mil and year with a 165mil transfer kitty.

Decent.

Remember in the past on here when we were all dreaming of things like this. Now it's actually fucking happening.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 03, 2016, 05:30:12 AM
Reply #221

kramer0

I think Moshiri's honing in on Koeman is partially down to his Arsenal connection. Paper talk (admittedly unreliable) suggests that Koeman would be one of the favorites to replace Wenger if he left. I think Moshiri knows why Koeman is so highly rated there and is beating his former club to punch.

And that Southampton supporter is sort of right about what happens behind the scenes. This appointment and the money we're about to spend are only worth so much if we don't have a coherent plan.

We should be offering Monchi at least as much as we're offering Koeman. Make it happen, Farhad.

June 03, 2016, 05:33:04 AM
Reply #222

Tinga

If we are willing to give Koeman that much money then I don't think we should be worried as it's clearly there, it's also incredible if we have £100m plus this transfer window. I never thought I'd see us do something like that and was always one of those "Imagine we had that money..." conversations with my friends and family.

Incredible.

June 03, 2016, 05:36:07 AM
Reply #223

Bluedylan

I'm really getting into the idea of Koeman now.

I think the days of getting emotionally attached to managers who stay for 5-10 years are over. We can accept that Koeman might not be here forever and that might bring with a level of detatchment, but if he's able to elevate us significantly in the next 2/3 years and win something, that would be great.

After that, if the time comes for him to leave, we might then be in position to aim for an elite manager to take us to the next level up.

Be nice to get Monchi in for the longterm structure of the club, and then I can't wait for the transfer activity to start properly.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 03, 2016, 05:36:44 AM
Reply #224

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe Lukau's head will turn back?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama