October 23, 2018, 12:01:21 PM

Poll

As the gaffer

Yes
104 (61.9%)
No
64 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: Koeman  (Read 114208 times)

June 04, 2016, 04:43:56 PM
Reply #465

hill135

Can't be assed with this saga dragging on for much longer.

Hopefully it's just Southampton posturing to save face and once permission is granted it will be done quick as we've already hammered out the details without their knowledge.

June 04, 2016, 04:44:26 PM
Reply #466

Cozzie

Still think we will land him (Koeman).

Southampton are bound to want to make things difficult.

June 04, 2016, 04:56:26 PM
Reply #467

stirlingblue

Can they ban him from speaking though?

I'd imagine there's some penalties for him the same way as when players hand in a transfer request but surely you can't stop somebody looking for a new job?

June 04, 2016, 05:09:42 PM
Reply #468

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Surel Southampton are breaching some kind of human rights violation there?

If they're really considering legal action then they've just fucked themselves.

June 04, 2016, 05:34:53 PM
Reply #469

74Blue

Still think we will land him (Koeman).

Southampton are bound to want to make things difficult.
Surely if he's only got 1 year left on his current deal, he can just resign and "buy-out the remaining year" on his contract. That would also be cheaper than the rumoured £3m compensation package that Southampton are alledgedly demanding. He would obviously have to dig into his own pocket to buy out his contract initially. However, once he is out of contract, there is no reason why Everton could not re-imburse his financial loss, by way of a "signing-on fee". If there is an offer of employment there, and he wants to take up that offer, there's always a way to make it happen. There's absolutely fuck all that Southampton can do if he decides to "buy out" his contract.

June 04, 2016, 05:36:23 PM
Reply #470

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Southampton are just posturing to make themselves relevant in all this. If we want him and he wants to come there's not a lot they can do.

June 04, 2016, 05:36:31 PM
Reply #471

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I think Southampton are just trying to drive up the compensation.

And how can Monchi have a rest but not consider paying his own contract off to leave?  I think that's just an attempt to calm things down a bit.

June 04, 2016, 05:38:27 PM
Reply #472

Toddacelli

Not overly taken with Koeman so far. I need to know more about what we would be getting.

There are plenty of posters on here who watch loads of football and are very tactically astute - can you help me please?

I understand he's come into a club that sells its best players and he's had to be clever in the transfer market on a budget. All that is all over the media, I get it. But what about the footballing side?

From assessments of Southampton, how is likely to play?
Will he be able to give Mirallas the rebirth he so desperately needs?

My own take is that Southampton liked to play attractive, passing football (not unlike Martinez) but were quite good at moving the ball forward quickly too (VERY unlike Martinez).

Forget the potentially obscene transfer kitty - if he just had our current squad to work with - what do people think he would do?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 04, 2016, 05:42:37 PM
Reply #473

Cozzie

Surely if he's only got 1 year left on his current deal, he can just resign and "buy-out the remaining year" on his contract. That would also be cheaper than the rumoured £3m compensation package that Southampton are alledgedly demanding. He would obviously have to dig into his own pocket to buy out his contract initially. However, once he is out of contract, there is no reason why Everton could not re-imburse his financial loss, by way of a "signing-on fee". If there is an offer of employment there, and he wants to take up that offer, there's always a way to make it happen. There's absolutely fuck all that Southampton can do if he decides to "buy out" his contract.

Precisely, Saints are just tryna drag this out as long as they possibly can.

It may take a while but we will get him in the end.

June 04, 2016, 05:42:40 PM
Reply #474

Trowel

Another holiday?! 8)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3625078/Everton-set-Ronald-Koeman-new-manager-agreement-Southampton.html

Ronald Koeman has agreed terms with Everton and is expected to be announced as the new manager over the weekend, having been swayed by the amount of transfer budget that will be made available by new owner Farhad Moshiri.

Everton will have to pay up the final year of Koeman’s contract at Southampton, understood to be around £3.5m, but Koeman is keen for the deal to be agreed before he goes on holiday next week.

He intends to start work at Everton the following week.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

June 04, 2016, 05:44:44 PM
Reply #475

hill135

Not overly taken with Koeman so far. I need to know more about what we would be getting.

There are plenty of posters on here who watch loads of football and are very tactically astute - can you help me please?

I understand he's come into a club that sells its best players and he's had to be clever in the transfer market on a budget. All that is all over the media, I get it. But what about the footballing side?

From assessments of Southampton, how is likely to play?
Will he be able to give Mirallas the rebirth he so desperately needs?

My own take is that Southampton liked to play attractive, passing football (not unlike Martinez) but were quite good at moving the ball forward quickly too (VERY unlike Martinez).

Forget the potentially obscene transfer kitty - if he just had our current squad to work with - what do people think he would do?

This is a good read if you have the time; also the Monday Night Football video I posted a few pages ago

https://defendingwiththeball.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/ronald-koemans-saints/

June 04, 2016, 05:46:24 PM
Reply #476

Alanvideo

Another holiday?! 8)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3625078/Everton-set-Ronald-Koeman-new-manager-agreement-Southampton.html

Everton will have to pay up the final year of Koeman’s contract at Southampton, understood to be around £3.5m, but Koeman is keen for the deal to be agreed before he goes on holiday next week.

He intends to start work at Everton the following week.
....................he is one lazy bastard. Koeman out  lolol
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 04, 2016, 06:05:17 PM
Reply #477

The Analog Kid

....................he is one lazy bastard. Koeman out  lolol

The Dutch are renowned for being laid back like.

June 04, 2016, 06:11:04 PM
Reply #478

Dr. Sponge

Edit: I know it's not actually Duncan Ferguson.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 06:11:44 PM by Dr. Sponge »

June 04, 2016, 06:28:05 PM
Reply #479

Cozzie

So has it actually happened then?