October 22, 2018, 10:19:24 PM

Poll

As the gaffer

Yes
104 (61.9%)
No
64 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: Koeman  (Read 114161 times)

June 04, 2016, 07:56:55 PM
Reply #495

74Blue

Let's keep Graham Jones.
Let's not!

June 04, 2016, 08:01:06 PM
Reply #496

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Haha a bit of a meltdown going on the Saints forum.

Sorry Saints fans. You challenged us to a dick-swinging contest but, I'm sorry to say, our man Fahrad is hung like Rico Strong and he's just poked Les Reed's nose out of joint.

It's indicative of what we haven't been doing for years though.

Obviously the last two years have been poor regardless but whether or not we thought that 5-7th was good for our current finances we should have always been pushing our historical place in the game.

We've focussed on being run by a local fan, instead of pushing the angle that we we the last big club to be owned by one.

June 04, 2016, 08:06:27 PM
Reply #497

sirblue57

saintsweb.co.uk?. Currently on page 45, looking forward to this.  lolol
[/quot

Link?
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

June 04, 2016, 08:07:27 PM
Reply #498

Cozzie

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 08:08:16 PM by Cozzie »

June 04, 2016, 08:13:39 PM
Reply #499

bacon sarnie

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?5-The-Saints

Interesting....

"I would be sad if Koeman left, but mainly for the reason that he seemed to be a man of his word, a person of integrity. If he did leave for a club like Everton who are below us, then it could only be that he has ditched any principles he seemed to have had for naked personal greed. I would have thought that his personal ambitions would have been served better with us in Europe, after which he could go to one of the top European clubs. If he is using the Everton job as leverage to get a higher wages deal with us, then fair enough, up to a point.

I'm not that concerned about us being unable to find a replacement who is as good or better than Koeman. I have the utmost confidence in Reed and the board and their ability to choose the right candidate. I am grateful that Koeman has brought us success these past two seasons and I think that he could raise us still higher next season, but equally the calibre of manager we could now attract should be capable of that too. We are a very good proposition for an incoming ambitious manager and have furthered the careers of Koeman's predecessors. If his successor wishes to use us as a stepping stone to greater things, that can only happen if they raise the bar above what he achieved."

Had some great players over the years The Saints but never won a fuckin light. No wonder the fans are pissed....

June 04, 2016, 08:18:36 PM
Reply #500

Everton Mint

Cant blame RK for leaving Soton for us... they are the ultimate selling club and he wouldnt take them any further.

They did quite well in the league but wont do anything in Europe (or if they did it would fuck up their PL campaign.) They went out early in the Europa last season and what is the point in qualifying only to bale out for the sake of the league ?

Welcome to EFC, Ronald, great decision to move on to the better Club.

June 04, 2016, 08:21:34 PM
Reply #501

Cozzie

Some absolute weapons on their forum.

From NICEANDFRIENDLY, yeah he seems it.

"One thing's for sure, it'll be ****ing hilarious watching Everton struggle again next season as we're off on our European tour.

Good riddance Ronald, you snake."

I can't believe Southampton fans are basing themselves as a big club based on the last TWO seasons.

Granted I will give it to them they are better than us at the moment, but the reason we finished 11th 2 years in a row was largely down to the man we had in charge.

The reason they finished above us was largely down to the man they had in charge, who we have just poached.

Why can't they see that?

Strange sense of entitlement from them at the minute, but I can expect it as they must be pissed losing their players and manager all the time.

June 04, 2016, 08:21:44 PM
Reply #502

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Love the fact that one Saints fan posted about our new youngster signing as a swipe saying 'welcome to the big time Ron.' What a dickhead
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 04, 2016, 08:23:14 PM
Reply #503

kramer0

Bizarrely, I think it would be worthwhile to pay Monchi's release clause, sign him to a contract that starts in 2017-18, and give him the year off he wants.

Swerve Overmars.

June 04, 2016, 08:23:54 PM
Reply #504

Everton Mint

'Fraser Forster could follow Ronald Koeman out of St Mary’s and sign for Everton this summer...'

Getting a bit ahead of ourselves, but what a great start that would be - talk about building from a solid foundation. :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 08:24:27 PM by Everton Mint »

June 04, 2016, 08:25:44 PM
Reply #505

Shogun

Administrator
Wouldnt be against going big bucks for Forster.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 04, 2016, 08:26:16 PM
Reply #506

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I really do hate talk of 'who's the bigger club' and all that bollocks. Southampton have been the better and more consistent team over the last two seasons, but we're both at square one until the new season starts.

While I can understand Southampton fans being pissed that he's leaving, they can hardly claim he's leaving for a smaller club.

You could argue that he's leaving for a larger pay packet, however he's also leaving a club that's got bigger ambitions and that probably excites him just as much.

While we used to operate a sell to buy policy, it's clearly not like that anymore and Koeman can now implement a three year plan rather than operating season-to-season, not knowing who the club will keep or sell that summer.

June 04, 2016, 08:27:52 PM
Reply #507

hill135

He's good like but he's just signed a new six year extension.

Goalkeepers abroad will be a lot cheaper.

June 04, 2016, 08:28:43 PM
Reply #508

Cozzie

'Fraser Forster could follow Ronald Koeman out of St Mary’s and sign for Everton this summer...'

Getting a bit ahead of ourselves, but what a great start that would be - talk about building from a solid foundation. :)

I'd love it if, when he came here, his first bit of transfer business was Forster and VVD.

Just to further stick the knife into those deluded Southampton lot, really gone off their fans lately, used to not mind them either.

June 04, 2016, 08:31:43 PM
Reply #509

Macca77

1/16 now, so glad i got on at 1/10 ;)