October 23, 2018, 08:30:42 PM

Poll

As the gaffer

Yes
104 (61.9%)
No
64 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: Koeman  (Read 114237 times)

June 05, 2016, 09:44:18 PM
Reply #690

christiffa25

We have better players than when Moyes left.

Well to be honest that's the least he could do after spending multi millions and making us shit from what was a good set of players he took over in the first place.

3 cheers for bobby!

June 05, 2016, 10:27:36 PM
Reply #691

sirblue57

Fucking calm down mate.

Engage the brain before you smash the keyboard to bits.

I'll explain.

Moyes left an ageing squad with not a lot of sell on value. From the squad he left only the likes of Coleman, Baines and Felliani could've commanded a good transfer fee.

Look at what Martinez left. Lukaku, stones, and Barkley can all command massive transfer fees.

Moyes left a strike force of Jelavic and Anichebe. Martinez leaves Lukaku.

Moyes left a midfield of Gibson, Osman and Felliani. Martinez leaves McCarthy, Barry, Cleverley and Besic.

Moyes left us with one winger. Martinez leaves us with Mirallas, del and Lennon.

We are better all across the park than when Moyes left us.

Then you take into account the glut of talented youngsters we have on the verge of breaking through. Again, this has a lot to do with Martinez and the importance he placed on youth and his determination to create a path towards the first team for the young lads.

I'm not talking about the overall jobs they done here. Im talking about what they left behind.

Try it yourself.  Stones,miraless and barkley were already here. Delafeou and Lennon I agree. Still think he did less with better resources.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

June 05, 2016, 10:40:49 PM
Reply #692

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I'd say our squad has more depth now, but less quality than when Moyes left.

Keeper: We've haven't got a proper one now.
Defence: We've lost Distin, Baines may be on the decline (debatable), Coleman's regressed, Jags is old, and Stones has been mismanaged to a degree Moyes couldn't have managed if he tried, let's hope the next manager can get him back on track if he doesn't decide to fuck off. We've brought in Mori who is a useless pile of wank. I can't emphasize this enough: Martinez took one of the best defences in club football and made it an absolute laughing stock.
Midfield: we've lost Fellaini, Pienaar and Osman haven't been adequately replaced. Besic and Cleverly are mid-table standard, Barry was a good signing but probably needs replacing in a year. Del and Lennon have both been decent though neither as good as a properly handled Mirallas could've been. The only bright spot is a couple of youngsters coming through but I'm reluctant to place too much hope on 90 minutes against a relegated Norwich, and it took Martinez being sacked anyway for them to get a start.
Attack: we've got Lukaku, but probably only for a couple more weeks. After that it's Niasse and Kone. Both considerably more shite than Naismith but for some reason we sold him.

As I say, more depth but less quality. You look at the squad Martinez inherited and we had every chance of pushing for top 4, which we did.

You look at our squad now and top 4 seems fucking miles off.

June 05, 2016, 10:43:51 PM
Reply #693

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Twitter talk about Koeman being done and Sky being outside Goodison for what it's worth.

June 05, 2016, 10:53:51 PM
Reply #694

Tinga

Twitter talk about Koeman being done and Sky being outside Goodison for what it's worth.

Not seeing anything about it but I hope you're right.

June 05, 2016, 10:57:27 PM
Reply #695

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Well to be honest that's the least he could do after spending multi millions and making us shit from what was a good set of players he took over in the first place.

3 cheers for bobby!

The point was that he left us in a better position player wise.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 05, 2016, 11:04:40 PM
Reply #696

cantoffee

Have to say I disagree that we are in a better place.

If people are saying they hope Koeman comes in and establishes us as a top 6 side for the next manager then we are not in a better place.

We were comfortably a top 7 side when Martinez took over so we have clearly regressed.

I agree in some areas we are in a better place and can push on, but overall we are essentially looking to return to where we were when Martinez took over.

June 05, 2016, 11:08:50 PM
Reply #697

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Have to say I disagree that we are in a better place.

If people are saying they hope Koeman comes in and establishes us as a top 6 side for the next manager then we are not in a better place.

We were comfortably a top 7 side when Martinez took over so we have clearly regressed.

I agree in some areas we are in a better place and can push on, but overall we are essentially looking to return to where we were when Martinez took over.

Martinez caused us to regress with his footballing philosophy which clearly the players didn't buy into and eventually gave up on.

But we have a good foundation to move on and grow now. Martinez wasn't 100% bad, he did a lot of good things too.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 05, 2016, 11:15:32 PM
Reply #698

Simon Paul

Administrator

get down and check lid

June 05, 2016, 11:21:27 PM
Reply #699

christiffa25

Martinez caused us to regress with his footballing philosophy which clearly the players didn't buy into and eventually gave up on.

But we have a good foundation to move on and grow now. Martinez wasn't 100% bad, he did a lot of good things too.

No he didn't really.

He pulled a stunner who had her beer goggles on. He bought her a couple of cracking drinks and a few shit ones. And then didn't know how to fuck her!

June 05, 2016, 11:23:24 PM
Reply #700

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
No he didn't really.

He pulled a stunner who had her beer goggles on. He bought her a couple of cracking drinks and a few shit ones. And then didn't know how to fuck her!

Well, whatever our opinions are, it doesn't really matter. What matters now is pushing on and hopefully Mr Koeman will do a fantastic job.

I feel that he has the best traits of Moyes and Martinez and has the firm foundation of defence with the positive attributes of attack.

June 05, 2016, 11:24:37 PM
Reply #701

Simon Paul

Administrator
Not seeing anything about it but I hope you're right.

too many tweets posting people's names and addresses out to see anything about Koeman like

June 05, 2016, 11:26:48 PM
Reply #702

ally2

Let's have a Moyes vs Martinez debate.

June 05, 2016, 11:27:14 PM
Reply #703

christiffa25

Well, whatever our opinions are, it doesn't really matter. What matters now is pushing on and hopefully Mr Koeman will do a fantastic job.

I feel that he has the best traits of Moyes and Martinez and has the firm foundation of defence with the positive attributes of attack.

I hope your right mate. If that's the case and he is a mix of the 2 then we would have a dam fine manager on our hands.

June 05, 2016, 11:27:15 PM
Reply #704

Tinga

too many tweets posting people's names and addresses out to see anything about Koeman like

Yeah, loads of Brazilians.