December 12, 2018, 10:06:24 PM

Poll

As the gaffer

Yes
104 (61.9%)
No
64 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: Koeman  (Read 119020 times)

June 06, 2016, 12:08:32 AM
Reply #720

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-consider-scott-dann-transfer-11430156

Ffs

Speculation, I doubt Koeman has any solid transfer targets as yet. He's busy securing his future.

As for Stones, he would be mad to leave given that a former world class defender is on his way in to coach the team. If there's anyone who can undo Martinez's influence on Stones, it's Koeman.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 06, 2016, 12:08:45 AM
Reply #721

The Analog Kid

Let's have a Moyes vs Martinez debate.

Nah, they're both dead to us, aren't they?

June 06, 2016, 12:09:17 AM
Reply #722

kramer0

June 06, 2016, 12:12:07 AM
Reply #723

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Speculation, I doubt Koeman has any solid transfer targets as yet. He's busy securing his future.

As for Stones, he would be mad to leave given that a former world class defender is on his way in to coach the team. If there's anyone who can undo Martinez's influence on Stones, it's Koeman.

Can't think of anyone better for Stones to learn from than Koeman

June 06, 2016, 12:12:11 AM
Reply #724

arteta4spain

nothing will be revealed on a sunday, business trading has to close by 4pm by uk law

I was thinking this today funnily enough!

June 06, 2016, 12:20:05 AM
Reply #725

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

June 06, 2016, 12:55:30 AM
Reply #726

Rhys

I agree it could help in his decision and would be good for him.

But if he has the chance to go and play for mourinho who sets up the teams in an unbelievable shape and helped players like John Terry reach world class levels or play for guardiola where the defenders spend more time in the opposition half playing football than they do defending than as good a role model koeman would be it wouldn't necessarily have the same sway it could.

Aside from the money and opportunities in the now if he joins either of those 2, they are arguably the 2 best managers in the world which would be a massive pull for him.

June 06, 2016, 01:02:23 AM
Reply #727

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I agree it could help in his decision and would be good for him.

But if he has the chance to go and play for mourinho who sets up the teams in an unbelievable shape and helped players like John Terry reach world class levels or play for guardiola where the defenders spend more time in the opposition half playing football than they do defending than as good a role model koeman would be it wouldn't necessarily have the same sway it could.

Aside from the money and opportunities in the now if he joins either of those 2, they are arguably the 2 best managers in the world which would be a massive pull for him.

Be interesting to see if Guardiola can pull that off in the Prem.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 06, 2016, 01:25:29 AM
Reply #728

Thomas

What a completely boring appointment this is going to be. Mediocre even. It Reminds me of when we appointed Walter Smith because he had won a mediocre league like the Dutch league. Koeman at Southampton is basically Moyes when he was with us  isn't he - he's made Southampton into the plucky old Everton we used to be.

I would of bought a season ticket if we had got Emery, might not bother now. I wanted a manager who could take us into Europe having won a European trophy.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:25:54 AM by Thomas »

June 06, 2016, 01:27:48 AM
Reply #729

The Analog Kid

What a completely boring appointment this is going to be. Mediocre even. It Reminds me of when we appointed Walter Smith because he had won a mediocre league like the Dutch league. Koeman at Southampton is basically Moyes when he was with us  isn't he - he's made Southampton into the plucky old Everton we used to be.

I would of bought a season ticket if we had got Emery, might not bother now. I wanted a manager who could take us into Europe having won a European trophy.

This coming from a man that wanted Leigh Griffiths as a striker.

June 06, 2016, 01:30:09 AM
Reply #730

Thomas

This coming from a man that wanted Leigh Griffiths as a striker.

Seen in Celtic terms with a celtic fans eye, yes. I was sentimental.  Seen in general terms, no. Not good enough.

But keeping to the issue of who would be a good manager, Koeman is basically a rehash of Walter Smith and David Moyes isn't he? Failed at Valencia and the winner of a mediocre league and has made a team into a plucky little outfit without winning anything, sound familiar?

June 06, 2016, 01:32:11 AM
Reply #731

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Not at all like moyes

For a start he has beaten top sides,home and away

This post is exactly the same as the one you did about four days ago

Comparing koeman to Smith is fucking ridiculous

Whoever comes in will need to rebuild, give a man who has Rebuilt twice a chance
Simply simply lovely

June 06, 2016, 01:32:54 AM
Reply #732

Bluedylan

He beat a number of the top teams, including battering Arsenal, so he's nothing like Moyes.

6th with Soton is a greater achievement than 6th with Everton in the Moyes years. Then it was the top 4 cut off from everyone, behind that us/Villa/Spurs/RS, and the rest of the league was appalling. So finishing 5th to 8th was normal. Getting Southampton to 7th and 6th in a much more competitive, fluctuating league is better achievement than Moyes' (apart from when he got us CL).
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 06, 2016, 01:34:17 AM
Reply #733

Thomas

Not at all like moyes

For a start he has beaten top sides,home and away

This post is exactly the same as the one you did about four days ago

Comparing koeman to Smith is fucking ridiculous

Whoever comes in will need to rebuild, give a man who has Rebuilt twice a chance

Why is it ridiculous? Smith had respect for winning mediocre leagues. Koeman has respect for the same reason.

He failed at a big job at Valencia and ditched and fell out with big players. He then found his level like Moyes did, again developing them,like Moyes did here, with Southampton by making them a plucky little team. How well did they do in domestic cups?

June 06, 2016, 01:35:06 AM
Reply #734

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Koeman is a winner. Emery is very much an unknown. He can't even speak English.

With Koeman, we are getting a blend between the good bits of Moyes and the good bits of Martinez. Look at Southampton's goals for and against column for last season for example. Scored as many as us (joint 6th highest scorers), and had the joint 3rd best defence in the league.

He will bring discipline back to the club, as well as being a big name in football.

He is not Moyes, clearly his goals for columns say that. He's not Martinez either as he knows how to set up a defence.

The more I think about it, and analyse who he is, the more I am convinced this is the perfect appointment for where we are right now, and for the future.

I'm very excited for next season if this comes off.