December 15, 2018, 03:14:40 AM

Poll

As the gaffer

Yes
104 (61.9%)
No
64 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: Koeman  (Read 119177 times)

June 06, 2016, 01:35:30 AM
Reply #735

Thomas

He beat a number of the top teams, including battering Arsenal, so he's nothing like Moyes.

6th with Soton is a greater achievement than 6th with Everton in the Moyes years. Then it was the top 4 cut off from everyone, behind that us/Villa/Spurs/RS, and the rest of the league was appalling. So finishing 5th to 8th was normal. Getting Southampton to 7th and 6th in a much more competitive, fluctuating league is better achievement than Moyes' (apart from when he got us CL).

Fair enough, i just expected with a new chairman and new budge we could of made a huge statement and got the winner of 3 straight EL's. Instead we have a safe choice. Boring.

June 06, 2016, 01:35:30 AM
Reply #736

Trowel

But keeping to the issue of who would be a good manager, Koeman is basically a rehash of Walter Smith and David Moyes isn't he? Failed at Valencia and the winner of a mediocre league and has made a team into a plucky little outfit without winning anything, sound familiar?
Sound familiar? Yes - it sounds like the same boring drum you've been banging for the last month, writing him off before he's even signed FFS.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

June 06, 2016, 01:35:44 AM
Reply #737

Bluedylan

Why is it ridiculous? Smith had respect for winning mediocre leagues. Koeman has respect for the same reason.

He failed at a big job at Valencia and ditched and fell out with big players. He then found his level like Moyes did, again developing them,like Moyes did here, with Southampton by making them a plucky little team. How well did they do in domestic cups?

Everyone fails at Valencia mate. They expect to be winning or challenging for the league, when they don't have the players, the infrastructure or the finances to be anywhere near winning the league.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 06, 2016, 01:36:04 AM
Reply #738

Shogun

Administrator
The Koeman and Moyes comparison is somewhat short sighted. Just because Koeman has finished in the top 7 for two consecutive years with an unfashionable club doesn't mean he's anything like Moyes who showed over the course of about a decade that he couldn't take Everton any further than that.

Besides, Koeman already has wins away to Chelsea, Man United and Arsenal under his belt. :)
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 06, 2016, 01:37:44 AM
Reply #739

hill135

they are both ginger to be fair.

June 06, 2016, 01:37:47 AM
Reply #740

Thomas

Sound familiar? Yes - it sounds like the same boring drum you've been banging for the last month, writing him off before he's even signed FFS.

I think its boring your going the status quo, and even worse you being incorrect because I've hardly been on here the last month.

June 06, 2016, 01:39:21 AM
Reply #741

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Fair enough, i just expected with a new chairman and new budge we could of made a huge statement and got the winner of 3 straight EL's. Instead we have a safe choice. Boring.

Would Emery be a huge statement though?

Whose name in world football is better known?

Who used to be a world class player and a winner throughout his entire career?

Who has experience in more than one league and country?

Who can actually speak English?

I'd have Pellegrini ahead of Emery even. He's a totally unknown quantity outside of Seville.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 06, 2016, 01:39:23 AM
Reply #742

robertdrumm1954

At the end of day lads Koeman is not the Everton manager so it's all ballix.

June 06, 2016, 01:39:55 AM
Reply #743

Thomas

The Koeman and Moyes comparison is somewhat short sighted. Just because Koeman has finished in the top 7 for two consecutive years with an unfashionable club doesn't mean he's anything like Moyes who showed over the course of about a decade that he couldn't take Everton any further than that.

Besides, Koeman already has wins away to Chelsea, Man United and Arsenal under his belt. :)

How is it when what i am saying is complete clear fact, that many of you cannot see it?

Moyes - Turns teams into plucky mid table also rans.
Koeman - fails in a big job (although i grant Ajax comes with pressure),wins mediocre leagues and developed 'plucky' Southampton.
= Clear paralells

Walter Smith - Got the job based on winning a mediocre league with Rangers.
Koeman - Won mediocre leagues, failed at Valencia when the standard was higher.

June 06, 2016, 01:41:20 AM
Reply #744

toffee_scot

I sincerely doubt that Koeman would employ the 'glass-ceiling knives-to-gunfights' mentality that Moyes did.

Not only is he a step up from Martinez, but he should be a step up from Moyes too.

June 06, 2016, 01:44:45 AM
Reply #745

Thomas

To be fair in comparison to having to put up with the 'unveiling' of Brendan Rogers or Ronnie Deila at Celtic, I'd accept Koeman a lot more easily.

June 06, 2016, 01:46:34 AM
Reply #746

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, but Brenda will easily win you the title in Scotland. In my step sons pet hamster could do that.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 06, 2016, 01:49:52 AM
Reply #747

The Analog Kid

Seen in Celtic terms with a celtic fans eye, yes. I was sentimental.  Seen in general terms, no. Not good enough.

But keeping to the issue of who would be a good manager, Koeman is basically a rehash of Walter Smith and David Moyes isn't he? Failed at Valencia and the winner of a mediocre league and has made a team into a plucky little outfit without winning anything, sound familiar?

No good being sentimental, otherwise the likes of Bily would have stayed. To tar Koeman with the same brush as Smith is unreal, one league he managed in, the same league Griffiths did well in.. A fuckin' Sunday one.

Koeman ain't as bad as some are making out.

June 06, 2016, 01:50:12 AM
Reply #748

plowman2

Really hope we dont end up kicking ourselves if Pellegrini goes to Soton and they get to the CL.
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

June 06, 2016, 01:53:36 AM
Reply #749

Thomas

Yeah, but Brenda will easily win you the title in Scotland. In my step sons pet hamster could do that.

Celtic fans demand the treble + progress in the CL