December 13, 2018, 12:29:37 PM

Poll

As the gaffer

Yes
104 (61.9%)
No
64 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: Koeman  (Read 119062 times)

June 06, 2016, 03:41:56 PM
Reply #795

Ross

It will take a bit of time because we will have a huge turnover of players and staff this summer. Probably our biggest turnover ever. It may click from day one and be all great, but chances are it will take time to bed down, especially as the Euros are an unwelcome nuisance this summer which will make pre season harder than normal. Hopefully any new players we do get have their countries knocked out early so we can get them in and playing together.

But anyway, we can certainly chase the CL places, maybe get a good cup run down too, but I think it will be the season after we'll be over the bulk of the transitioning.

But we'll see. I'm certainly happy with Koeman if he's the man, and the caliber of manager we've been linked with this time is clearly better.

But if he's never coached, used or relied upon any of these squad players we're shedding how can it be a problem if he's being given 100m to replace them?

Also the idea of the staff needing time to settle, how's this work when clubs change managers mid season and then get a sudden improvement? Look at the shite for instance they replaced Rodgers with Klopp mid season and then the team got to two finals playing a different style althogther than what it was used to. Klopp and Koemans salary is the same so surely we should be able to expect a huge up surge next season given the advantage Koeman will have with a preseason and transfer window and the fact this squad should have been challenging supposedly?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 06, 2016, 03:42:17 PM
Reply #796

Rodenplav64

He's won 8 trophies as manager. 3 league titles and 5 cups

I was thinking Prem . Many discounted winning the Dutch title in the De Boer argument . Ajax , AZ and Valencia weren't great but like I say there is enough reason for caution . I don't mind him but he has had enough poor runs as a Manager so lets hope he gets off to flyer .

June 06, 2016, 03:43:09 PM
Reply #797

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I think people need to start to realise our squad wasn't "the best in 30 years" and that the players aren't going enough to be challenging for champs league/the league.

It may just be that we bought into the utter drivel spouted by the manager.
Now, after he has failed miserably (and he did Ross), in the cold light of day you can look at the squad and think maybe he was bragging everybody (and maybe helped his downfall).
No keeper. An injured/way past his best left back with no cover. No left flank at all in fact. A kid failing to live up to his potential. A handful of right wingers that wouldn't make the starting 11 for the top 6.

We have a right back that can only play in 1 system. A decent heart of a defence. 2 old man in the middle (1 we see 1 we don't) and 2 lads who have gaping holes in their game.

1 world class striker.

June 06, 2016, 03:44:50 PM
Reply #798

Macca77

June 06, 2016, 03:45:05 PM
Reply #799

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I was thinking Prem . Many discounted winning the Dutch title in the De Boer argument . Ajax , AZ and Valencia weren't great but like I say there is enough reason for caution . I don't mind him but he has had enough poor runs as a Manager so lets hope he gets off to flyer .
With any manager there's reason for caution. That's the risk you take

For me, moshiri appears to have made him first choice and appears to have got him

That's a good start, let's hope it works
Simply simply lovely

June 06, 2016, 03:45:11 PM
Reply #800

stirlingblue

Southampton conceded 41 goals to our 55 last season.

If nothing else, I'll be glad to see us improve defensively after the last two years.

June 06, 2016, 03:52:29 PM
Reply #801

The Analog Kid

For me, moshiri appears to have made him first choice and appears to have got him

Yep. Look at Mourinho's second stint at Chelsea, ended fairly suddenly and bitterly. I still think him and Guardiola have a lot to do at their clubs over the coming years.

June 06, 2016, 03:59:59 PM
Reply #802

sam of the south

1)He needs to either get Lukaku to shut up and stay, or get a great fee for him and replace him with two very good forwards.

2)Also of huge importance is getting the players super-fit, well-drilled in the art of pressing, defending as a team, and attacking and defending at set-piece situations.

3)He needs to be ambitious in the transfer market, identify his targets early, and allow our (probable) DOF to do his stuff.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 06, 2016, 04:01:48 PM
Reply #803

Macca77

This is spot on, reports suggest he was Moshiri's number 1 target from the off and he basically wouldn't take no for an answer.

This bodes well for us, he knows what he wants and goes out and gets it.

June 06, 2016, 04:03:26 PM
Reply #804

The Analog Kid

I can imagine Moshiri casually transferring 5 million from his bank on his mobile, whilst sat in Costa just off Regent Street

June 06, 2016, 04:13:11 PM
Reply #805

Fynci

I can imagine Moshiri casually transferring 5 million from his bank on his mobile, whilst sat in Costa just off Regent Street

Most liked comment of the week. I'm calling it.

June 06, 2016, 04:14:54 PM
Reply #806

The Analog Kid

Not if @Shogun has his way!

June 06, 2016, 04:14:59 PM
Reply #807

TrevorSteven

That's the most optimistic piece I've seen regarding us getting Koeman, and that he'll do well at Everton. Bless their bitter little hearts.

Link?

June 06, 2016, 04:26:59 PM
Reply #808

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

It will be criminal if I don't get most liked post for my 'The Koeman Show' comment

but I did like this!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 06, 2016, 04:29:50 PM
Reply #809

ally2

I think it will be a difficult start though. Players coming back late and then everyone having to get fit and adapt to his ideas will be hard work for everyone. Hope he gets us doing double training sessions!