October 21, 2018, 10:11:23 PM

Poll

As the gaffer

Yes
104 (61.9%)
No
64 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: Koeman  (Read 114093 times)

June 06, 2016, 05:34:33 PM
Reply #840

MmmblueBernard

Well, if the utter meltdown of the Southampton forums is anything to go by then we've landed ourselves a good un.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 06, 2016, 05:35:13 PM
Reply #841

Lxxx

Listen, if we have a stormer next year and Arsenal/Barcelona come knocking at the end of the season and offer him 8m a season he'll be off. It's just the way of the world. He'll move on, we'll move on and everyone will forget about it soon after.

June 06, 2016, 05:40:04 PM
Reply #842

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Vinny outside the parkend

Nearly done, Announcement probably tomoz
Simply simply lovely

June 06, 2016, 05:42:27 PM
Reply #843

ally2

Reading that Barkley is in for one hell of a shock with what is expected of him when he don't have the ball. Hopefully it'll be the making of him and we'll see a lot fitter player.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I fear for Ross if he can't keep up with these ideas. But if he does then we will have a great player.

June 06, 2016, 05:47:37 PM
Reply #844

sam of the south

I'm getting cold feet about getting this former world-class player, who gets his teams fit, organised, playing with energy, and into the European qualification places.

What we really need is a manager who was an average player, who views fitness, tempo, pressing, and set pieces as unimportant distractions to the philosophy of keeping the ball, and flirts with relegation but might win us a cup.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 06:05:28 PM by sam of the south »
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 06, 2016, 05:48:05 PM
Reply #845

di_guyo

This is a good read if you have the time; also the Monday Night Football video I posted a few pages ago

https://defendingwiththeball.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/ronald-koemans-saints/

Sounds good for the most part, but the lack of goals on the counter does concern me a little.
Everton & Atleti

June 06, 2016, 05:48:39 PM
Reply #846

Ross

Vinny outside the parkend

Nearly done, Announcement probably tomoz

Not going to get much publicity if Ibrahimovic is unveiled as a Utd player tomorrow as expected.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 06, 2016, 05:51:35 PM
Reply #847

Gary1878

Listen, if we have a stormer next year and Arsenal/Barcelona come knocking at the end of the season and offer him 8m a season he'll be off. It's just the way of the world. He'll move on, we'll move on and everyone will forget about it soon after.

The difference is that a stormer for us is Champions League football, which is good for Everton and for him. Whereas a stormer for Southampton is Europa league football, which is an achievement for a club of their size, but financially not that rewarding and still doesn't attract the top calibre of player that is required to challenge for the title and higher honours.

I think the difference between the teams finishing 10th and 4th has narrowed considerably over the past few years, and it will only take a couple of changes tactically with the right coaching to completely alter our position. Combine that with the right choice of quality additions to the squad and you should have a winning formula.

June 06, 2016, 05:51:50 PM
Reply #848

hill135

I'm getting cold feet about getting this former world-class player, who gets his teams, fit, organised, playing with energy, and into the European qualification places.

What we really need is a manager who was an average player, who views fitness, tempo, pressing, and set pieces as unimportant distractions to the philosophy of keeping the ball, and flirts with relegation but might win us a cup.

Haha his approach to fitness really was a joke wasn't it. "no such thing as muscle injuries"

Remember we were all tugging ourselves silly over the fact he had a post-graduate diploma in physiotherapy and all the training was done 'with the ball'.

June 06, 2016, 05:52:03 PM
Reply #849

bigl1cks

Sounds good for the most part, but the lack of goals on the counter does concern me a little.

They scored the same number of goals as us.
anything but long ball!

June 06, 2016, 05:56:28 PM
Reply #850

Lxxx

I think that's in part due to their centre forward and focal point of the team not being blessed with much pace. If you swapped him for Vincent Janssen for instance then I think you'd see a much more balanced attack. Which is why I'm not displeased to hear the rumours Koeman would like him as Lukaku's replacement, although quite how anyone could know that when he's not even our manager yet...

June 06, 2016, 06:00:33 PM
Reply #851

di_guyo

I think that's in part due to their centre forward and focal point of the team not being blessed with much pace. If you swapped him for Vincent Janssen for instance then I think you'd see a much more balanced attack. Which is why I'm not displeased to hear the rumours Koeman would like him as Lukaku's replacement, although quite how anyone could know that when he's not even our manager yet...

Hopefully. Some of the best football we've played has been on the counter, would hate to lose that. We have some really good players for that type of football
Everton & Atleti

June 06, 2016, 06:04:07 PM
Reply #852

sam of the south

Haha his approach to fitness really was a joke wasn't it. "no such thing as muscle injuries"

Remember we were all tugging ourselves silly over the fact he had a post-graduate diploma in physiotherapy and all the training was done 'with the ball'.

We were; it was a mass working-class circle-jerk of hysterical proportians.

Couldn't blame us though; he spoke so well, and most of us were sick to the back teeth of defending deep and valiantly, with a manager whose chief instruction when our full-back recieved the ball in defence was "HIT CAHILL!"
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 06, 2016, 06:09:12 PM
Reply #853

hill135

We were; it was a mass working-class circle-jerk of hysterical proportians.

Couldn't blame us though; he spoke so well, and most of us were sick to the back teeth of defending deep and valiantly, with a manager whose chief instruction when our full-back recieved the ball in defence was "HIT CAHILL!"

We fell for it.

Hopefully this time we have the best of both worlds - pragmatism and panache.

June 06, 2016, 06:09:29 PM
Reply #854

Lxxx

And then he told us Baines was going to be the new Lahm bossing games from midfield and we all did a collective wank.