October 17, 2018, 11:59:10 AM

Poll

As the gaffer

Yes
104 (61.9%)
No
64 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: Koeman  (Read 113742 times)

June 13, 2016, 05:05:47 PM
Reply #1350

Danny

People who want to sit and write that much about things like this are either bitter, paid for it or just love telling a story, that guy could be all 3.

I think everyone actually in the know knows that this is done, you have to question why Sky are not mentioning it at all, if it wasn't happening they'd be talking about it falling through or who Everton might be looking at as alternatives.

June 13, 2016, 05:07:18 PM
Reply #1351

hill135

It's such obvious revisionist, face-saving bollocks.

If he's such a terrible man-manager, more concerned with playing golf than training players properly, why did they finish so high up the table? We know exactly what happens to performances when the team is unfit and unmotivated.

If he's such a terrible man-manager, more concerned with playing golf than training players properly, why were they trying to renew his contract?

Why would they forego 5m compo and have to bare the costs of two managers, and take an unprecedented step of putting him on gardening leave when they're apparently not so arsed about him going because he doesn't live up to the 'Southampton Way'.

Why can't a grown man be assertive and speak for himself in deciding where his employment will be?

Why has all this ITK only come out with this now he's gone, rather than as it was happening?

It's a Saints fan telling other Saints fans what they want to hear to assuage their bruised egos.

A more likely story is his original agent turned us down flatly so Ronald fucked him off so he could set about joining a bigger, more successful, more historically decorated, more ambitious (and now richer) club than Southampton!

June 13, 2016, 05:13:43 PM
Reply #1352

MmmblueBernard

Is right Hill.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 13, 2016, 05:20:58 PM
Reply #1353

plumber

I don't care what Southampton fans say, but all that second holiday shit is just bizarre.

June 13, 2016, 05:21:40 PM
Reply #1354

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Whenever he "verbally assured them" (welcome to the gentleman's agreement club :) ) he didn't have our offer, or supposedly so as he was second choice..., so when we then did make the offer he then has a different choice to make.

Also what agent would turn down an offer flat, even if they wanted to stay, especially when negotiating a new deal?

Either a made up one (well scenario), or a poor one, in which case I'm not surprised that he sacked him.

June 13, 2016, 05:21:55 PM
Reply #1355

sam of the south

If he's such a terrible man-manager, more concerned with playing golf than training players properly, why did they finish so high up the table? We know exactly what happens to performances when the team is unfit and unmotivated.

If he's such a terrible man-manager, more concerned with playing golf than training players properly, why were they trying to renew his contract?

Why would they forego 5m compo and have to bare the costs of two managers, and take an unprecedented step of putting him on gardening leave when they're apparently not so arsed about him going because he doesn't live up to the 'Southampton Way'.

Why can't a grown man be assertive and speak for himself in deciding where his employment will be?

Why has all this ITK only come out with this now he's gone, rather than as it was happening?

It's a Saints fan telling other Saints fans what they want to hear to assuage their bruised egos.

A more likely story is his original agent turned us down flatly so Ronald fucked him off so he could set about joining a bigger, more successful, more historically decorated, more ambitious (and now richer) club than Southampton!

Great post, Hill... Particularly the use of 'assuage' 👍🏼
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 13, 2016, 05:22:37 PM
Reply #1356

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I don't care what Southampton fans say, but all that second holiday shit is just bizarre.

It'd obviously be better if he'd signed before he went away.

No doubting this.

June 13, 2016, 05:23:48 PM
Reply #1357

Hawkandro

Great post, Hill... Particularly the use of 'assuage' 👍🏼

Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

June 13, 2016, 05:26:30 PM
Reply #1358

alexb

I am starting to raise an eyebrow now, i would of thought Koeman would be in front of Goodison/ Finch Farm at 9am this morning,strutting around with the shirt and holding some tulips dyed royal blue. I don't think there is another club without a manager. I was given comfort when Villa had not sorted anything out, Katie Hopkins puckering arsehole is more inviting than Villa at the moment and they have their man.

It is getting worrying now, unless we are about to pull Emery out the hat and about to tell Koeman to do one?

June 13, 2016, 05:26:42 PM
Reply #1359

Lxxx

He might have booked one of those space flights in which case they're quite expensive to just cancel and you ain't getting Wi-Fi up there, so there might be a plausible reason for his second holiday in quick succession and lack of a contract signature. .

June 13, 2016, 05:27:11 PM
Reply #1360

Ross

[tweet https://twitter.com/richaskam/status/742293333322661888]

Very strange goings on for a deal that's supposed to be "done".
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 13, 2016, 05:27:18 PM
Reply #1361

AllyBlue14

Jesus, I'm sick of hearing Saints fans wondering why Koeman would want to join Everton. And wishing eternal failure on us because we've had the temerity to go after their manager.

I don't expect them to be happy about it but it really is amazing the way they seem to perceive themselves - you'd think we were Braintree trying to poach Zidane ffs.

The BBC had a debate about it a couple of weeks ago and no-one could understand why it was even a question. They're absolute no-marks and clearly other teams - and even their own players - see them as such, which is why their squad is pillaged year after year.

I've always championed them since they came back up - I tend to favour teams who were in the PL when I first started following football properly in the early-mid 90s, so Southampton, Coventry, Leeds, Forest, Derby, Q.P.R, Blackburn etc. - but to think 3 decent seasons puts them up towards the elite clubs in the country is ridiculous.

I hope what this guy is saying is b/s, it certainly sounds like the usual drivel we get around transfer deadline day - I bumped into my old neighbour, who doesn't know everything but does know about stuff like this, and whereas I'm normally too busy to ever post, I had time to sit and have a coffee and re-type War and Peace.

If even elements of it are true, it is a bit of a concern re training and player relationships. But that said, he has produced decent results and shown that he can build a squad. I don't expect Koeman to be here for any longer than 2-3 seasons, if he's successful. He'd have jibbed off Soton and I imagine would be prepared to do the same thing to us. But if, in the mean time, we're back up towards the top of the table, with the financial backing we now have, a potential new stadium and hopefully a better playing squad, we should be a much more attractive proposition than we are now.

June 13, 2016, 05:28:16 PM
Reply #1362

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Of course we do. However the whole charade is starting to wear a bit thin now. The delays, the holidays, the stories of squad unrest, the indications that he's an arrogant arsehole who doesn't take much interest in the youth setup...all from numerous sources. These may all be minor points, exaggerations and heresay but the gloss on his appointment, if and when it comes, is starting to wear off a little.
Yes it is dragging on a little but the world of football does not revolve around us! So whilst we wait for the final details to be sorted there is a vacuum and nature abhors a vacuum so it will fill with something else. Sadly as a group of fans there is a tendency to ignore or take for granted what we have and search out the negatives and grasp pessimism.
There's  a new manager coming but he's a bit slow arriving because everyone in football has their family holidays at this time. Get over it!
We're a Premier League club, never been out of it, rich investor, big crowds, good history and a promising future. Can some people even comprehend how lucky we are? There are millions of other fans who will support their teams their whole lives and never get a taste of even a part of that.
Rant over.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

June 13, 2016, 05:31:53 PM
Reply #1363

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

June 13, 2016, 05:56:50 PM
Reply #1364

Toddacelli

I stopped caring a week ago. This can't be sitting well with the players who might want away.

Surely they've been informed better than us or the media?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates