October 22, 2018, 12:27:03 AM

Poll

As the gaffer

Yes
104 (61.9%)
No
64 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: Koeman  (Read 114097 times)

June 13, 2016, 05:59:19 PM
Reply #1365

Toddacelli

I'm really not arsed if we can't sign any Southampton players, so they can go ahead and put that clause in.

But can such a clause exist?

If you are a Southamptn player and you want to make a career move, how is it legal for someone else to restrict your career based on what they do?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 13, 2016, 06:09:10 PM
Reply #1366

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

If you are a Southamptn player and you want to make a career move, how is it legal for someone else to restrict your career based on what they do?

I guess it's no different to when a top boss of some company cannot join a competitor for a certain length of time. That would be a similar thing, but then that's the person making that decision, not the staff. So what I have just written is not the same thing at all.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 13, 2016, 06:14:47 PM
Reply #1367

Thornton_19

Didn't Liverpool and Swansea have a similar agreement when Rodgers moved? They couldn't buy any players unless somebody else had bid for them. There was a phantom bid for Joe Allen so Liverpool could swoop in and take him.

June 13, 2016, 06:33:19 PM
Reply #1368

blueski

the only element of this story which is concerning to me is the possiblity that Koeman doesn't want to be here

who cares if Mane thinks Koeman is an asshat or plays long ball at times?

I remember a manager who had players from time to time think he's an ass hat, also one who played direct at times

his name was alex ferguson
Nil Satis

June 13, 2016, 06:34:53 PM
Reply #1369

robertdrumm1954

Not gonna happen, sorry lads he has had a rethink.

June 13, 2016, 06:36:39 PM
Reply #1370

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Not gonna happen, sorry lads he has had a rethink.

Tell you this, did he? hhhmmmm this is unfortunate.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 13, 2016, 06:37:09 PM
Reply #1371

Bluedylan

Thank fuck the Euros is on. The fume has been muted because of the distraction.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 13, 2016, 06:38:04 PM
Reply #1372

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
the only element of this story which is concerning to me is the possiblity that Koeman doesn't want to be here

who cares if Mane thinks Koeman is an asshat or plays long ball at times?

I remember a manager who had players from time to time think he's an ass hat, also one who played direct at times

his name was alex ferguson

Yeah. You don't have to like your boss - just to do what they say.

In regards to the "poaching" contract. No, there is no legal grounds on behalf of the players.
But part of an agreement to allow Koeman to void the last year of his contract (and to allow us to speak to him whilst under contract) can include a stipulation saying we wont bit. (different than they wont sell). That's perfectly above board.

June 13, 2016, 07:00:14 PM
Reply #1373

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

I always take issue with people that claim to know what someone else's personal feelings are about something, even though they clearly don't know that person very well....or know them at all in some cases.

The level of detail that the Saints poster put just stinks of bullshit, bumping in to someone that you haven't seen in years who suddenly wants to invite for you for a coffee and divulge all the inner workings of the club and the staff....

He'll be signed by Wednesday, he'll be made up to be here, and we will have a great season.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:01:51 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

June 13, 2016, 07:02:27 PM
Reply #1374

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Tell you this, did he? hhhmmmm this is unfortunate.

Great Yoda quoting
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 13, 2016, 07:16:13 PM
Reply #1375

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
The saddest part of this is that the twitter fans really only want him here cos they've had one over the soton fans, if he turns us down their lives will be hell
Simply simply lovely

June 13, 2016, 07:23:30 PM
Reply #1376

Toddacelli

The best part of this is that the twitter fans really only want him here cos they've had one over the soton fans, if he turns us down their lives will be hell

Fixed!   ;)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 13, 2016, 07:30:48 PM
Reply #1377

Redartin

Anyone getting the de-Ja-vu feeling when Wigan /Swansea fans told us Roberto was a dickhead and loads of posters on here dismissed them, said "what the fuck do they know", "sour grapes bastards".etc etc.

Is Pelligrini still kicking about, just in case?

June 13, 2016, 07:48:47 PM
Reply #1378

Major Clanger

Anyone getting the de-Ja-vu feeling when Wigan /Swansea fans told us Roberto was a dickhead and loads of posters on here dismissed them, said "what the fuck do they know", "sour grapes bastards".etc etc.

That is always a possibility. But they were telling their honest opinions based on what they could see, while this guy has written a shaggy-dog story with many inconsistencies that make it hard to believe. It is possible that all of it's basically true, he just embellished bits, it is possible that one or two elements are true, the rest is made up, and it could be complete bullshit.

Either way, we won't be able to guess.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:49:19 PM by Major Clanger »
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

June 13, 2016, 07:49:49 PM
Reply #1379

Shogun

Administrator
Difference is that Wigan fans' opinions were vindicated by their relegation struggles and eventual relegation. Koeman's time at Southampton has been a success as far the league is concerned.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth