November 13, 2018, 05:14:41 AM

Poll

As the gaffer

Yes
104 (61.9%)
No
64 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: Koeman  (Read 116402 times)

June 07, 2016, 11:05:37 AM
Reply #15

montanatoffeefan

And that's fine. He's using us and we're using him, and for him to be able make that bigger move he'll have to impress and deliver some degree of 'success'. And if he doesn't do it, Moshiri's actions so far lead me to think he'll move him on, and aim to find someone else who can.

It's a professional relationship. We don't need to be madly in love with each other to make it work.

If he uses Everton the way Mourinho used Porto, Chelsea and Inter, then he can have the chuckles and salary and steal the silver candlesticks on his way out the window. 
Everton forever.

June 07, 2016, 11:32:39 PM
Reply #16

montanatoffeefan

Is it too early for a 'Koeman out' thread?

Could call it "Koe-man go."
Everton forever.

June 09, 2016, 04:08:12 PM
Reply #17

montanatoffeefan

There is a real positive feeling about us at the moment isnt there, record season tickets sales, new owner, new manager with money to spend, we're not used to this

Yeah, and it's a pretty remarkable turnaround, especially when you consider where we were just about a month ago: in a state of despair and rage near the end of another awful season; concerns that the manager who authored it might get to hang around for another; protest planes; suffering through a 3-0 thumping by Sunderland everyone saw coming; debates about which result during the season was most depressing; questions about whether we should give Aiden McGeady a longer look; people talking about abandoning their support for the club; "Niasse appearances will be a bonus"; debate on whether the players should even bother with a lap of appreciation; rumors of Martin O'Neill and Jurgen Klinsmann.

We've come a long way, already. 
Everton forever.

June 10, 2016, 02:20:17 AM
Reply #18

montanatoffeefan

Thought I'd recycle a song from the last manager issnit, like what the cool kids do.

Roberto had a dream,
To build our football team.
Turned out he was shit,
So we got koeman instead.
Now we're good at the back
And boss in attack,
The school of science is
Possibly back.

Think there's actually a  law against using the word "possibly" in a football song.
Everton forever.

June 13, 2016, 05:08:06 AM
Reply #19

montanatoffeefan

I am sure he isn't signing for us. Something just doesn't feel right with all of this.

I felt like that after Martinez signed up with us.

So, all in all, I prefer worrying beforehand -- that a manager might not sign.
Everton forever.

June 13, 2016, 08:52:28 AM
Reply #20

montanatoffeefan

Bizarrely on Betfair (only place I can see still running a book) Roy Keane is 1/100

If things went to hell with Koeman and we have to turn to Roy Keane as our next manager, then we're all going to hell. Or worse, to Sunderland.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 08:56:55 AM by montanatoffeefan »
Everton forever.

June 13, 2016, 09:52:02 PM
Reply #21

montanatoffeefan

All the waiting and doubts about whether this deal is actually going to happen is starting to fray my nerves.

But I am taking comfort in the great extents Southampton fans are going to vent their bitterness towards Koeman and Everton.
Everton forever.

June 13, 2016, 10:38:03 PM
Reply #22

montanatoffeefan

How come I did the quote, but you got all the likes?

Hmmm use the ways of the force, did you?
Coz I'm a Sith

When I see all this blather from Soton fans I can't help but think of a pack of bitter Ewoks or Jar Jar Binks.
Everton forever.

June 13, 2016, 11:09:41 PM
Reply #23

montanatoffeefan

I actually hope they put that clause in. I like a lot of Southampton players but they wouldn't be worth the premiums we'd have to pay.

I'm starting to think some Southampton players had clauses in their contracts that Everton couldn't poach their manager.
Everton forever.

June 14, 2016, 05:11:16 AM
Reply #24

montanatoffeefan

I'd have rather married Angelina Jolie but that never happened either

Take if from someone who did, you're lucky you didn't.

Angie has bad breath, hogs all the covers in bed along with the other women I'd bring in for threesomes (which could account for some of the bad breath), complains constantly about her father and Adolph Hitler, can't cook worth a damn, and without her makeup looks like Dirk Kuyt.

My marriage to Megan Fox was actually much happier, though I wouldn't recommend doing that either.
Everton forever.

June 14, 2016, 05:13:20 AM
Reply #25

montanatoffeefan

Lets stop being silly. I think Koeman might sail into the sunset though

Have to say, I've grown all a-bored with this Koeman saga.
Everton forever.

June 14, 2016, 04:52:11 PM
Reply #26

montanatoffeefan

Quite excited now

He'll be like a new signing.
Everton forever.

June 15, 2016, 12:33:04 AM
Reply #27

montanatoffeefan

Don't care if Koeman's off on another summer holiday, so long as he keeps our players from drifting off to holiday most of the fall, winter and spring.

And let the excitement wane and wait until the season. If nothing else, Martinez should have cured us of any belief in hype and excitement untethered to results or even reality.
Everton forever.