0 (0%)
Eddie Howe
2 (5.6%)
A different English manager
0 (0%)
A different foreign manager
11 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Who should be the next England Manager?  (Read 12048 times)

June 28, 2016, 11:26:14 PM
Reply #15

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I've always had Redknapp down as someone who would pick his favourites no matter what.

Purely based on him signing the same players everywhere he went...

June 28, 2016, 11:37:24 PM
Reply #16

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36648824

Gareth Southgate being favourite to succeed Roy Hodgson as England manager is "scary", says Harry Redknapp.

Hodgson resigned on Monday after England were knocked out of Euro 2016 in the last 16 by minnows Iceland.

But Redknapp said Southgate was only seen as a favourite for the job because he had won a "second-rate tournament" with England Under-21s in Toulon.

"Why should he get it in front of Steve Bruce and Sam Allardyce, who are proven managers?" asked the former QPR boss.

When it was suggested that Southgate knew the way the Football Association (FA) worked as well as the English "system", Redknapp responded: "Knows what system? The losing system? He knows the losing formula?

"I like Gareth Southgate, he's a great lad, but what's he done?"
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:37:36 PM by blueToffee »

June 28, 2016, 11:48:59 PM
Reply #17

hill135

I've always had Redknapp down as someone who would pick his favourites no matter what.

Crouch and Defoe to reprise their classic big-man, little-man combo?

June 28, 2016, 11:55:15 PM
Reply #18

Haile GAZrselassie

Well. I don't think we need to worry about it now.

He was never getting the job anyway and he probably realised this when he was the publics choice to get the job when he was usurped by Hodgson.

But after that statement of truth he wouldn't get the job if he was the last person on earth.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

June 29, 2016, 12:00:06 AM
Reply #19

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 29, 2016, 12:18:02 AM
Reply #20

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Think Martinez would be great for England.

:snigger: :snigger: :snigger:
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 29, 2016, 12:20:28 AM
Reply #21

Ari

June 29, 2016, 01:38:19 AM
Reply #22

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Think Martinez would be great for England.

:snigger: :snigger: :snigger:

Was an article in the London Evening Standard that said several senior players don't like him.

Apparently he was (somewhere) on the FA's radar.

June 29, 2016, 01:41:09 AM
Reply #23

Shogun

Administrator

"What do you mean I can't pick Krancjar?"

June 29, 2016, 02:26:33 AM
Reply #24

toffee_scot

Redknapp would not be a bad choice but he's quite an outspoken guy which the FA won't like. Plus even though he guided Spurs to a top 4 finish a few years ago, Hodgson was chosen instead.

Very difficult to say who would get the job. They might pick a foreign manager again.

June 29, 2016, 02:47:40 AM
Reply #25

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
The FA will take a few months putting a team together who will interview candidates and seek advice from agencies and experts, who they'll pay through the nose for.

Utd will start the season slowly and the media will link Mourinho with England. Sunderland will start off strong with Defoe banging them in and #TeamAllardyce will start to grow in support.

Steve McClaren will start appearing as a pundit on the radio and TV, making noises about unfinished business and his growth as a manager.

And then in November, they'll give the job to Gareth Southgate.

June 29, 2016, 03:08:38 AM
Reply #26

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Putting aside the question of a 'nationality requirement' for the moment and focusing on the systemic problems, I would like to know: why does our system of coaching badges fail to produce good managers? Perhaps it is time to address that.

Most major European nations I can think of have at least one (sometimes more) outstanding candidate in their field who the nation could get behind. Some are not realistic candidates for the national team job (e.g. Klopp to Germany, Pep to Spain), but some are (Conte at Italy, Deschamp, Blanc for France).

We don't have this. None of our managers are at the top of the game. Only three of them actually coach in our domestic top flight. The pool is therefore uninspiring.

Why?

Doesn't it cost like 500 to do your coaching badges in Germany and like 5,000 in England?

June 29, 2016, 03:52:06 AM
Reply #27

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn't it cost like 500 to do your coaching badges in Germany and like 5,000 in England?
That's just how much sterling has crashed since Friday.

June 29, 2016, 04:05:26 AM
Reply #28

ally2

That's just how much sterling has crashed since Friday.

There's got to be a Raheem Sterling joke in there somewhere

June 29, 2016, 05:18:41 AM
Reply #29

Mayor Farnum

Anyone notice Shearer put himself forward for the job on MOTD last night? The rest of the panel didn't bat an eyelid or even mention his time as Newcastle manager.
Something clever written by someone else.