0 (0%)
Eddie Howe
2 (5.6%)
A different English manager
0 (0%)
A different foreign manager
11 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Who should be the next England Manager?  (Read 12045 times)

June 29, 2016, 02:48:19 PM
Reply #30

Alanvideo

The press putting Wenger's name forward. Surely not another over 60 ? I'm not being ageist .I'm 60 myself but it's time for a  younger manager e.g. Howe.
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 29, 2016, 03:07:58 PM
Reply #31

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Redknapp would be a good shout. Made Bale the player he is today. Could totally transform Barkley.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 29, 2016, 04:37:24 PM
Reply #32

ally2

The press putting Wenger's name forward. Surely not another over 60 ? I'm not being ageist .I'm 60 myself but it's time for a  younger manager e.g. Howe.

Don Howe's even older

June 29, 2016, 04:38:53 PM
Reply #33

ally2

Edit - Don Howe's actually dead RIP

June 29, 2016, 05:06:29 PM
Reply #34

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

June 29, 2016, 05:17:26 PM
Reply #35

Ross

Big Sam is the most deserving English manager.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 29, 2016, 06:52:36 PM
Reply #36

Bluenose 91

June 29, 2016, 07:37:47 PM
Reply #37

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 29, 2016, 09:55:04 PM
Reply #38

kramer0

http://www.espnfc.us/european-championship/story/2904223/jamie-carragher-puts-jurgen-klinsmann-ahead-of-shearer-for-england-job

In related news, Carragher is a fool.

I think we'd all be made up in America if Klinsmann left the national team. He moves the bar on a regular basis -- when the performance is good but the result isn't, it's about the performance, and when the result is good but the performance isn't, it's about the result -- and at the end of the day, performances and results haven't been good enough.

I hope for the sake of all the England supporters on this board that there's nothing in the Klinsmann talk (although I would be ecstatic for him to leave the US national team).

June 30, 2016, 12:39:29 AM
Reply #39

stirlingblue

Big Sam is the most deserving English manager.

Would love to see him given a shot.

Always been curious as to what he what do with 'better' players.

That being said, the Mark Noble lump to Andy Carroll followed by a knock down to Defoe would probably be his go to tactic.

Wouldn't be surprised if it worked though, maybe we need to embrace our English game and quit trying to just copy whatever the latest tactical trend (tiki-taka, gegenpressing) is.

June 30, 2016, 12:54:11 AM
Reply #40

Ross

Would love to see him given a shot.

Always been curious as to what he what do with 'better' players.

That being said, the Mark Noble lump to Andy Carroll followed by a knock down to Defoe would probably be his go to tactic.

Wouldn't be surprised if it worked though, maybe we need to embrace our English game and quit trying to just copy whatever the latest tactical trend (tiki-taka, gegenpressing) is.

Ive been saying that for years. We've already had the recurring chat-phrase spewed out about a "full and in depth review". I can't remember when we got knocked out of a tournament and that line wasn't used. We had a "full and in depth" review two years ago after being embarrassed in Brazil and here we are again.

Unfortunately the football hipsters wouldn't wear it and their football snobbery would mean it was a none starter for the FA to consider. Given a fair crack of the whip with the resources and players on offer in sure he'd make a good go of it and would at least make us competitive in international competitions.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 30, 2016, 02:32:50 AM
Reply #41

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I could see Big Sam getting us to the quarters easily.

Even if it would be a bit Mike Bassett.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 30, 2016, 02:57:58 AM
Reply #42

MmmblueBernard

Big Sam got me. With the mandate to do whatever he liked tactically.

Bout time we realised we ain't ever gonna be Spain 2010 team. Ever. So we should stop the tippy tappy sideways bollocks.

Hell, even Spain realise they ain't ever gonna be that team again and need to adapt and adopt new tactics (think it was Piques admission)
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 30, 2016, 03:22:36 AM
Reply #43

Haile GAZrselassie

As has been said, the football hipsters would have a fit of Ronaldo esque proportions if Allardyce was given the job.

@hill135 would proclaim we've gone back to the dark ages and that we're the cavemen of international football.

But we've tried to copy the latest trends for 20 years now.

I've said all along. What are we good at?? Fighting. So let's get back to basics and start again by at least physically intimidating teams.

And that means not having any space in the side for pussies and boys of 9 stone wet through like Raheem fucking Sterling.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

June 30, 2016, 05:54:32 AM
Reply #44

hill135

Sam Allardyce's methods do not work at any level higher than 11th in the Premier League.

This should be obvious to anyone.