0 (0%)
Eddie Howe
2 (5.6%)
A different English manager
0 (0%)
A different foreign manager
11 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Who should be the next England Manager?  (Read 12056 times)

June 30, 2016, 06:15:48 AM
Reply #45

Optimistic Blue

Sam Allardyce's methods do not work at any level higher than 11th in the Premier League.

This should be obvious to anyone.

About englands level at the moment i would say.

Theres been a lot of people mentioning playing "at this level" when it comes to internationals, implying international football is a higher level than club football when it quite clearly isn't, not even close actually x
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

June 30, 2016, 03:14:11 PM
Reply #46

fubarruk

About englands level at the moment i would say.

Theres been a lot of people mentioning playing "at this level" when it comes to internationals, implying international football is a higher level than club football when it quite clearly isn't, not even close actually x
Absolutely agree, international football isn't a massive step up in class, more often than not its a step down.

The top club sides in the world are better than the best international sides, the top sides in the PL are better than most of them.

People talking about Allerdyce not being able to step up in class are talking out their ass. He'd be working with better players for a start, but if he can set a Sunderland team up to go out and beat Chelsea then he can set an England team up to go out and beat fucking Iceland.

June 30, 2016, 04:01:36 PM
Reply #47

hill135

I agree club football is in general of a higher standard than international football. But international football is still of a high standard.

It doesn't matter what level of player Sam Allardyce has at his disposal. He uses a certain method all the time which imposes a ceiling on what his teams can achieve. Give him Messi and Ronaldo and he'd still be keeping it organised and play for crosses and set pieces. There is a reason why his methods are nowhere to be seen in the upper echelons of the game: because they do not work at that level.

Can't actually believe this is a serious suggestion. It's one thing saying we shouldn't bother with a cheap karaoke version of the top international sides but it's another thing to go to the other extreme and do the mirror opposite, which would be to retreat to old fashioned English parochialism which is the problem in the first place.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:01:57 PM by hill135 »

July 01, 2016, 12:30:50 AM
Reply #48

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
My word, I'm so tired of hearing what Stuart Pearce thinks about the English national team structure.

/End tiniest of rants.

July 01, 2016, 12:48:47 AM
Reply #49

Mayor Farnum

I think Allardyce has his best spell in club management with the likes of Djyorkaeff, Okocha, Anelka and Campo in his team.
Something clever written by someone else.

July 01, 2016, 01:23:48 AM
Reply #50

Gash

Global Moderator
England will probably get what they're position on world football deserves, either a middle of the road, journeyman manager or a they'll through another few million on a manager who's got nothing better to do for the next couple of years. The sooner they realise that they're nowhere near the top level in world football the better.

July 01, 2016, 01:32:29 AM
Reply #51

Bluedylan

Whatever else happens, I don't think we should take advice from a man who's been shagging his brother's missus for a long time and punched a woman in the face.

(that's Ryan Giggs by the way, not @Gash)
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 01, 2016, 08:51:38 PM
Reply #52

Omar

You come at the king, you best not miss.

July 01, 2016, 10:08:33 PM
Reply #53

stirlingblue

July 02, 2016, 07:51:38 PM
Reply #54

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
For those that don't know what the above post relates to:

https://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status/748822436120961025

#CantoYes just for the laugh. 

July 03, 2016, 02:06:09 PM
Reply #55

Bluedylan

Papers suggesting Stevie Laaa will be offered a coaching role and amazingly, 'will be consulted regarding the appointment of the new manager'.

Pop another nail in the coffin of my interest in the national team.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 03, 2016, 03:31:03 PM
Reply #56

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Papers suggesting Stevie Laaa will be offered a coaching role and amazingly, 'will be consulted regarding the appointment of the new manager'.

yeah defo, wont be watching if he is in charge.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

July 04, 2016, 02:50:46 PM
Reply #57

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber

I find this utterly bizarre. What qualifications does he have to allow him this position?

It's this kind of fucked up thinking that the FA believe is modern and progressive but which ultimately ensures we never progress.

July 04, 2016, 03:34:14 PM
Reply #58

hill135

If the failure of the national team can be summarised as the determination to crowbar overblown, tactically illiterate 'star players' in to the lineup, to the detriment of a balanced, functioning team then Stevie G Laaa is the symbol of that failure.

He should be nowhere near the England set up.

July 04, 2016, 03:48:31 PM
Reply #59

74Blue

It really doesn't matter one jot who is given the job. England will still be shite.