November 22, 2017, 03:18:10 AM

Author Topic: Olympics 2016  (Read 12248 times)

July 23, 2016, 03:25:16 AM
Read 12248 times

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
A girl who didn't make the US olympic squad has just smashed the 100m hurdles record that has stood for 28 years.

Whoops.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 05:24:49 AM by Gash »
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

July 23, 2016, 03:27:40 AM
Reply #1

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Usain Bolt is on in 30 minutes

July 23, 2016, 03:30:53 AM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
I was just going to post that. American record holder, had already set the fastest time of the year but finished 6th in the trials so didn't qualify then comes over here and sets a new world record.

Still can't help think it's going to be an awful football stadium.

July 23, 2016, 03:34:33 AM
Reply #3

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I was just going to post that. American record holder, had already set the fastest time of the year but finished 6th in the trials so didn't qualify then comes over here and sets a new world record.

Still can't help think it's going to be an awful football stadium.
Its just simply not a football stadium.  You're going to feel miles away if your sat at the back.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:34:52 AM by Goaljira »

July 23, 2016, 03:39:26 AM
Reply #4

velimski

Kim Collins must be nearly 50 years old?

July 23, 2016, 03:41:12 AM
Reply #5

Major Clanger

We'll know who won in 10 year's time.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

July 23, 2016, 03:43:01 AM
Reply #6

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
We'll know who won in 10 year's time.

That's why i will struggle to watch anything regarding the Olympic. We will only find out in 10 years time who has been stripped of their titles.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 23, 2016, 03:55:32 AM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator
Old Doris actually reveled in handing out the red card there.

July 23, 2016, 04:00:04 AM
Reply #8

velimski

Michael Johnson is such a cool bastard.

July 23, 2016, 04:17:14 AM
Reply #9

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Michael Johnson is such a cool bastard.

I absolutely love him
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 03, 2016, 05:23:25 AM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator
Shame it's being overshadowed so far by all the Russia carry on and apparent poor organisation by Brazil, although it doesn't help that Rio is pretty much bankrupt.

Haven't looked that much into it but the Lizzie Armitstead story sounds a bit dodgy, cleared to ride despite missing three drug tests in 12 months. She's been cleared to race as the tester has been blamed for missing one as she was in a hotel, the hotel wouldn't give her room number out and the tester couldn't get hold of her as her phone was (conveniently) on silent and the third test was missed due to a family emergency. Understandably UK anti doping are looking into why she's been cleared to race. What a tainted medal that will be if she wins one.

On another note, can't believe it's 4 years since London.

August 03, 2016, 05:35:43 AM
Reply #11

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Shame it's being overshadowed so far by all the Russia carry on and apparent poor organisation by Brazil, although it doesn't help that Rio is pretty much bankrupt.

Haven't looked that much into it but the Lizzie Armitstead story sounds a bit dodgy, cleared to ride despite missing three drug tests in 12 months. She's been cleared to race as the tester has been blamed for missing one as she was in a hotel, the hotel wouldn't give her room number out and the tester couldn't get hold of her as her phone was (conveniently) on silent and the third test was missed due to a family emergency. Understandably UK anti doping are looking into why she's been cleared to race. What a tainted medal that will be if she wins one.

On another note, can't believe it's 4 years since London.
This multiple missed test thing is proper dodgy, and took some of the shine off Mo Farah for me.  I understand that due to the randomness and frequency of the tests that maybe one test could get missed due to an emergency change in circumstances, but 3 in a year?  Part of your job is being able to fulfil the requirements of the anti-doping testing and you're aware of this going in.  If you don't meet the requirements you shouldn't be asked to represent your country.

And yeah, 4 years.  Where did that go?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 05:36:11 AM by Goaljira »

August 03, 2016, 05:44:14 AM
Reply #12

Gash

Global Moderator
This multiple missed test thing is proper dodgy, and took some of the shine off Mo Farah for me.  I understand that due to the randomness and frequency of the tests that maybe one test could get missed due to an emergency change in circumstances, but 3 in a year?  Part of your job is being able to fulfil the requirements of the anti-doping testing and you're aware of this going in.  If you don't meet the requirements you shouldn't be asked to represent your country.

And yeah, 4 years.  Where did that go?

In this day and age of mobile communications it's very difficult not to be contacted. I'm sure they need to give a list of an hour everyday and where they will be during that hour, so by sending that in they will know that at some point the phone will go or the door bell will be rung for a blood test. I get that it can be a ballache, but it's a bit like having a meeting or an appointment for an hour each day, stick it in the diary and be prepared for it. There really is very little excuse for missing it. Miss one, fair enough it happens, miss two and it's starting to look a little dodgy, miss three and you should take whatever punishment there is.

August 03, 2016, 08:10:55 AM
Reply #13

Haile GAZrselassie

I absolutely love him

The BBC's athletics coverage is an absolute joy to watch and I don't think you can get a smoother, more knowledgeable, medal laden line up on the planet when they wheel the big guns out.

Colin Jackson, Denise Lewis, Jonathan Edwards, Michael Johnson, Steve Cram.

When they throw in the likes of Pendelton and Hoy to their presenting and punditry team you have to say fair play to them for getting these kind of people on board.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

August 03, 2016, 08:36:34 AM
Reply #14

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn't seem that long ago that the likes of Colin Jackson and Steve Cram were Britain's best.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney