November 18, 2018, 01:29:44 AM

Author Topic: Olympics 2016  (Read 23419 times)

July 23, 2016, 03:25:16 AM
Read 23419 times

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
A girl who didn't make the US olympic squad has just smashed the 100m hurdles record that has stood for 28 years.

Whoops.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 05:24:49 AM by Gash »
My momma says I'm special.

July 23, 2016, 03:27:40 AM
Reply #1

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Usain Bolt is on in 30 minutes

July 23, 2016, 03:34:33 AM
Reply #2

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I was just going to post that. American record holder, had already set the fastest time of the year but finished 6th in the trials so didn't qualify then comes over here and sets a new world record.

Still can't help think it's going to be an awful football stadium.
Its just simply not a football stadium.  You're going to feel miles away if your sat at the back.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:34:52 AM by Goaljira »

August 03, 2016, 05:35:43 AM
Reply #3

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Shame it's being overshadowed so far by all the Russia carry on and apparent poor organisation by Brazil, although it doesn't help that Rio is pretty much bankrupt.

Haven't looked that much into it but the Lizzie Armitstead story sounds a bit dodgy, cleared to ride despite missing three drug tests in 12 months. She's been cleared to race as the tester has been blamed for missing one as she was in a hotel, the hotel wouldn't give her room number out and the tester couldn't get hold of her as her phone was (conveniently) on silent and the third test was missed due to a family emergency. Understandably UK anti doping are looking into why she's been cleared to race. What a tainted medal that will be if she wins one.

On another note, can't believe it's 4 years since London.
This multiple missed test thing is proper dodgy, and took some of the shine off Mo Farah for me.  I understand that due to the randomness and frequency of the tests that maybe one test could get missed due to an emergency change in circumstances, but 3 in a year?  Part of your job is being able to fulfil the requirements of the anti-doping testing and you're aware of this going in.  If you don't meet the requirements you shouldn't be asked to represent your country.

And yeah, 4 years.  Where did that go?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 05:36:11 AM by Goaljira »

August 03, 2016, 02:15:50 PM
Reply #4

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
In this day and age of mobile communications it's very difficult not to be contacted. I'm sure they need to give a list of an hour everyday and where they will be during that hour, so by sending that in they will know that at some point the phone will go or the door bell will be rung for a blood test. I get that it can be a ballache, but it's a bit like having a meeting or an appointment for an hour each day, stick it in the diary and be prepared for it. There really is very little excuse for missing it. Miss one, fair enough it happens, miss two and it's starting to look a little dodgy, miss three and you should take whatever punishment there is.

I think its a bit more complicated than that, in that they have to provide their planned whereabouts for a number of 1 hour periods each month, but they won't necessarily be tested on them all?  But yeah, we're in agreement that they miss three then its fair to assume that they're avoiding on purpose.

August 04, 2016, 12:34:03 AM
Reply #5

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like a 4am finish on the coverage every night.  Don't think I'll be watching the late stuff!

August 06, 2016, 12:58:32 PM
Reply #6

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Is there no decent app with the schedule or anything?
The 'Team GB Live' app seems the best option for Android.

August 07, 2016, 01:30:01 AM
Reply #7

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Imagine waiting 4 years for the Olympics, riding all that way and then crashing on the final descent.

August 07, 2016, 01:47:18 AM
Reply #8

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Where's the interview with van Avermaet's dad?

August 07, 2016, 02:46:46 AM
Reply #9

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Watching women's rugby sevens here.

August 07, 2016, 03:16:37 AM
Reply #10

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
That Heather Fisher from team GB is one scary fucker these Japanese women must be shitting when she goes near them
Is she the baldy-headed one that looks like Skrtyl?

(Seriously, how the fuck do you spell the ex-anfield grock's name?  Every way looks as wrong as his face?)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 03:20:04 AM by Goaljira »

August 07, 2016, 03:19:40 AM
Reply #11

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah man she has alopecia think it just adds to the intimidating figure she is, she a proper grok in comparison
One of the girls that works for me plays for Derby.  Some of the girls she plays with are pretty scary looking.

August 07, 2016, 03:34:01 AM
Reply #12

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Some of them are proper fit though, you know when you see them outside of a rugby setting, your like "bingo, she's proper fit" then they stroll on the pitch looking like Louis Suarez in a room full of shoulders
Can't stop laughing at that description!  Need to remember to tell her on Tuesday.  She knows you as 'the cockwomble guy', so will have a frame of reference.

August 07, 2016, 03:35:06 AM
Reply #13

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Who the fuck can throw themselves 8ft in the air and land as a press up... Fuck me
Id struggle with just the press up at the minute.

August 07, 2016, 03:41:04 AM
Reply #14

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Can do the press up just not the fuckin jump doubt I could get 8inches never mind 8ft
Ha!  I've fucked my shoulder/neck is why I can't do the press up.  But yeah, the only way I'd jump 8ft is off a cliff.