September 23, 2018, 10:49:02 PM

Author Topic: Olympics 2016  (Read 21490 times)

August 03, 2016, 08:10:55 AM
Read 21490 times

Haile GAZrselassie

I absolutely love him

The BBC's athletics coverage is an absolute joy to watch and I don't think you can get a smoother, more knowledgeable, medal laden line up on the planet when they wheel the big guns out.

Colin Jackson, Denise Lewis, Jonathan Edwards, Michael Johnson, Steve Cram.

When they throw in the likes of Pendelton and Hoy to their presenting and punditry team you have to say fair play to them for getting these kind of people on board.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

August 03, 2016, 11:21:32 PM
Reply #1

Haile GAZrselassie

What's the TV schedule for the next few weeks??

Heard on the radio some events have already started even though the opening ceremony isn't till Friday.

Can't see anything advertised on the BBC for it tonight though??

August 04, 2016, 02:12:46 AM
Reply #2

Haile GAZrselassie

Looks like a 4am finish on the coverage every night.  Don't think I'll be watching the late stuff!

Depends what's finishing at that time!!

The weightlifting, boxing, diving, triathlon and track and field are my main interests so if I'm on nights when they take place it will be amazing!!

If Rhytmic gymnastics and synchronised swimming are the fare on offer then it will be an early night!! Or I'll just find something to do at work.

August 10, 2016, 04:40:35 AM
Reply #3

Haile GAZrselassie

Just watched the North Korean girls 10m synchro team make their final dive.

One of them badly faulted and pretty much belly flopped onto the water.

I imagine she will score highly on the execution part of Kim ill sung's score card on her return home.

August 10, 2016, 04:51:59 AM
Reply #4

Haile GAZrselassie

What size gloves they using in the boxing?? Must be 14/16oz because some of these lads are dropping bombs and not hitting the deck.

August 11, 2016, 05:49:44 AM
Reply #5

Haile GAZrselassie

World record just gone in the snatch lift in men's 77kg weightlifting.

100 and seventy fucking seven kilos.

They weigh less than me, but are basically ripping Eddie Hall off the floor, whipping him overheard whilst in the bottom of a squat position. Then standing up.

In terms of raw power. No finer sight on earth.

August 11, 2016, 06:04:03 AM
Reply #6

Haile GAZrselassie

Always wonder about the weight lifters and drugs

I know mate, I know.

But they don't have that swollen and bloated look plus covered in acne that you get with your average Joe who's pumped to eyeballs of AAS.

Of course I'm not naive enough to think it doesn't go on either. But I'd also just like to believe that it's all through hard work and training.

August 11, 2016, 06:59:52 PM
Reply #7

Haile GAZrselassie

Absolute sickener of an injury in the men's 77kg last night/this morning.

Bloke was attempting the jerk part of the lift when his left elbow completely gave way.

Not something I've seen before but certainly not a scream I'll ever forget either.

August 11, 2016, 07:13:13 PM
Reply #8

Haile GAZrselassie

If anyone gets the chance to check out the little Kazakh guy who won the 77kg dance after his winning lift its well worth a watch!!😂😂😂

August 11, 2016, 11:42:09 PM
Reply #9

Haile GAZrselassie

Im loving the Olympics so far, been brilliant

Been a bit shit I recks.

The attendances in the various venues have been piss poor and the atmosphere has been wank.

The vast majority of sports on the Olympic rosta simply aren't played in Brazil and ticket prices are the equivalent of 80% of the months wage for minimum wage workers.

Will get much better from Saturday when track and field start but so far, bar the odd highlight here and there they've been dissappointing for me.

August 12, 2016, 04:26:25 AM
Reply #10

Haile GAZrselassie

Anyone see the floor routine from Simone Biles??

Absolutely incredible. She's 4ft 8' and when she was doing those tumbles, mid air, she's nearly 9ft up.

And absolutely nails every landing. Doesn't shift a millimetre on landing!!

One of the moments of the games for sure.

August 12, 2016, 04:33:16 AM
Reply #11

Haile GAZrselassie

Apologies if you think I ruined the thread, will stand on the naughty step for ten minutes, still trying to understand the dynamics here, just as an example I thought Con was very confrontational today in two posts on the transfer thread, someone just expressing an opinion that Con didn't agree with (nor did I, I agreed with Con) but passed without comment, no explanation required from you, as I said, ten minutes on the naughty step then will try to just spread peace and harmony in future  :)

What happened to you?? You used to be sound and would never question shit the way you are doing now??

When did you turn into a total fucking crank??

August 12, 2016, 11:26:41 PM
Reply #12

Haile GAZrselassie

Love a bit of Heptathlon, especially with Ennis and KJT pushing each other.

Gonna be a fantastic couple of days. The final few events are on at silly o clock in the morning though!!

August 12, 2016, 11:30:39 PM
Reply #13

Haile GAZrselassie

Surely that ponytail can't be doing her any favours just now though?? If that trails below her head then surely it's gonna clout the bar potentially??

August 12, 2016, 11:34:21 PM
Reply #14

Haile GAZrselassie

Disappointing turnout in the stadium again!!