October 22, 2019, 04:45:22 PM

Author Topic: [News]Rumour: Everton Meet Release Fee in Idrissa Gueye's Villa Contract  (Read 9320 times)

July 28, 2016, 05:40:27 PM
Reply #60

Cozzie

Lets hope this gets over the line, I just want to see a signing of some substance get done for once.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 05:41:18 PM by Cozzie »

July 28, 2016, 06:37:35 PM
Reply #61

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Unsure about this one. My Villa supporting friend says he would be over the moon with 7 million for him. But who knows what he'd be like in a better team like ours.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 28, 2016, 07:11:57 PM
Reply #62

Shogun

Administrator

July 28, 2016, 07:29:19 PM
Reply #63

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Sure he played against us when we played Lille.

Yeah he did.

Clearly Martinez had the tactical measure of how to get round him!

July 28, 2016, 07:44:15 PM
Reply #64

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
Do we need another defensive midfielder? Barry, McCarthy and Besic are all defensive and offer little in the way of goals, assists or creativity. Are we after this lad because one of the others will make way, or will this be in addition to what we have?

July 28, 2016, 07:46:25 PM
Reply #65

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Do we need another defensive midfielder? Barry, McCarthy and Besic are all defensive and offer little in the way of goals, assists or creativity. Are we after this lad because one of the others will make way, or will this be in addition to what we have?
Koeman may not like any of them some wants who he likes in
Simply simply lovely

July 28, 2016, 08:58:37 PM
Reply #66

Cozzie

I think Koeman wont be impressed with what he has seen of Gibson and Besic so far in pre season.

Barry will be 36 this season.

You would have to at least think he would be better than McCarthy and Cleverley.

I aint sure as I don't know a whole lot about him apart from the impressive stats, but if it is the player Koeman and Walsh want then I am fine with it. 

July 28, 2016, 09:05:01 PM
Reply #67

Cozzie

July 28, 2016, 09:17:40 PM
Reply #68

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
The echo here provide a much better run down of his stats compared to Kante.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/idrissa-gueye-v-ngolo-kante-11671366#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Its great, but ultimately as frustrating as fuck, that its still 'reports suggest'.  Literally *nothing* is getting out the club at the minute and people are just guessing, and its both glorious for the professionalism of the club and horrible for us fans feeding off the mere slightest hint of a rumour.

July 28, 2016, 09:22:53 PM
Reply #69

Ross

Be interesting to see a comparison to Barry an McCarthy and maybe someone else like Matic or Fernando.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 28, 2016, 09:49:36 PM
Reply #70

Tinga

Be interesting to see a comparison to Barry an McCarthy and maybe someone else like Matic or Fernando.

http://www.squawka.com/football-player-rankings#defensive-errors#player-stats#english-barclays-premier-league|season-2015/2016#everton#all-player-positions#16#40#0#0#90#08/08/2015#17/05/2016#season#1#all-matches#total#desc#total

They're pretty close to be honest.

July 28, 2016, 09:57:04 PM
Reply #71

Rodenplav64

I think Koeman wont be impressed with what he has seen of Gibson and Besic so far in pre season.

Barry will be 36 this season.

You would have to at least think he would be better than McCarthy and Cleverley.

I aint sure as I don't know a whole lot about him apart from the impressive stats, but if it is the player Koeman and Walsh want then I am fine with it. 

Sensible . McCarthy has become a bit injury prone , Barry is OK for 70mins , Besic I just keep expecting more and Cleverley and Gibson are injury prone and fitness prone respectably . Just a bit worried that Villa looked shit front to back and £15 million is a fair wedge .

July 28, 2016, 10:03:00 PM
Reply #72

Cozzie

Its great, but ultimately as frustrating as fuck, that its still 'reports suggest'.  Literally *nothing* is getting out the club at the minute and people are just guessing, and its both glorious for the professionalism of the club and horrible for us fans feeding off the mere slightest hint of a rumour.

Nightmare isn't it mate, I just hope the old saying "Like a bus" comes into play here, where we sign one then 2 or 3 follow quickly.

July 28, 2016, 10:03:56 PM
Reply #73

Cozzie

Sensible . McCarthy has become a bit injury prone , Barry is OK for 70mins , Besic I just keep expecting more and Cleverley and Gibson are injury prone and fitness prone respectably . Just a bit worried that Villa looked shit front to back and £15 million is a fair wedge .

£7.2M isn't it? Unless you meant someone else.

I think stats wise he was better than all of our midfielders last season and as you said, a lot of them are injury prone, I do think he will be an upgrade to what we have and also wont be the only signing we make in that area of the pitch.

July 28, 2016, 10:19:23 PM
Reply #74

christiffa25

I'm about as excited at this deal as I am about my up coming dentist visit.