January 22, 2020, 10:36:27 PM

Author Topic: Martinez gets the Belgium job  (Read 18656 times)

September 02, 2016, 06:17:19 PM
Reply #135

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Good job they were at home then

Haha well still, it's Spain!most successful international side of the last 10 years

I mean I'm fairly sure he's not going to do well there but it wouldn't have been an easy first game for him
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 02, 2016, 06:58:40 PM
Reply #136

Ross

More concerned that another game passes and Lukaku hasn't scored.

I read somewhere he's only scored 6 goals in total this calander year.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 02, 2016, 07:23:56 PM
Reply #137

Gash

Global Moderator
More concerned that another game passes and Lukaku hasn't scored.

I read somewhere he's only scored 6 goals in total this calander year.

He only played 20 odd minutes.

They'll be more concerned at only having one shot on target.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 07:24:58 PM by Gash »

September 02, 2016, 07:34:26 PM
Reply #138

Ross

He only played 20 odd minutes.

They'll be more concerned at only having one shot on target.

Well Belgiums not by concern to be honest. Lukaku's form on the other hand is and it's pretty poor this year. 
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 02, 2016, 07:52:40 PM
Reply #139

Gash

Global Moderator
Well Belgiums not by concern to be honest. Lukaku's form on the other hand is and it's pretty poor this year. 

He'll be fine. He was shite towards the end of the season a long with everyone else. He didn't have a great Euros but he's only played one 90 minute game for us since his injury so he'll be a bit rusty. Once he scores one he'll be up and running again.

He's 23 and done it for years already, a dip is to be expected from time to time but there's nothing to worry about there.

September 02, 2016, 09:50:33 PM
Reply #140

bluedub

Did anybody see poor old Martinez looking clueless on the line last night? Is way out of his depth again.How he got this job is mind shattering,what do the Belgian F.A. see in him ,  and Romelu's younger brother had a nightmare.

September 02, 2016, 09:50:55 PM
Reply #141

whirlwind82

September 02, 2016, 09:51:54 PM
Reply #142

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Did anybody see poor old Martinez looking clueless on the line last night? Is way out of his depth again.How he got this job is mind shattering,what do the Belgian F.A. see in him ,  and Romelu's younger brother had a nightmare.

To be fair on RM this guy is one of the worst footballers I've ever seen

September 02, 2016, 09:54:40 PM
Reply #143

Cozzie

It is a bizarre one isn't it?

The reason Mark Wilmots did so shite is because he couldn't get a team of very good individuals to play fluently as a team and as a unit, so that is what the next manager had excel on.

They picked quite possibly the WORST possible replacement, they will never play any differently at all for the time he is there.

I would be amazed if he even remains there for the world cup, as I doubt Belgium will even qualify with him in charge.

September 02, 2016, 09:55:14 PM
Reply #144

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
They should have gone for Ronald Koeman.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 02, 2016, 09:57:13 PM
Reply #145

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently he aced the interview.

But then he's never had a problem with talking.

Also it's said that his frosty relationship with Mirallas and Lukaku was seen as a plus because Wilmots was judged to be too close to the players.

What they don't realise is that the relationship is frosty because they think he's rubbish rather than because he's stand off-ish with the players ;)

September 02, 2016, 10:09:55 PM
Reply #146

MmmblueBernard

All that attacking talent at his disposal for him to waste with slow build up play. Grim to be Flemish.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 02, 2016, 10:11:37 PM
Reply #147

bigmanbob

They should have gone for Ronald Koeman.
  :clap:

September 02, 2016, 11:00:15 PM
Reply #148

bacon sarnie

Match report doesn't sound great

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/belgium-0-2-spain-roberto-8751280

This bit...

'At times players didn't look to fully know where they should be playing, and questions (already) will be asked of his tactics: Just who was meant to be sitting alongside Witsel? Why were the full-backs so wide? Why did the defence push so high throughout?

In his first match as an international boss, Martinez was found wanting. Certain members of the Belgian Federation could be forgiven for questioning if this is what they signed on for.'

Will he have them sorted for Cyprus? Drumroll......

September 03, 2016, 10:11:03 AM
Reply #149

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Initially I was bemused by the appointment, but on reflection I hope Belgium lose badly to Cyprus and his contract is immediately terminated.

You don't get to set our club back like he did, suffer no consequences, and just move on to a cushier gig.

Fuck him.