October 23, 2018, 03:24:14 AM

Author Topic: Captain Coleman  (Read 1426 times)

September 05, 2018, 04:23:19 PM
Reply #15

Jamokachi

I think we use injuries far too much as an excuse for players.

He was very good last season after the injury. He’s now had a full pre-season so any drop in form is because of that player, not the injury.

I'm not sure he was very good. I mean, he was good, but he was nowhere near the level he was previous. He was a beacon of light in the fog of shite is all.

September 05, 2018, 04:34:12 PM
Reply #16

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
He was good. As soon as he came back we stopped shipping goals for fun (his return also coincided with Allardyce’s reign, who in a massive shock took all the credit for the defensive improvement).

September 05, 2018, 06:05:18 PM
Reply #17

74Blue

The whole squad is currently in transition.
Coleman is not the type of player who hides when he's struggling for form, so it's even more noticeable when he's not quite at his best. Form is temporary, class is permanent. I'm sure that we will see Seamus Coleman back to his best before too long.

September 05, 2018, 06:16:21 PM
Reply #18

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Can’t agree with that, pre injury he was on fire with his assists and tirelessly bombing up and down the wing causing all sorts of problems and that’s before you take into account the goals he chipped in with.

The quality and consistancy of his crossing and passing in the final third has always been lacking.  This isn't a new thing.  He's never had the quality of delivery of Leighton Baines.  His energy getting up and down means he gets into positions to make a difference often, but he's always wasted far more chances than he is successful on but most gotten away with it because even this was better than what we had with Neville and Hibbert.
My momma says I'm special.

September 05, 2018, 07:42:44 PM
Reply #19

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
I see this thread title and instantly reminds me of my favourite cartoon character as a kid

September 05, 2018, 07:51:14 PM
Reply #20

Gary1878

Coleman will recover. He is a little out of form but that's nothing to do with the injury or captaincy in my opinion. Players go in and out of form, and he will be back to his best within a few games, I have no doubt about that.

September 05, 2018, 08:38:41 PM
Reply #21

MmmblueBernard

I see this thread title and instantly reminds me of my favourite cartoon character as a kid

Unga bunga.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 05, 2018, 09:05:47 PM
Reply #22

D15TIN

Colemans had a bad start to the season, his crossing in particular has been really poor. Im his biggest fan though, im sure he'll turn it around.

September 05, 2018, 09:10:35 PM
Reply #23

MmmblueBernard

Maybe there’s less pressure on him to produce now he fialnally has someone half decent in front of him...
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 05, 2018, 10:38:37 PM
Reply #24

gizzblue

Even on his worst day he puts half this squad to shame .....

He will be back to fulltilt soon enough .