February 20, 2018, 04:07:08 PM

Author Topic: Can't argue with this  (Read 1194 times)

February 17, 2018, 04:13:13 AM
Reply #30

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I don't bother anymore  Brownie,havn't for a long time.It wasn't the same for me when the money took over.I packed it in probably about 2003,the craic just went for me.The club was a big part of my life  for a long time,i have some fantastic memories from playing and running the line.I think jon welch was just starting with them when I knocked it on the head,would that be about right?.My nephew played for years over there you might know him as he was a member of the front row union matthew pettit.Even after all this time I still miss it a bit and I allways look out for their results.

Yeah that would be about right for Welchie. He works with me in school. Recognise the name of your nephew but I never played against Bedwas. Nice club though
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

February 17, 2018, 04:14:32 AM
Reply #31

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What the fuck are ya’ll talking about
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 17, 2018, 04:33:33 AM
Reply #32

Stumpy

Rugby brap,sorry for the threadjack.

February 17, 2018, 04:34:58 AM
Reply #33

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

Apologies
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

February 17, 2018, 05:04:18 AM
Reply #34

sam of the south

Rugby brap,sorry for the threadjack.

I liked it 👍🏼
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 17, 2018, 06:19:52 AM
Reply #35

Evertonian in NC

Feel sorry for my kids  ... I've given them both the poison chalice and neither have seen anything but shite since birth ....
Oh What a cunt I am .

My saving grace is my daughters don't take much interest in watching footy (even the one who played, and was a damned fine CB).  The only one who consistently watched Everton matches with me was the cat (who died).
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 17, 2018, 07:17:12 AM
Reply #36

Tony Clifton

My saving grace is my daughters don't take much interest in watching footy (even the one who played, and was a damned fine CB).  The only one who consistently watched Everton matches with me was the cat (who died).

Cause of death: Everton FC?

My fifteen year old son just becomes bewildered when I get going about me seeing us win stuff... 
was only off on tangent which involved the Bayern game the other night.  He toddled off to bed muttering something about Funes Mori's hair.  :(

To have experienced our "heyday" as a youngster who hadn't long set foot in Goodison now feels like a great weird dream.  Still getting over that smug-as-fuck feeling I had last time we won the league I think.   :'(

February 17, 2018, 10:44:13 AM
Reply #37

blue1948

I would take a semi final loss any day instead of  losing to the shite in the final .Worst feeling ever .The smug bastards .

February 17, 2018, 10:45:19 AM
Reply #38

blue1948

I liked it 👍🏼
Me too ,nice to read .No apologies needed .

11 hours ago
Reply #39

charlatan

Still remember the 5-0 Man U game, the Bayern game, Sheedy's twice taken free kick in the FA Cup against Ipswich, Gray's headers against Sunderland, and clinching the league against QPR like it was yesterday.  Although there was 50,000+ blues in for the QPR game (the same as Bayern), thinking about that night of Bayern Munich still sends shivers down my spine.

Can still remember before the game, as an impressionable 9 year old, being in the Black Horse with a bottle of coke and a bag of crisps, in awe of all the ex-players in there, Mark Higgins, Mick Lyons, and Fat Latch.  Never heard noise like that night, before or since (with possibly Rooney's 1st against Arsenal the only thing near to coming close)

Our club died when Rooney was sold and then the Kings Dock collapsed.  How that fat lying cunt is still in a position of power beggars belief.  Packed my season ticket in a couple of years later, 2009 season.