May 26, 2018, 05:17:37 PM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 30336 times)

August 28, 2016, 03:30:04 AM
Reply #120

montanatoffeefan

No you fuck off!

The lad's got something about him, gritty little mad fucker I think he's going to be a proper bargain.

Props for coming out so early and emphatically on this. Not to mention for getting it right.
Everton forever.

August 28, 2016, 03:30:57 AM
Reply #121

Rhys

As always need to see players over time when things don't go so well to make full judgements as in the best spells of confidence and form naisy was one of our best players and in bad times not good enough.

But brilliant first 4 games for him I do like how he uses the ball very well when he wins it back he knows when to play safe, he knows when to give it to better players and when there isn't something on he isn't afraid to try and hard forward pass. If it's tight he can take people on and he isn't half brave. He won some headers today where it looked like he was in for a sure whalloping but didn't hinder his commitment.

He doesn't slow down, he keeps pressing, he keeps tackling, he keeps passing and he keeps getting forward when he needs to and the level is the same in the first minute and the last minute.

On a wider note his pressing is great but it's really good to see the opposition under pressure constantly in our half there is barely any times when they have an easy life or settled on the ball.

August 28, 2016, 03:31:22 AM
Reply #122

MmmBlueRamirez

Gana is what we all wanted Mccarthy to be.

Crunch time for a certain Irish fella.

Settle for a squad place or move on. He's no longer 1st choice partner for Barry.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 28, 2016, 03:44:09 AM
Reply #123

van der Meyde

He always seems to be in the right place. I really can't work out how much of that is due to positioning or if he's just really quick.

At one point in the second half that when the ball was by their penalty box that he was hovering just in front of the centre circle, then quickly dropped back once it became clear they were going to launch the ball.

Was this something that was happening all game?

August 28, 2016, 03:46:05 AM
Reply #124

Bluedylan

On a wider note his pressing is great but it's really good to see the opposition under pressure constantly in our half there is barely any times when they have an easy life or settled on the ball.

It was only the last 10 minutes or so, when we went to the three at the back that we stopped putting pressure on them in wide areas, and they could look up and pick out crosses, which ties in with what GLewis was saying earlier about his concerns with the back 3 switch.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 28, 2016, 03:48:08 AM
Reply #125

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

He always seems to be in the right place. I really can't work out how much of that is due to positioning or if he's just really quick.

At one point in the second half that when the ball was by their penalty box that he was hovering just in front of the centre circle, then quickly dropped back once it became clear they were going to launch the ball.

Was this something that was happening all game?

Yeah he seems to just appear.

I think he's always looking around to see where the opposition are but also reads the game really well.

Plus point for him is that he's able to change direction really quickly.

Also being small he doesn't look like he's clumsily fouling the player on the ball. He's able  to battle away without giving cheap free kicks.

It might only be a couple of seconds but these delays really help us get in shape.

August 28, 2016, 03:58:03 AM
Reply #126

van der Meyde

Also being small he doesn't look like he's clumsily fouling the player on the ball. He's able  to battle away without giving cheap free kicks.

It might only be a couple of seconds but these delays really help us get in shape.
Said exactly the same to my dad.

I haven't been overly worried about deep crosses coming into the box because the defensive line has usually been organised and set. I suspect the hassling played a role in that.

August 28, 2016, 06:58:11 AM
Reply #127

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Early days as others have said,  but so far confirmation if it were needed that Villa fans are fucking morons. Most were happy to see him go!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 06:58:31 AM by Ell Capitan »

August 28, 2016, 12:05:10 PM
Reply #128

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Early days as others have said,  but so far confirmation if it were needed that Villa fans are fucking morons. Most were happy to see him go!

To be fair if he played in the same style that he does for us but without other players backing him up or being generally compact, he'd often have left massive gaps in behind him which of the ball was worked around him would be easy to expose.

Given how useless Villa were I can see that could have happened quite a lot!

August 28, 2016, 04:54:00 PM
Reply #129

efcforlife

If you hadn't wrote "so far" that would of been the most ironic statement I have ever read.

He has played a few games, who is more qualified to access him? You or the villa fans?

The lad is doing well but I've seen proof of everything the villa fans accused him off.

Time will tell but what a positive start from the lad
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 04:54:54 PM by efcforlife »

August 28, 2016, 04:56:10 PM
Reply #130

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Props for coming out so early and emphatically on this. Not to mention for getting it right.

Throw enough shit and some of it sticks

August 28, 2016, 05:31:17 PM
Reply #131

KoemansNumberTens

If you hadn't wrote "so far" that would of been the most ironic statement I have ever read.

He has played a few games, who is more qualified to access him? You or the villa fans?

The lad is doing well but I've seen proof of everything the villa fans accused him off.

Time will tell but what a positive start from the lad

Proof of what? Early days but I don't give a shit. He's worldclass at what he does. I'd decided after the friendly (was it against Betis) it's not any individual thing. He just wins the ball more often than seems normal.
He's a great player

August 28, 2016, 05:35:01 PM
Reply #132

Ross

Fuck me people going full on Kopite with some of these posts in here and the Holgate thread.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 28, 2016, 05:39:02 PM
Reply #133

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
World class is a bit far like.

He's played very well and does look like he can be a great player for us, but again, lets calm it a tad.

August 28, 2016, 05:40:32 PM
Reply #134

KoemansNumberTens

Fuck me people going full on Kopite with some of these posts in here and the Holgate thread.

I think he's a great player. I don't often join in. I'm normally very negative about most of them.
I've seen him play 4 times and he wins the ball as if there's 2 of him, he links play well, he runs with it well (all be it he's been caught on it a couple of times) I don't think all our players are great. I've suggested we sell all of them probably. This lad though is absolutely top draw. He's a class act. Well assuming this isn't some sort of miracle form (which last years stats suggest it isn't)