May 22, 2018, 10:31:16 PM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 30138 times)

December 06, 2016, 05:19:26 PM
Reply #345

BlueBeagle

Gattuso was shite

December 06, 2016, 06:03:01 PM
Reply #346

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

December 06, 2016, 07:09:02 PM
Reply #347

AllyBlue14

So just because he runs around and has an engine and makes a tackle/interception he is a hero now is he? Typical modern day Everton fan philosophy.

He's been playing well and is decent at what he does but nothing more. He does not set up or score goals or spot a pass. To be top 4 that's what we need. Leicester got Kante for 3m less than we got Gana and Kante is twice the player Gana is.

I like the lad quite a bit but lets say it how it is  - to be frank he is fucking limited. Gareth Barry who I have little time for has more intelligence on the pitch than this guy who is the wrong end of his 20s.

You often come up with something that divides the crowd (and that's being generous), Thomas, but this has flagged you up as a wum.

In your eyes, it'd be better to have a team of van der Meydes and Drenthes with all the talent in the world but not nearly the work rate or consistency to make it viable. We'd all love to have flair in every position but it just can't happen - there isn't a successful team in world football where that's the case, even Barcelona. And as has been pointed out, the sort of players that are able to perform more consistently probably have better options on the table than Everton.

I don't know what more you want from Gueye, he's been our stand-out player this season. And the stats would suggest he's out-performing Kanté. I can think of at least 2 goals he's contributed to this season (crossing to Lukaku v. Sunderland and winning the penalty on Sunday) and I haven't really seen many of the matches. And when he didn't play against Chelsea, we lost 5-0. Obviously we can't solely attribute it to that but it can't have helped.

People's frustration with the flair players is their lack of consistency - why can they produce it one week and not the next? For Stones and Lukaku, again as has been said before, this was coupled with them basically saying they were too good for us (which may be true, but it's not cool taking it to the media).

There's just no foundation to what you're saying! Which is why I think you come on here to be contrary.

December 07, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
Reply #348

KoemansNumberTens

Gueye is top of the lists for the things he needs to be doing. Wasn't stones top for most defensive errors last season? You're comparing night to day. It's not flair vs workmanlike. It's great vs a bit shite (at least in performance)
Lets compare like for like. People don't have a problem with players of the style of Barkley and stones. People have a problem cos they are doing shite. Gueye is doing exceptionally well. We'd all probably swap him for hazard though. You know a flair player that's doing exceptionally well rather than 1 who's doing the square route of fuck all

December 07, 2016, 01:22:49 AM
Reply #349

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
So just because he runs around and has an engine and makes a tackle/interception he is a hero now is he? Typical modern day Everton fan philosophy.

He's been playing well and is decent at what he does but nothing more. He does not set up or score goals or spot a pass. To be top 4 that's what we need. Leicester got Kante for 3m less than we got Gana and Kante is twice the player Gana is.

I like the lad quite a bit but lets say it how it is  - to be frank he is fucking limited. Gareth Barry who I have little time for has more intelligence on the pitch than this guy who is the wrong end of his 20s.

Off your head pal. Belong in the bin with your Scott Brown shouts.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 07, 2016, 01:45:22 AM
Reply #350

Simon Paul

Administrator
Gueye is a better version of Phil Neville, who was boss at what he did and nothing else

Every team needs a spoiler, someone who can break up what the opposition do and give the ball to someone good, which is what Neville did and what Gueye does - the main difference with Gueye is that he can also do a bit with the ball every now and then.

He's one of the few at the club who should be kept around at the moment.

December 07, 2016, 02:28:59 AM
Reply #351

howard1334

Gueye is a better version of Phil Neville, who was boss at what he did and nothing else

Every team needs a spoiler, someone who can break up what the opposition do and give the ball to someone good, which is what Neville did and what Gueye does - the main difference with Gueye is that he can also do a bit with the ball every now and then.

He's one of the few at the club who should be kept around at the moment.

Your are undervaluing Gueye. Phil Neville never came close to putting up the sort of defensive numbers that Gueye does, nor was he able to cover so much of the field.

December 07, 2016, 02:33:47 AM
Reply #352

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Gueye's a little Lee Carsley

December 07, 2016, 03:26:49 AM
Reply #353

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
We have our very own Reg Shoe :)

Reg is less annoying
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 07, 2016, 07:25:37 AM
Reply #354

Jamokachi

Gattuso was shite

What a fucking ridiculous statement

July 21, 2017, 03:55:26 PM
Reply #355

Jamokachi

Look at him. The sexy specimen.

July 21, 2017, 04:35:05 PM
Reply #356

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

Look at him. The sexy specimen.

Him and Morgs are my faves
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 21, 2017, 04:41:11 PM
Reply #357

Jamokachi

Him and Morgs are my faves

Ebony, and ivoryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

July 21, 2017, 04:51:31 PM
Reply #358

Lxxx

I was impressed in how much energy he showed getting forward the other day. I don't know whether it's because it's pre season and he's fresh/it was against poor opposition/whether Koeman has challenged him to deliver more than just his bread and butter, which is impressive enough anyway, but he was attempting to influence play a lot more. Maybe competition is just healthy for everyone.

July 21, 2017, 05:26:11 PM
Reply #359

ally2

I'd sort of forgotten how good our Gana was last season. He was good all season but the first three months in particular he was EXCEPTIONAL.