October 23, 2018, 04:10:48 PM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 34961 times)

July 21, 2017, 05:36:52 PM
Reply #360

gizzblue

Statistically the best in his position last year ....the lad is awesome ....not even  Kante can sniff at his stats 😅

July 21, 2017, 05:37:11 PM
Reply #361

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Flapped when I saw this thread had been bumped.

July 22, 2017, 12:05:16 AM
Reply #362

KoemansNumberTens

African nations is in the summer from now on. An extra month of gueye every 2 years

February 05, 2018, 05:14:06 PM
Reply #363

Waltzer

As much as I dont want to agree with Barton I think I do to a certain extent on this occasion, Gueye makes himself look busy by running everywhere but ive said it before, I think he leaves huge holes in the team as hes never where he should be and this cause everyone else to get exposed. Hes not the biggest problem but someone does need to tell him where he needs to play.

Joey Barton has told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, which was broadcast on TalkSPORT on 5th February, that Everton midfielder Idrissa Gueye is braindead.

Gueye was selected to start in Everton’s last match, as they were beaten 5-1 by Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium.

And Barton has hammered the central midfielder, as he believes Gueye has no positional sense.

“Idrissa Gueye. Remember when kids were on the play ground and they all chase after the ball, and then somebody runs off because a crisp packet blows across the play ground and he’s braindead? That’s Gueye. I think Schneiderlin is terrible, but it doesn’t help having him alongside him because the amount of times he vacates the middle of the park,” Barton raged.

“Evertonians tell me he’s a good player, I can’t have it.”

Gueye was one of the worst players on the pitch, as Everton suffered a humiliating defeat against Arsenal.

The Toffees were absolutely horrendous, as Arsenal picked up a comfortable three points. The Gunners tore Sam Allardyce’s side apart time after time, with Everton’s defensive play absolutely awful.

Everton have won just once in their last nine matches, with the pressure seriously building on Allardyce.

Everton are now in 10th place in the Premier League standings, but they still sit seven points above the drop zone, with the Merseyside outfit looking likely to finish in mid-table this term.

February 05, 2018, 05:23:36 PM
Reply #364

KoemansNumberTens

Think he'd do a lot better if they were all pressing. He's just chasing shadows on his own

February 05, 2018, 05:53:05 PM
Reply #365

kramer0

Gana's been doing well when asked to sit back as a lone DM. But when you give him extra protection in midfield, he does tend to go chasing the ball everywhere.

There's a simple solution to this...

February 05, 2018, 06:23:04 PM
Reply #366

plumber

Gana's been doing well when asked to sit back as a lone DM.

Not really. He's got his merits but is  a poor DM. He needs a proper defensive midfielder along with him, ideally the one who can pass a ball (like Schneiderlin when he was not shit).

February 05, 2018, 06:49:57 PM
Reply #367

Lxxx

Not really. He's got his merits but is  a poor DM. He needs a proper defensive midfielder along with him, ideally the one who can pass a ball (like Schneiderlin when he was not shit).

No he doesn't as that would totally unbalance the side, as how would we ever mount an attack with one guy sitting and another haring around all over the place chasing the ball. He needs to be the one playing with discipline and another next to him with the ability to see the game and either move through midfield with the ball or play a little further forward and be able to manipulate the ball, not be sat on the centre halves toes trying to do it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 06:51:19 PM by Lxxx »

February 05, 2018, 09:30:42 PM
Reply #368

kramer0

We're fine progressing the ball with Gana and two attack-minded midfielders in the middle. It's not perfect but it works.

We're better defensively too. It's helps to have someone as quick as he is protecting the space in front of the defense, which we have a bad habit of leaving open.

February 05, 2018, 09:43:09 PM
Reply #369

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Gana chasing crisp packets whilst Barton chases beak wraps.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 05, 2018, 11:42:00 PM
Reply #370

Ravardo

Gana's made double the tackles schniederlin has and also 9 more than kante,,he's made 300 more passes than snides and 90 more recoveries and 6 more recoveries than kante...joey barton dont half talk shit sometimes
How bad schniederlin is compared to gana is shocking

February 05, 2018, 11:45:24 PM
Reply #371

Heisenberg

You can't play the pressing game with just one player. I feel sorry for him he'd be great at a well managed team

February 05, 2018, 11:45:51 PM
Reply #372

Deano Blue Boy

Surely you could of started a new thread

February 05, 2018, 11:52:58 PM
Reply #373

gizzblue

Joey Barton talking absolute shit .....and the world keeps turning, the sky is blue , cancer kills ,poor get poorer .
As is the norm .😅😅

February 05, 2018, 11:55:10 PM
Reply #374

Tony Clifton

Not having that thug, the shithouse bully, calling anyone brain dead, sorry.