October 24, 2018, 03:24:04 AM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 34978 times)

February 06, 2018, 07:26:03 AM
Reply #390

bluestevie

Are you seriously arguing Aaron Ramsey is not as good as Gana? I get you tried to make the point about perception vs reality with the Fellani example but I still think your doing what Tory ministers do when told the NHS is in crisis yet the use stats to dispute this  .

What Evertonians essentially do is use stats to defend a reasonably priced car. I'll hold my hands up and say Stevie that sure, my contentions dont suit the stats. But data based analysis isn't always the best method. I mean, we can all see that with how our 'sports scientist' obssessed coach cant judge a player at all.

Where did I say Ramsey was better or worse than Gana? Ramsey is a great player, someone I'd love to see in the royal blue but that may have passed now that he's back to being a regular in the Arsenal team.
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

February 06, 2018, 08:09:37 AM
Reply #391

Jamokachi

Gana is far from crap and "braindead". He's a spoiler, and a damned good one. But, he is very limited with the ball. That has to be accepted, and it's why he's at the top of his level... rather than someone like Kante who does both roles. There's a reason we got Gana for 7m, and for that he's an absolute bargain. He's not someone who will take us to the next level though.

February 06, 2018, 08:15:09 AM
Reply #392

Thomas

Gana is far from crap and "braindead". He's a spoiler, and a damned good one. But, he is very limited with the ball. That has to be accepted, and it's why he's at the top of his level... rather than someone like Kante who does both roles. There's a reason we got Gana for 7m, and for that he's an absolute bargain. He's not someone who will take us to the next level though.

Probably a fairer way of what I said earlier. (That isn't taking anything away from this point either Jamo)

February 06, 2018, 08:49:51 AM
Reply #393

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hes simply a better version of Carsley. His stats are very good but hes never going to be a top 4 player. If we want to compete we do need better but as a squad player at that stage is perfect.

He and Schneiderlin should never play together though.
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

February 06, 2018, 10:52:41 AM
Reply #394

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Oh look, Thomas has a go at Everton fans once again. Great.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos l Everton!

February 06, 2018, 01:23:11 PM
Reply #395

Waltzer

Wasnt the reason we got him for 7m cause he had a relegation clause, nothing to do with his ability? Gana is okay, but hes nowhere near good enough to take us to the next level, without being too disrespectful he'd have fitted in okay in the dogs of war era when it was blood and thunder, now a little more is expected

February 06, 2018, 02:06:56 PM
Reply #396

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I wish our management DID use stats, not convinced big sam’s reputation for sports science is everything people seem to think it is. Hence why we keep buying players ill-suited to the league and to our set up!

Not going to get into thomas’ monthly evertonians-are-philistines-who-don’t-understand-football-like-me diatribe, as we’ve all been there before.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 06, 2018, 03:11:23 PM
Reply #397

Jamokachi

Wasnt the reason we got him for 7m cause he had a relegation clause, nothing to do with his ability?

It's one and the same though, isn't it. If he was deemed to be a top, top player that clause would have been much greater.

February 06, 2018, 03:18:42 PM
Reply #398

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Gana isn't crap. Some of his attributes are the best in the league. If we can get him to stay infront of the back 4 breaking up play, then there's hardly anyone better in that role.

Just because he's not the complete midfielder doesn't mean he's not a great DM.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 06, 2018, 03:19:46 PM
Reply #399

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I don't see the relevance of his price tag?

He's a good player and is coming in for criticism now because it's his turn. People have got sick of slagging off Williams and Morgan and the others so let's turn our attention to Pickford and Gana.

February 06, 2018, 03:20:45 PM
Reply #400

Toddacelli

I haven't been in this thread since page 21 - everyone was doing backflips and he was described as the perfect player - so imagine my surprise when I skip to the end of the thread and he's shit.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 06, 2018, 03:27:33 PM
Reply #401

Jamokachi

I don't see the relevance of his price tag?

He's a good player and is coming in for criticism now because it's his turn. People have got sick of slagging off Williams and Morgan and the others so let's turn our attention to Pickford and Gana.

Well the price is relevant (to a degree) because it's a barometer against his peers.

Just to be clear, I love the lad. Think he's superb at what he does and has been a great addition. He has flaws in his game, which are evident when he has time on the ball. Nothing wrong with admitting a player has a weakness to their game, no matter how good they are.

February 06, 2018, 03:36:45 PM
Reply #402

Lxxx

Gana - Rooney - Davies should be the midfield three from now until the end of the season. You could maybe ask Klaassan to slot in if we're gonna give him another chance but they dovetail and complement each others game well. Gana looks more comfortable too.

February 06, 2018, 03:38:59 PM
Reply #403

boothill

He's simply a better version of Carsley. His stats are very good but he's never going to be a top 4 player. If we want to compete we do need better but as a squad player at that stage is perfect.

He and Schneiderlin should never play together though.
no no no no no, no no no, sorry blarg , but no, just no, njet, nine non.

February 06, 2018, 03:39:33 PM
Reply #404

Jamokachi

Oh, and I certainly don't agree with Barton's analogy (kid with a crisp packet). That's not the weak part to his game. Hunting out the ball, and being that 'spoiler' is exactly what he's great at.