October 22, 2018, 04:33:34 AM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 34894 times)

August 14, 2016, 09:51:35 PM
Read 34894 times

74Blue

In the current market, 7m is a real bargain. He looks full of energy and not afraid to get stuck in. With Ashley Williams sat behind him marshalling our back four, we should be much more difficult to break down this season.
I'm quite happy with this particular signing. He looks to be exactly what we wanted James McCarthy to be, an out and out destroyer.

August 18, 2016, 02:45:04 PM
Reply #1

74Blue

If he's going to be used as a destroyer, just in front of the back four, his distribution doesn't necessarily have to be anything special. His primary job is to screen the defence, neutralise opposition attacks and put us back on the front foot. If he throws a tackle in, wins the ball and then gives it straight to the nearest team-mate, moving back into space to receive it back if need be, it's more or less job done. He doesn't have to spray accurate 30/40 yard passes all over the pitch all game, a simple 4/5 yard pass will suffice.

August 18, 2016, 10:54:21 PM
Reply #2

74Blue

i absolutely he'sree like - but isn't this what james mccarthy does?

OK gana seems to be a better tackler / closing down but nobody ever questioned McCarthy's legs or tackling, it's what he can do on the ball.

So when we're dominating a game, but drawing 0-0 and gana plays a couple of these 4 yarders back and forth - i hope we're patient enough to understand different players have different jobs.

failing that I hope we lash bolassie on and win 4-3
James McCarthy has not improved at all in the three years he has been here. If anything, he's actually regressed.

August 28, 2016, 07:54:41 PM
Reply #3

74Blue

He'd be an absolute nightmare to play against. He just does not give you any space or time, and you just know the tackle is coming in sooner rather than later and he's not going to let you past without a fight.