September 21, 2019, 08:50:25 PM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 44682 times)

August 28, 2016, 02:55:37 AM
Read 44682 times

KoemansNumberTens

I don't get the shouts that he's not overly good on the ball. He plays some clever short passes, links play, picks it up and runs with it too. He starts a lot of our attacks. He's not gonna get a bagful of assists but he's been good on the ball
Wouldn't sell him for 30m with what I've seen. Honestly (and yes it's early days) think he may turn out to be worldclass. He just wins the ball more than a player should.
Our transfer business as a whole has been fantastic. We wanted more but the 4 we got 42m is brilliant work

August 28, 2016, 05:31:17 PM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

If you hadn't wrote "so far" that would of been the most ironic statement I have ever read.

He has played a few games, who is more qualified to access him? You or the villa fans?

The lad is doing well but I've seen proof of everything the villa fans accused him off.

Time will tell but what a positive start from the lad

Proof of what? Early days but I don't give a shit. He's worldclass at what he does. I'd decided after the friendly (was it against Betis) it's not any individual thing. He just wins the ball more often than seems normal.
He's a great player

August 28, 2016, 05:40:32 PM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

Fuck me people going full on Kopite with some of these posts in here and the Holgate thread.

I think he's a great player. I don't often join in. I'm normally very negative about most of them.
I've seen him play 4 times and he wins the ball as if there's 2 of him, he links play well, he runs with it well (all be it he's been caught on it a couple of times) I don't think all our players are great. I've suggested we sell all of them probably. This lad though is absolutely top draw. He's a class act. Well assuming this isn't some sort of miracle form (which last years stats suggest it isn't)

August 29, 2016, 07:47:38 PM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

Well we do go a bit kopite on here at times with going overboard about players. He may well prove to be great but some of the shouts are a bit OTT.

Are they? On him? Been great every game. His stats were great last season. It's a reasonable assumption he might be great.
Someone like deulofeu who to be frank is largely shit is still talked about on here like he's a star. Lukaku who is shite 20 times a season is the complete striker
This lad will for me prove to be comfortably our best player. He's great. Not great once in 5 so you could make a good YouTube video. He's a top player
He's a normal persons phenomenal

September 13, 2016, 07:33:44 PM
Reply #4

KoemansNumberTens

We should probably just give him all our end of season awards now. He's genuinely worldclass. Love him

September 18, 2016, 02:02:01 AM
Reply #5

KoemansNumberTens

He's worldclass. Knew it from minute 2 of the Betis friendly (after the wild penalty) he just wins the ball back more than seems possible
How shit must villa have been to get about 20 points in a season with him in their team.

September 18, 2016, 02:38:48 AM
Reply #6

KoemansNumberTens

Stopped reading this after your comment that Delafeu is shit and Lukaku is shit 20 times a season.

Was right though wasn't I. He's a top top player and comfortably our best. Even balotelli has scored a couple this season. My wisdom has no bounds

September 18, 2016, 10:38:11 PM
Reply #7

KoemansNumberTens

Which was everyone on here. Bar none. No-one saw this coming, despite what they may claim after the event.

Wasn't everyone. There were loads who had no clue but were a little excited by his stats

September 18, 2016, 11:33:48 PM
Reply #8

KoemansNumberTens

Would villa had got a point without him. Hard to understand how a side with him in it could be as bad as villa were. Though saying that they are near the bottom of the championship without him
If pogba had put these performances in people would be saying he was justifying the 90m fee. So far he's been "can play for anyone" good.

December 06, 2016, 04:19:51 PM
Reply #9

KoemansNumberTens

How about people give their constant state of denial a rest?

Thats another problem with the likes of you @Lxxx and some of our fans - fingers in the ears and 'sit down shut up' with anything they disagree with.

The fact is we love limited players like Gana and Ashley Williams and ones who cannot get into a Norwich team like Naismith,  but have no time for John Stones, Ross Barkley etc who get the height of abuse.

I respect AW and Gana but unlike some of our fans I'm prepared to acknowledge just how completely limited they are and how signing and not improving on them will not get us in the top 4.

The fact is we have a shit team and all's we are doing for a comfort blanket is looking for a chink of light and alls Gana has done is looked half interested. Thats the bare minimum I expect from an Everton player.

Gueye does his job brilliantly. Stones and Barkley often don't do their job

Gueye is a fantastic player. Stones is a defender who can't actually defend very well.

December 07, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
Reply #10

KoemansNumberTens

Gueye is top of the lists for the things he needs to be doing. Wasn't stones top for most defensive errors last season? You're comparing night to day. It's not flair vs workmanlike. It's great vs a bit shite (at least in performance)
Lets compare like for like. People don't have a problem with players of the style of Barkley and stones. People have a problem cos they are doing shite. Gueye is doing exceptionally well. We'd all probably swap him for hazard though. You know a flair player that's doing exceptionally well rather than 1 who's doing the square route of fuck all

July 22, 2017, 12:05:16 AM
Reply #11

KoemansNumberTens

African nations is in the summer from now on. An extra month of gueye every 2 years

February 05, 2018, 05:23:36 PM
Reply #12

KoemansNumberTens

Think he'd do a lot better if they were all pressing. He's just chasing shadows on his own