August 25, 2019, 12:33:16 AM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 43894 times)

September 13, 2016, 07:14:06 PM
Reply #165

Trowel

Didn't he sign before Walsh was brought in?
Walsh signed on 21st July, and Di Matteo said we triggered Gueye's release on 29th July. Pretty sure we were alreadu linked with him before Walsh was confirmed, but the Echo ran a piece saying that Walsh gave Koeman the push to seal the deal which seems likely:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/how-everton-new-man-steve-11696160

The Mail have a piece today crediting Walsh with Gueye's signing also:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3787115/Idrissa-Gueye-cost-Everton-7m-Leicester-wanted-signed-N-Golo-Kante-Steve-Walsh-unearthed-diamond.html
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

September 13, 2016, 07:33:44 PM
Reply #166

KoemansNumberTens

We should probably just give him all our end of season awards now. He's genuinely worldclass. Love him

September 13, 2016, 07:49:36 PM
Reply #167

Thomas

I like the way he is also good offensively, and being allowed more licence to press/win balls/make passes/attacks higher up the pitch.
Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

September 13, 2016, 07:52:12 PM
Reply #168

Heisenberg

Worrying about the africa cup of nations already

September 13, 2016, 08:25:35 PM
Reply #169

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Did Senegal qualify?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 13, 2016, 08:44:31 PM
Reply #170

Lxxx

I know. No Niasse for a month.

September 13, 2016, 11:46:19 PM
Reply #171

sirblue57

I know. No Niasse for a month.

cunt, just laughed so hard made the Mrs jump. now she wants to talk......you bastard  :headbang:
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

September 14, 2016, 06:55:49 PM
Reply #172

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

September 14, 2016, 06:58:41 PM
Reply #173

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
love Barry so much. wish he was younger so we had more time together.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

September 15, 2016, 07:35:30 PM
Reply #174

Bluedylan

Really good piece on Gana, with some statistical analysis of what he brings:

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/6PO9aIBjP0W4vV9Na-PJMw/Show/Gueye-a-Vital-Cog-in-Evertons-Unbeaten-Machine

Some of the highlights being:

- Most tackles in the Prem so far (23, 4 more than the next player)
- His total passes have increased markedly each game (38, 54, 65, 106)
- Remarkably, his passing accuracy has increased significantly, the more passes he's made (81.6%, 88.9%, 90.8%, 95.3%)
- Key passes have also gone up each game (0, 1, 2, 3)
- 120 touches in the Sunderland game was the second highest by any player in the Prem this season, in a single game.

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 15, 2016, 07:59:17 PM
Reply #175

kramer0

This is only tangentially related to the thread topic but... have Cleverley and Gibson picked up knocks in training or is Tom Davies just straight-up beating them out for a spot in the matchday squad?

September 15, 2016, 08:14:31 PM
Reply #176

Bluedylan

This is only tangentially related to the thread topic but... have Cleverley and Gibson picked up knocks in training or is Tom Davies just straight-up beating them out for a spot in the matchday squad?

Big Ronald just said Cleverley is fit, but didn't make the 18 on Monday, so Davies is ahead of him. Dunno about Gibson, but I'd like to think the same.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 15, 2016, 08:16:32 PM
Reply #177

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Unsurprisingly it seems Gibson is injured.

I suppose re Davies vs Cleverley we needed a more defensively minded CM option with no McCarthy.

September 15, 2016, 08:39:31 PM
Reply #178

minty

Really good piece on Gana, with some statistical analysis of what he brings:

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/6PO9aIBjP0W4vV9Na-PJMw/Show/Gueye-a-Vital-Cog-in-Evertons-Unbeaten-Machine

Some of the highlights being:

- Most tackles in the Prem so far (23, 4 more than the next player)
- His total passes have increased markedly each game (38, 54, 65, 106)
- Remarkably, his passing accuracy has increased significantly, the more passes he's made (81.6%, 88.9%, 90.8%, 95.3%)
- Key passes have also gone up each game (0, 1, 2, 3)
- 120 touches in the Sunderland game was the second highest by any player in the Prem this season, in a single game.

Koeman obviously saw something positive in training. It was more like last season with Barry very deep , even dropping into a back three at times which allowed Gana to get further forward. In previous games they were either both sitting just in front of back 4 or Gana was the deeper of the two.

September 15, 2016, 08:43:49 PM
Reply #179

hill135

So with that trajectory we can expect him to make 38 key passes on the last day of the season :smug: