September 18, 2019, 12:06:35 PM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 44505 times)

September 18, 2016, 07:18:58 PM
Reply #15

Bluedylan

Yes a bit of it was mine but thats footy . Better than making out you knew he was the nads though .

Don't think one person made out he was boss. No-one knew him or had really watched him. It was more 'give him a chance at least, Koeman and Walsh want him and his stats looks excellent'.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 18, 2016, 10:18:01 PM
Reply #16

Bluedylan

Which was everyone on here. Bar none. No-one saw this coming, despite what they may claim after the event.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54583.0

Mostly quite positive apart from one or two of the usual suspects:

I'm about as excited at this deal as I am about my up coming dentist visit.

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

September 18, 2016, 10:27:11 PM
Reply #17

Bluedylan

It doesn't really matter who "called it" or who thought he would be bad. Credibility on here is overrated. We all get some right and get some wrong. So it goes.

Bottom line here: Gana is a good player. We all win. Simple.

You're right that we all get some wrong (I once vehemently called for us to get Bony rather than Lukaku, for example).

But it's still funny to read back on some comments. I think @efcforlife 's is my favourite:

I'm sorry but right now Gana isn't even close to keeping Mcarthy or Barry out the team.

Are you people having a fucking laugh.

He has played one season of premier league football in a team that got walked all over(the midfield especially so).

He is a decent footballer but that's it, he has the potential to become better but the signing is one of the most pointless I've ever seen whilst following Everton.

Even if we consider potential, he is older than Mcarthy and Besic.

Panic buy, squad filler

FACT

September 21, 2016, 04:21:47 AM
Reply #18

Bluedylan

Found out where the 'Gana' part of his name comes from.

Julien Laurens, a French football journalist, was saying that his name is Idrissa Gueye, nothing more. Gana is something that he put on his shirt as a tribute to his granddad who died a few years ago, who was himself called 'Gana'.