December 19, 2018, 05:00:29 AM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 38597 times)

September 18, 2016, 01:02:02 PM
Reply #255

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I'm never asking a Villa fan for their opinion on anything again.

September 18, 2016, 02:11:42 PM
Reply #256

Nicco

At first I thought what an under whelming signing.

Then thought oh...he's pretty handy, good squad addition.

Then changed to, actually he's pretty good and quite important to the team.

Now, it's like oh my fucking god!! He's a worldie, how the fuck will we manage without him!

Unbelievable at £7M
I wrote in the match day thread that it was time for a apotheosis. Do we know if Everton arrange such ceremonies?

I mean why else would have a church in our stadium?
Jönköpings Södra IF

September 18, 2016, 02:29:11 PM
Reply #257

Deano Blue Boy

I thought of a song for him, it goes along to the same tune as the Fellaini song

"We love Idrissa, because he is big and strong, we love Idrissa, because he can go all night long, we love Idrissa, we want to be Gueye too"

Reckon it'll click on?

September 18, 2016, 02:30:53 PM
Reply #258

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I wrote in the match day thread that it was time for a apotheosis. Do we know if Everton arrange such ceremonies?

I mean why else would have a church in our stadium?

Surely it should happen in a cathedral or now we are friends with Pappa Frank over in the Vatican, in the Sistine Chapel
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 18, 2016, 02:46:42 PM
Reply #259

Paddockoldie

What a find. Think he's the perfect foil for the midfield we have. He reminds me of a rock hard Piennar with the work rate and lovely touches. He passes a ball so precisely. Made up with him... and us.

September 18, 2016, 02:58:45 PM
Reply #260

Bluedylan

Not trying to sell him or even contemplate selling him, honest, but imagine what he'd be worth now. I think you'd be starting at £30m minimum.

Basically, if Steve Walsh never signs another gem on the cheap, he's already more than paid for himself.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 03:25:40 PM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 18, 2016, 03:03:20 PM
Reply #261

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
What a find. Think he's the perfect foil for the midfield we have. He reminds me of a rock hard Piennar with the work rate and lovely touches. He passes a ball so precisely. Made up with him... and us.
Oh be careful with that comparison. Last time it was made the poster was somehow accused of racism.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 18, 2016, 03:21:27 PM
Reply #262

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Not trying to sell him or even contemplate selling him, honest, but imagine what he'd be worth now. I think you'd be starting at £30m minimum.

Basically, if Steve Walsh never signs another gem on the cheap, he's already more than paid for himself and more.
The other way around, if we'd paid £40m for him in the summer you'd still be impressed with how good he's been and think we've got a bargain.
My momma says I'm special.

September 18, 2016, 03:29:14 PM
Reply #263

Paddockoldie

Oh be careful with that comparison. Last time it was made the poster was somehow accused of racism.

Iz dat coz I iz white? Racism shouldn't be about colour but it seems to be. But let's leave it there.

September 18, 2016, 03:31:21 PM
Reply #264

BlueBeagle

I thought of a song for him, it goes along to the same tune as the Fellaini song

"We love Idrissa, because he is big and strong, we love Idrissa, because he can go all night long, we love Idrissa, we want to be Gueye too"

Reckon it'll click on?

No

September 18, 2016, 06:30:16 PM
Reply #265

Rodenplav64

Cracking little player and the last thing I would have done is sign someone from villa . McCarthy made a massive impact in season 1 with us but Gueye seems to have so much more awareness of the whole pitch . Loved the fact that at 3-1 up he was into a tackle on the final whistle .

September 18, 2016, 06:49:50 PM
Reply #266

Gash

Global Moderator
Remember the fume from people moaning that all we'd spent was £7m on a relegated Villa player.  :snigger:

September 18, 2016, 06:59:31 PM
Reply #267

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
It's interesting, the last 2 games he's frequently been further forward positionally than before, generally further down the pitch than Barry.

Wonder if that's Koeman wanting us to pose more attacking threat against weaker teams, and trusting Gueye to get back when he needs to, or if it's more that he's seeing more and more the attacking qualities that Gueye can bring.

September 18, 2016, 07:02:05 PM
Reply #268

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It's interesting, the last 2 games he's frequently been further forward positionally than before, generally further down the pitch than Barry.

Wonder if that's Koeman wanting us to pose more attacking threat against weaker teams, and trusting Gueye to get back when he needs to, or if it's more that he's seeing more and more the attacking qualities that Gueye can bring.

He certainly has the energy and pace. He seems more omnipresent than god himself.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 18, 2016, 07:16:13 PM
Reply #269

Rodenplav64

Remember the fume from people moaning that all we'd spent was £7m on a relegated Villa player.  :snigger:

Yes a bit of it was mine but thats footy . Better than making out you knew he was the nads though .