August 22, 2019, 04:18:29 PM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 43814 times)

September 18, 2016, 10:19:33 PM
Reply #285

Lxxx

No it wasn't.

Happy to be proved wrong if someone can show me evidence that they called the signing a master stroke at the time. If they did they get my utmost respect.

September 18, 2016, 10:22:00 PM
Reply #286

kramer0

It doesn't really matter who "called it" or who thought he would be bad. Credibility on here is overrated. We all get some right and get some wrong. So it goes.

Bottom line here: Gana is a good player. We all win. Simple.

September 18, 2016, 10:25:57 PM
Reply #287

Gash

Global Moderator
Happy to be proved wrong if someone can show me evidence that they called the signing a master stroke at the time. If they did they get my utmost respect.

That's not what I said though, I didn't say anyone claimed it as a masterstroke. It was a light hearted comment about the handful of people who moaned that we bought a Villa player and despite having a billionaire were only spending 7m on a player. It wasn't intended to become a big topic of conversation to be honest.

September 18, 2016, 10:27:11 PM
Reply #288

Bluedylan

It doesn't really matter who "called it" or who thought he would be bad. Credibility on here is overrated. We all get some right and get some wrong. So it goes.

Bottom line here: Gana is a good player. We all win. Simple.

You're right that we all get some wrong (I once vehemently called for us to get Bony rather than Lukaku, for example).

But it's still funny to read back on some comments. I think @efcforlife 's is my favourite:

I'm sorry but right now Gana isn't even close to keeping Mcarthy or Barry out the team.

Are you people having a fucking laugh.

He has played one season of premier league football in a team that got walked all over(the midfield especially so).

He is a decent footballer but that's it, he has the potential to become better but the signing is one of the most pointless I've ever seen whilst following Everton.

Even if we consider potential, he is older than Mcarthy and Besic.

Panic buy, squad filler

FACT

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 18, 2016, 10:36:49 PM
Reply #289

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
The joys of any forum is that if you stay long enough then you are destined to make a twat of yourself at some point. Some of us manage it more often than others mind.

September 18, 2016, 10:38:11 PM
Reply #290

KoemansNumberTens

Which was everyone on here. Bar none. No-one saw this coming, despite what they may claim after the event.

Wasn't everyone. There were loads who had no clue but were a little excited by his stats

September 18, 2016, 10:48:05 PM
Reply #291

Lxxx

The guy is a star anyway. I don't think I've seen a new player turn in 5 man of the match performances in a row from debut but he churns them out one after the other.
We may see a dip in form once his batteries start to fade but then again he looks like he's fitted with a self charging generator. Love him already.

September 18, 2016, 11:03:12 PM
Reply #292

hill135

I never call anything wrong.

I literally have a 100 percent track record.

September 18, 2016, 11:08:59 PM
Reply #293

kramer0

I never call anything wrong.

I literally have a 100 percent track record.

Definitely don't look at the Euro 2016 thread if you want to believe this.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 11:09:20 PM by kramer0 »

September 18, 2016, 11:14:09 PM
Reply #294

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

I texted how great I thought he was Jim White. I'd ask him to read my text out on the radio, but you probably wouldn't believe it so what's the point.

September 18, 2016, 11:33:48 PM
Reply #295

KoemansNumberTens

Would villa had got a point without him. Hard to understand how a side with him in it could be as bad as villa were. Though saying that they are near the bottom of the championship without him
If pogba had put these performances in people would be saying he was justifying the 90m fee. So far he's been "can play for anyone" good.

September 19, 2016, 12:17:58 AM
Reply #296

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
You're right that we all get some wrong (I once vehemently called for us to get Bony rather than Lukaku, for example).

But it's still funny to read back on some comments. I think @efcforlife 's is my favourite:

The 'FACT' really makes that post.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 19, 2016, 12:46:43 AM
Reply #297

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

think i would have taken a new user name or better stop posting After that....

September 19, 2016, 12:58:34 AM
Reply #298

stirlingblue

It's interesting, the last 2 games he's frequently been further forward positionally than before, generally further down the pitch than Barry.

Wonder if that's Koeman wanting us to pose more attacking threat against weaker teams, and trusting Gueye to get back when he needs to, or if it's more that he's seeing more and more the attacking qualities that Gueye can bring.

Could well be that Koeman wants us to win the ball back further up the pitch.

Gana seems to be a magnet for loose balls, if he is position ally further forward he can pick up the loose balls when attacks break down and let us maintain the impetus.

September 19, 2016, 01:45:17 AM
Reply #299

MmmblueBernard

The 'FACT' really makes that post.

I can't recall a better misuse of the word fact.

Ever.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama