October 20, 2019, 08:55:53 AM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 45372 times)

December 05, 2016, 05:04:00 AM
Reply #315

Optimistic Blue

By far our best player this season, to the point where i would seriously consider putting the captains armband on him, dubbing this the "Gueye" era and build our team around him
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

December 05, 2016, 05:07:51 AM
Reply #316

Shogun

Administrator
If I weren't worried about him going all McCarthy in the next couple of years then I'd be saying some outrageously positive things about him now.

December 05, 2016, 06:07:36 AM
Reply #317

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He borders on the truly ridiculous.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 05, 2016, 06:25:51 AM
Reply #318

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
My biggest hope of the Koeman era. One of the biggest reasons people were so comfortable with Moyes was his ability to repeatedly find and sign talent. If Koeman and Walsh can identify problems in the team and address them as well as they have with Gueye it gives hope.

There has been counter evidence so the jury is still out there though.

Anyhow really like the player. Also glad that he isn't afraid to shoot at times too. Really could use some more goals chipped in from central midfield.

December 05, 2016, 12:46:27 PM
Reply #319

Trowel

Tackles this season:

Rank   Player   Stat
1.   Idrissa Gueye   66
2.   Jordan Henderson   57
3.   Daniel Drinkwater   49
3.   Oriol Romeu   49
5.   N'Golo Kanté   44
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

December 05, 2016, 03:32:31 PM
Reply #320

duncandisorderly

Love this lad, he is our midfield at the moment

December 06, 2016, 01:19:57 AM
Reply #321

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
He's become first name on the team sheet - which for someone who's only been here a matter of months is an absolute credit to the lad.
Just how good can he become? Scary really. But then such questions were asked of Barkley and others so I'll wind in talking about it and pressuring the guy. (Not that some weirdo on a forum saying he could be world class is likely to pressure him really I guess)
(Zoolander)

December 06, 2016, 01:29:32 AM
Reply #322

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
He's become first name on the team sheet - which for someone who's only been here a matter of months is an absolute credit to the lad.
Just how good can he become? Scary really. But then such questions were asked of Barkley and others so I'll wind in talking about it and pressuring the guy. (Not that some weirdo on a forum saying he could be world class is likely to pressure him really I guess)

Damn right, but who's the second name on the team sheet right now? Other than Rom and Stek, due to lack of alternatives, I can't think of anyone.

December 06, 2016, 01:33:06 AM
Reply #323

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber

Damn right, but who's the second name on the team sheet right now? Other than Rom and Stek, due to lack of alternatives, I can't think of anyone.
I'd say Gana and Barry but that's about your lot really - which illustrates how poor our collective form has been
(Zoolander)

December 06, 2016, 01:40:56 AM
Reply #324

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I'd say Gana and Barry but that's about your lot really - which illustrates how poor our collective form has been

Yeah, Barry is probably the only other name. The rest are dispensable right now.

December 06, 2016, 04:07:30 AM
Reply #325

Thomas

By far our best player this season, to the point where i would seriously consider putting the captains armband on him, dubbing this the "Gueye" era and build our team around him

So just because he runs around and has an engine and makes a tackle/interception he is a hero now is he? Typical modern day Everton fan philosophy.

He's been playing well and is decent at what he does but nothing more. He does not set up or score goals or spot a pass. To be top 4 that's what we need. Leicester got Kante for 3m less than we got Gana and Kante is twice the player Gana is.

I like the lad quite a bit but lets say it how it is  - to be frank he is fucking limited. Gareth Barry who I have little time for has more intelligence on the pitch than this guy who is the wrong end of his 20s.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 04:09:18 AM by Thomas »

December 06, 2016, 04:09:55 AM
Reply #326

Lxxx

So just because he runs around and has an engine and makes a tackle/interception he is a hero now is he? Typical modern day Everton fan philosophy.

He's been playing well and is decent at what he does but nothing more. He does not set up or score goals or spot a pass. To be top 4 that's what we need. Leicester got Kante for 3m less than we got Gana and Kante is twice the player Gana is.

Give it a rest with this 'typical modern day fan philosophy.' You've been banging on about it now for quite a bit and you've made your point. Not that many agree with it like.

December 06, 2016, 04:10:24 AM
Reply #327

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

I like the lad quite a bit but lets say it how it is  - to be frank he is fucking limited. Gareth Barry who I have little time for has more intelligence on the pitch than this guy who is the wrong end of his 20s.

Thomas my friend. he runs around and makes tackles and interceptions. Those are his job as a DM and he does it better than anyone in the league.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 06, 2016, 04:16:51 AM
Reply #328

Thomas

Give it a rest with this 'typical modern day fan philosophy.' You've been banging on about it now for quite a bit and you've made your point. Not that many agree with it like.

How about people give their constant state of denial a rest?

Thats another problem with the likes of you @Lxxx and some of our fans - fingers in the ears and 'sit down shut up' with anything they disagree with.

The fact is we love limited players like Gana and Ashley Williams and ones who cannot get into a Norwich team like Naismith,  but have no time for John Stones, Ross Barkley etc who get the height of abuse.

I respect AW and Gana but unlike some of our fans I'm prepared to acknowledge just how completely limited they are and how signing and not improving on them will not get us in the top 4.

The fact is we have a shit team and all's we are doing for a comfort blanket is looking for a chink of light and alls Gana has done is looked half interested. Thats the bare minimum I expect from an Everton player.

December 06, 2016, 04:18:20 AM
Reply #329

Thomas

Thomas my friend. he runs around and makes tackles and interceptions. Those are his job as a DM and he does it better than anyone in the league.

Sure, but going off this thread the guy has become Makelele or Gattusso.

He's a decent player but we need the complete player and they are out there for decent prices.