December 15, 2019, 12:08:12 AM

Author Topic: VAR  (Read 6317 times)

September 14, 2019, 09:29:51 PM
Reply #45

The Analog Kid

October 28, 2019, 01:32:19 AM
Reply #46

velimski

The most ridiculous VAR decision of the weekend surely has to come from the Bundesliga 2nd division.

https://twitter.com/WorldFootballi/status/1188412134717304832

October 28, 2019, 01:34:24 AM
Reply #47

Shogun

Administrator
The most ridiculous VAR decision of the weekend surely has to come from the Bundesliga 2nd division.

https://twitter.com/WorldFootballi/status/1188412134717304832

I know they don't have to but should have booted the penalty out for a throw.

October 28, 2019, 01:37:29 AM
Reply #48

velimski

Yes I was kind of hoping that he'd miss it on purpose.

October 28, 2019, 11:03:36 PM
Reply #49

stirlingblue

Finally got around to watching match of the day, Iíd say I disagree without about 80% of the VAR decisions this weekend.

I assumed there would be teething pains, but itís been an awful introduction so far rrally

October 29, 2019, 02:00:38 PM
Reply #50

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

would probably have gotten a card for dissent.

November 04, 2019, 12:07:23 AM
Reply #51

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Shite this VAR stuff mate.

November 04, 2019, 04:51:27 AM
Reply #52

Cereal Killer

So itís no longer handball whenever the ball touches a hand/arm??  ???

November 04, 2019, 06:05:21 AM
Reply #53

WeimaranerBlues

Not today , but will be next week though,

The rules are being made up , to disallow it as Ali was challenged in the air is a pile of bollocks,.

The rules state a pen should be awarded if it hits the arm or hand if it's above shoulder height.

A pen should not be given if it hits the hand after deflection of them selves or an apponent.  Ok mins heads it on to Ali' s arm but it's above shoulder and in a unnatural position.

They are making up the rules as they go and then don't know the actual rules set out.

November 04, 2019, 09:03:30 PM
Reply #54

Heisenberg

The idea behind VAR is fine. The problem is that the operators are the people who were that bad we needed VAR in the first place. I find it crazy that everyone can come to the same consensus EXCEPT the VAR operator. Not one person agreed with the Ali handball or Firminho offside this weekend. Its scandalous

November 05, 2019, 12:01:02 AM
Reply #55

74Blue

The idea behind VAR is fine. The problem is that the operators are the people who were that bad we needed VAR in the first place. I find it crazy that everyone can come to the same consensus EXCEPT the VAR operator. Not one person agreed with the Ali handball or Firminho offside this weekend. Its scandalous
No matter what angle you look at the Dele Alli handball, there is absolutely no doubt at all that the ball hit his arm, whilst his arm was above his head and that is handball.
The Firmino one was just as ridiculous to be fair. VAR will be ruling out goals because the centre forward breathed in air that was in an offside position just before receiving the ball.

It's fucking ridiculous that there are cameras all over the shop, but the daft cunts are still getting it wrong every week.

November 05, 2019, 04:55:47 AM
Reply #56

WeimaranerBlues

It took so long to check the Ali hand ball yesterday , I thought the VAR operator was watching one of the IPTV streams and the feed was behind.  But seriously one camera pic was so fucking blurred ,. And then sky put up a video a few mins later that VAR did not have .  It's scanderlous.  It was a live televised game ,. Ok all games are televised but why not use the same bloody cameras to get all the angles.

November 12, 2019, 07:59:49 PM
Reply #57

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama